[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to decide between a university 30 minutes away in Fort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Minnesota_Terrestrial_Biomes.jpg (63KB, 611x700px) Image search: [Google]
Minnesota_Terrestrial_Biomes.jpg
63KB, 611x700px
Trying to decide between a university 30 minutes away in Fort Worth, and a university near Minneapolis.

Obviously there are other, much more pressing factors to consider, but what is the wildlife like up there?
>>
>>2357459
Are you conservative? Minnesota, great hunting and massive parks. Beautiful animals.

Are you not conservative? Fuck off, you're ruining the state.
>>
>>2357459
Hey there fellow Texas anon. I dated a Minnesota girl for a while and went up there to visit her family a few times.

It gets really goddamn cold in the winter. There are regularly temperatures up there that have never, ever existed in Fort Worth. Most of the school year weather will be winter weather/Arctic hell by your standards.

Early fall is nice and summer is nice. Moose are big and scary (but not in Minneapolis). The North Woods are super cool but I do not recommend them at times of year when water is not liquid. And even then you have to bathe in mosquito repellent multiple times a day.
>>
>>2357459
>wanting to leave TX
>>>/int/
>>
>>2357791
Center, maybe a nudge to the left in areas, a nudge to the right in others. I do plan to hide my politic while I'm there, though.
>>2358259
>Most of the school year weather will be winter weather/Arctic hell by your standards
I know, I went there to audition in February and it was in a bit of a snowstorm. Combined with the scenic campus and nearby town it felt like freaking Skyrim. So cool.
The university in Fort Worth has a nice Greek aesthetic, but it just can't compare.
>>
>>2358394
The winter gets real old real fast.
>>
>>2357791
if you're conservative stay the fuck away from Minneapolis every block has designated safe zones and refugee's line the streets. Minni-St.Paul is one of the most liberal areas in the country rural MN is conservative but not the twin cities
>>
>>2357459
Neat, which uni?

I recommend checking out the sherburne national wildlife refuge, not a tough drive from the cities, and worth it. The arboretum is cool, but I hardly see animal diversity there. Minnehaha park is a great spot that's right in the cities, plus there's a yuge off-leash dog park there too.

BWCA is god tier but the drive is absolute balls. If you're into geology, digging around Sturgeon lake to analyze the soil on both sides of the Lorentian divide is cool.

You might see a black bear if you travel far enough north. Good places to see them are near dumpsters around park camps. You'll see plenty of eagles and hawks. Fuckers are always floating above my chicken coop.

Not much in the way of Arthropoda. Ticks and mosquitoes are what you'll remember.

Herp-wise, you'll mostly see garter sneks and the occasional eastern hog-nose snek. Also snapping turtles, plenty of them.

I could go on, but I think you should check out the MNDNR website. Idk how good other states have thier DNR, but ours is god-tier.

>>2357791
Get the fuck out of my consistently blue state, /pol/.

Stop trying to pitch Minnesota as conservative, that's your stupid fucking imagination. If you want a red northern Midwest state, just go to Wisconsin and appreciate the wolf genocide.

>>2358259
Moose aren't much of a thing here. I've never seen one. Same with elk. It's not really worth it for elk hunting anyways, it's way too tough to get a tag.
>>
There's definitely a lot of neat wildlife up here. I live in St. Paul and there's a little lake out in front of my apartment where I've seen all kinds of birds. There are plenty of parks here, and it's also not too hard to get out of the city and find proper woods to hike in. (You might need a car for that, I'm not sure about the train situation outside of the city). As others have mentioned it does get very cold here, so if you're a pussy this place is not for you.

Also, /pol/fags get the fuck out. OP asked about wildlife, not politics.
>>
Somali or mexicans. Pick your posion.
>>
>>2358432
you mean cold
>>
>>2358433
yeah but you cant knock their food! source: i happily live in the middle of mpls in a very mixed neighborhood.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.