[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it bad for me to get a cat if i live alone. its unhealthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

is it bad for me to get a cat if i live alone.

its unhealthy if they're alone alot right ?
>>
>>2357991
I'd say it depends how often you get to socialize with the cat! If you're able to have it roam in/out freely I think your cat would do just fine! (even if its just in your backyard or something similar)
>>
Don't let your cat outside unless you can make it a catio or you teach it to walk with a harness & leash.

As for being alone, cats like being alone as long as you're not gone for more than around 10 hours a day and even 10 hours is fine.

Make sure when you do have time with it you play with it a lot to make it tired other wise all the pent up energy will make your cat go crazy.
>>
>>2358020
>I can't get a cat because I work two jobs
[Loneliness Intensifies]
>>
>>2357991
>>2358038
Look into senior cats, they honestly spend their days sleeping and eating. Just be prepared for medical bills/euthanasia in the coming years if you get a real old fart.
>>
>>2358020
What if I work 3 twelve hour shifts a week and live alone? I could see it turning out okay, aside from the fact a cat would wanna play as soon as I get home
>>
>>2358045
Cats chill out in a few years mostly. Especially male cats which tend to be chiller. OP should def avoid a kitten.

OP just go to the shelter and hang out and ask about the cats. Like dogs you can tell them you are single and work, so you want a cat that is chill. Don't act like you don't have time for it at all.
>>
>>2357991
You'll need to give it something to chase in the morning and/or evening. Or it'll need to be an outdoor cat. Cats are pretty good about napping the day away.
>>
File: CYMERA_20170312_171101.jpg (808KB, 2286x3038px) Image search: [Google]
CYMERA_20170312_171101.jpg
808KB, 2286x3038px
>>2357991
My cat loves to be alone. But he knows that I am always there for him
>>
>>2358045
Ohhhh, our little darling wasn't like that at all! She got to be very old, and she did not slow down or mellow out much. Even when she got seriously decrepit. She should still be with us, she had zero desire to quit.
>>
Cats are more miserable in company of other cats.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.