[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ferrets!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

I don't think anyone could hate these cat snek combos
>>
>>2357476
Spaghetti cats
>>
File: Sports-Balls20.jpg (30KB, 625x331px) Image search: [Google]
Sports-Balls20.jpg
30KB, 625x331px
>>2357478
I forgot to mention I've been bitten on the fucking nose before by one of these bastards, but I fucking love these sons of bitches
>>
tube weasel
>>
File: IMG_0908.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0908.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I have to get rid of my two babies tomorrow D:
>>
>>2357495
Oh no, why?
>>
You're a fucking retard. Ferrets are Mustelids, therefore belong to the order Caniformia. So they're closer to dogs than cats.
Go read a fucking book instead of butchering the english language with your retarded reddit speak you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2357911
This
Fucking newfags
>>
>>2357476
Never hate, only get frustrated at when I need to mess around with their food 5 times in 10 minutes because it's not to their specific liking and they wont eat it

Or when they would rather destroy the bars their cage than go to bed despite having just played for over an hour

I fucking love them though
>>
>>2357495
Do you live in michigan?
>>
>>2358069
Actually, this'd be a good chance to ask for advice,

is there a way to train ferrets to not go into a certain area? I don't have the means to fix it, but they can get stuck between a bookshelf and wall, and really fucking like to get stuck because I don't want them to get stuck.

I try scruffing but they associated that with biting, which they never ever do, which is nice. Just have no means to get them to stop stucking themselves.

Also is it better to let them out an hour at a time 3 times a day, or 3 hours one time a day? Problem with 3 hours one time is they only drink from a hanging bottle, which I can't get hooked up without duct tapping it, making refilling it a pain. When I use bowls they splish splash and spill.

Also is litter training them even possible if they hadn't been litter trained yet at 2 years of age?
I try that natural bitter lemon spray on where they pee and poop so they don't go there,
but instead they lick it and like the smell, which is cute but fuck. They also just poop and pee next to the litter tray, or in a whole new area.

Don't get my complaining wrong, I fucking adore them and take the best care of them, but I'm getting frustrated by certain things, and want to maximize their happiness the best I can while retaining sanity.
>>
>>2358081
Whenever my ferret would go in a place I didn't want her to go I'd pick her up while she was backin her butt up to a corner and put her in the litter box, then she went in there and associated it with the act.
Also keep the litter box clean, but to get them used to it, it might help to put a little bit of their poop in there to show them that's where they go.
My ferret would pointedly not poop in the litter box if it was anything less than pristine, though. Every ferret is different.
>>
>>2358081
There's no training them not to go somewhere, you have to block it off.

I let them out twice a day for 2-3 hrs, whenever they're pooped out. Just let them run till they're tired, as many times a day as needed.

Put a soft, fluffed up blanket around the litterbox, and anywhere they shouldn't poop (usually corners). Use blankets as their bedding too
>>
>>2357911
Autism alert
>>
>>2357911
Pole-cat
>>
>>2357911
>Being this proud of looking up taxonomy on Wikipedia

It's just a noodle squirrel, dude
>>
>>2358188
I don't need to look it up on Wikipedia retard I've browsed animal discussion forums for years.
>>
>>2358188
I LOVE noodle squirrels!
They stink like moldy armpits though....
>>
File: a.jpg (389KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
389KB, 1024x721px
>>2357476
Just bought 2 babby fur worms
blurry pic because they don't stop moving
>>
>>2357476
Cute, but they stink.
>>
File: 1485245433735.jpg (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485245433735.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
>>2358462

I love ferret stench. Sometimes I just bury my nose in their fur
>>
>>2358084
Problem is whenever I try that, my little guy just stops trying to go and goes back to playing, then when he tries to go again it's back in the bad spot. Repeat.
Roger that.

>>2358088
Aww, that sucks. But roger that.

Man I felt bad I let them out less than you, but they do get out a lot still, and as needed.

Eh? Using a blanket as litter? I don't have the money to keep buying blankets for my pets to shit and pee on.

Thanks both of you for the advice, btw.
>>
>>2359119
>Eh? Using a blanket as litter?

Incorrect, he was referring to having them associate blankets with bedding rather than places to do their business. You put them in corners to dissuade them from using that corner instead of their litter box because they don't want to shit on places where they sleep. I imagine you put it around the litter box to highlight where it is you want them to go, or at least prevent them from thinking the spaces next to the box are corners all the same.

Or I think so, I've never actually owned a ferret before. Just read stuff.
>>
>>2359195
Ah, thanks.. that actually makes a ton of sense. Thanks a ton, >>2358088
>>
>>2359119
I'll show you a pic of my playpen soon. There's no critter bedding. They have soft blankets as their literal bedding so they sleep in those. They won't potty where they sleep. Putting a blanket around the litterbox helps them not poo around it. They poo in it
>>
File: stinge.png (110KB, 214x245px) Image search: [Google]
stinge.png
110KB, 214x245px
>>2358272
>I don't need to look it up on Wikipedia retard I've browsed animal discussion forums for years.
>>
>>2357476
I hate them. I just hate whiskers, a true sign of a pest
>>
>>2359878
Dogs have whiskers too. Even seals do, most mammals have whiskers.
>>
>>2359878
Mammals are defined by their facial hair, you know
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.