[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I dispatch a captured mouse cleanly and humanely?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: mice.jpg (13KB, 352x248px) Image search: [Google]
mice.jpg
13KB, 352x248px
How do I dispatch a captured mouse cleanly and humanely?
>>
>>2358449
>How do I dispatch a captured mouse cleanly and humanely?
I usually wrap it in some kitchen paper then a plastic bag and hit it with a brick as hard as you can against the floor.
>>
>>2358449
Attach them to an helium balloon
>>
>>2358449
.22 air gun to the back of the head just behind the spine
>>
File: 14602076256024.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
14602076256024.png
88KB, 568x548px
>>
>>2358449
G.Gordon Liddy style...... unconscious in 10 seconds, dead within 30. Clean, painless, gently to (permanent) sleep humanely like CO2 euthanasia that reptile-fags always preach.

https://youtu.be/sT_dGvLEhIc
>>
>>2358449
>wants to humanely kill a mouse
>uses glue traps
>>
>>2358449
Guillotine. https://youtu.be/ZmahRowBZdM

post webm if you do it.
>>
Get a cat.
>>
Step on it
>>
>>2358449
Serious answer put them outside and visible and normally a hawk or bird will grab them but idk with glue traps I've just used mouse traps
>>
>>2358559
Then there will be a thread about how to humanely dispatch a captured hawk
>>
>>2358568
After that, how to humanely dispatch a captured fox/cat/coyote. After that, how to humanely dispatch a captured mountain lion/wolf/bear. After that, how to humanely dispatch a captured steamroller. Past that stage it's just Katamari Damacy.
>>
When I worked in a lab with mice, we would euthanize them by pumping CO2 into their cages through the air vent. It displaces the oxygen and they just go to sleep and don't wake up. You probably don't have a CO2 tank lying around though.

I don't do that anymore though, now I work with monkeys
>>
>>2358484
/Thread
>>
>>2358599
how do you dispose of monkeys?
>>
>>2358765
Sodium pentobarbitol overdose
>>
bash their fucking head in while they're stuck in the glue trap
>>
>>2358500
how else would I capture them?
>>
>>2358595
>how to humanely dispatch the Sun
>>
File: mousekill.jpg (122KB, 1811x1358px) Image search: [Google]
mousekill.jpg
122KB, 1811x1358px
>>
>>2358774

If you're going to use a lethal trap, use one that kills them humanely.

If you're going to use a live trap, use a real live trap that isn't going to leave them a sticky mess so they can die slowly over the next couple days.
>>
>>2358599
Unconsciousness isn't the same as sleep. They starve for oxygen, rapid breathing and anxiety occurs because they know something is wrong with the air supply, gasping, dizzyiness, lungs burning from acidosis, rapidly unconsciousness, followed by organ failure and death with the last of energy in their CNS releasing (twitching). Thank goodness it's quicker for them than for us.
>>
>>2358818
>rapid breathing and anxiety occurs because they know something is wrong with the air supply
This is correct. CO2 isn't a particularly humane death because it causes sensations of suffocation.

Helium or even carbon monoxide would be far better because you don't get the panic. It's always weird when lab students don't realize this, though I doubt most labs actually believe mice can suffer.
>>
olive oil and slide it off the trap. then you can do whatever you want to it
>>
>>2358449
Gun
>>
I would get a gray suit and mask, and Live Action Cosplay as a Shrike with those things
>>
>>
>>2358541
>Cats
>Humane

They will fuck with a mouse for hours.
>>
>>2358823
Both helium and CO are significantly more expensive.

>>2358818
Well obviously there are more humane methods, like the ones we use for larger subjects. But mice are used in a far greater variety of studies, and in such numbers that they have to be eventually euthanized en masse.

As for the panic, that's why you replace the oxygen gradually. With a low flowrate they reach the point where they get tired and fall unconscious long before they're actually in any danger. It's not strictly the same as sleep, but it's certainly better than gassing them rapidly when they're fully conscious.
>>
File: police_dispatch.jpg (103KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
police_dispatch.jpg
103KB, 640x427px
>>2358449
You will need to get miniature CB Radio gear for it to wear.
>>
>>2358496
Oh my god that was horrible to watch

Like, I hate pests just as much as the next guy, but watching that thing scream, knowing it's going to die...jesus christ, that hit me right in the feels.

I think I would have rather just covered it with a towel so it couldn't see and just hit it with a brick.
>>
File: 1481576531623.jpg (24KB, 628x354px) Image search: [Google]
1481576531623.jpg
24KB, 628x354px
>>2358839
>>
>>2358771
and how do you dispose of humans?
>>
>>2358974
The whole point of disposing of animals is so that we don't have to do it with humans.

But I'm a fan of 5.56
>>
>>2358487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiJYRGIitG4
>>
>>2358839
>yfw shrikes arecalled executioner in spanish
>>
>>2358950

>hit it with a brick

That's actually the most humane way to do it, really. That or step on it. They're dead in less than a second.

Of course we don't have the stomach for that. Instead by "humane" what we mean is quick ways to indirectly cause death that we don't feel guilty for.
>>
File: 1492215244357.jpg (14KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1492215244357.jpg
14KB, 500x440px
Mousey guillotine
>>
>>2358507
that's neither clean, quick nor humane
>>
>>2358568
Lmaoo
>>
I dunno, working in a kitchen one guy use to check the traps a few times every shift and drown em to just get it over with
>>
>>2358484
>>2358950
>>2359105

Your way is not very sportsmanlike.
>>
>>2358942
underrated
>>
i remember when my uncle tried to kill a full grown rat with boiling water

what a fucking nightmare that was, i had to leave i didnt know what happened with the ratto
>>
>>2359341

Why the everloving fuck would anyone think that is a good idea
>>
>>2359349

Autism.
>>
>>2359150
but it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>2358496
what awful noises those disgusting pests make
>>
>>2359010
>>2358487
I wonder how high it would go?
>>
>>2358950
It wasn't screaming in terror. Any animal trapped feels afraid and a rats natural instinct is to vocalize in this manner in an attempt to sound threatening and deter or scare you off. You interpretted a human emotion in a rodent where there is none.

That rat was done and gone quicker than most rattlesnake and constrictor vids out there.
>>
>>2358974
A shovel and a bag of lime. Any old basement will do.
>>
>>2359349
It works in seconds. And easier if you dont have the testicular fortitude to watch them drown for 45 secs, or actually pull the trigger, or whatever.
>>
>>2358449
i don't know why this hasn't been said yet, but people who feed prekilled (not frozen) rodents to their snakes have a method where they hold down its neck against a hard surface and yank its body, killing it instantly.
there are a lot of threads on this on snake forums, i forgot what they call it but check there for a more detailed explanation

although if i were you id probably just take the mice a mile away from my house and let them go because I'm a pussy desu
>>
>>2358500
>>
>>2359598
>No quality there is no tomorrow

What a bleak product
>>
>>2359592
yep, look up "cervical dislocation" on youtube.. lots of them. Turn up the volume and you can hear the spine go *crick*
>>
>>2359602
Truth in advertising sucks. Just ask a cigarette manufacturer.
>>
>>2359564
>Any animal trapped feels afraid and a rats natural instinct is to vocalize in this manner

Dude you just contradicted whatever the hell you were trying to say. Just stop.
>>
>>2358801
Not him but imo mice are home invading thieves, and deserve to suffer.
>>
>>2359692
They're not actively deciding to steal from you, you mouth breathing retard. They're animals looking for food.
>>
>>2359787
>>3359689
samefag
>>
>>2359787
heheh. >mouth breathing retard
that's such a weird thing to say.

Look, i'm hungry so i'm getting into your home to get something to eat. Remember, i'm not stealing, trespassing, or forcing entry. While i'm at it i'll piss & shit everywhere too. It's just what we do, it's nothing personal and not on purpose but just natural biological incontinence.

Remember: i'm not actively stealing from you. By definition one cannot steal from an SJW such as yourself.
>>
>>2358484
I just my shoed feet. People get all upset because it seems brutal, but simply crushing very small animals is as quick and painless as you can do it. Crush the entire brain and spine in one second and there's no time for them to register the pain or stress out. It's just over. It's like when you get injured yourself with a percussive blow. There's that immediate shock of the blow, then it takes a few seconds to feel pain. All the complicated ways of killing small things just torture it. The longer it's stuck in a trap, the more it suffers.
>>
>>2358449
pour boiling water onto the glue trap to release the rats
>>
Honestly? Give it the boot.
Be decisive and firm and don't fucking hesitate. Just stomp down as hard as you can.

I'd personally recommend humane traps that are checked often and dumped a few miles away as being more effective. Dead mouse attracts more mice, living stressed out mouse is a deterrent.

Source: I lived in a rural listed building. You get used to dealing with mice.
>>
>>2360520
heh.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.