[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is gay as fuck but this is my first time posting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 20170224_210410.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_210410.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
I know this is gay as fuck but this is my first time posting to this board so please hear me out..

>I am 23, have cat who is 17
>basically have had my cat around me longer than anyone who isn't immediate family.
>love my kitty, Chili
>just watched a sad video of an owner putting her cat sick with feline lukiemia down.
Almost lost it. Nearly cried

I am now coming to grips with the fact that this can very well be Chili's last summer, Christmas, or hell even April.

I have never really put much thought into how much this little asshole has been there for me, has gotten me laid and made LAYDEES feel at home and comfortable (ohhhh she's sooo cute and sweet anon), also if you get the "LAYDEES" reference, you're forever my bro.

I have lost extremely close friends and even roommates who have lived with me to accidental deaths and freak incidents and have attended funerals. Even made speeches without losing my cool besides the typical sob for a minute or two.

I just feel when my cat decides to finally cash out, I may actually have a hard time coping with it/may become depressed.

Is there anyone else who can relate?

>pic very related, meet Chili. I know, but she is way older than she looks.
>>
Anyone?
>>
This board is fucking dead.... wtf
>>
no, i love it when my cats die, it gives me an excuse to dig a hole in the yard which I'm not allowed to do normally because my BITCH wife is all "there's no geodes in the yard" and "what do you want a geode for anyway" and "geodes are just crystal turds crapped out by stupid dragons and have no place in modern life" fucking bitch can't appreciate crystal energies radiating from underneath the ground without spouting some shrub worshipping horseshit about that nandina bush being as old as the house or
>>
File: 46d.gif (476KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
46d.gif
476KB, 400x273px
>>2356677
Kek, thanks for lightening up my mood, anon
>>
>>2356660

I had a similar situation. The cat lived to be 24.

It is rare, but it does happen. You just make the most of your time with him, anon Spoil the hell out of that cat, let him know he is loved however often you can.

It may hurt more than losing human friends and family. I know that sounds crazy, but it was true for me. I lost my mom and my sister in an accident, and pretty much sailed through it. With humans, our relationships are very complex. We have a lot of social obligatiosn to fulfill, and when they die, those obligations continue in some ways, so we don't always have a chance to breakdown or grieve fully and without reservation.

With an animal? They just love you and chill with you with no expectations, and when they are gone, you are totally free to grieve. That is often the only time in our lives when we are really free to feel the full pain of loss.

That, too, will be his final gift to you. Let it happen. Go ahead. Cry, and remember that love you got to experience.
>>
>>2356660
Your cat looks fine, I had a cat that lived to fucking 21, your cat may have a few years left with her condition.

Also, when she does cash out, get a new cat right away. Don't wait and mourn, realize that what you had with Chili was special but all things have an end and a beginning. And when you get a new cat you have a new beginning right? That's the way things go, dude. We live on a different cycle than cats do, so it's normal for them to come and go out of our lives. And they do so whenever they feel like it, I find.

Anyway, if you wanted a pet that would stick with you for life, should have gotten a tortoise or a parrot.

Unfortunately, the only way to get a mammalian pet that will life as long as you is to get a slave.

So those are your options.
>>
>>2356660
s.m.h t.b.h f.a.m
>>
I'm 22, and my cat, Chance, turns 20 this year.
I've lived in constant fear of him dying for as long as i can remember
my parents drilled into me that cats dont live that long, and if he lived past 10 we'd be lucky.
i can easily say that he is the love of my life
he's always been perfectly healthy, was an indoor and outdoor cat until 16, would jump fences, fuck up neighborhood cats, stay out all night, howl at the lady cats, live life hard
in the last 4 years it feels like he's aged 10 years
he seems to get older and older every day, which obviously he does, but much more so
he's got so much white grey in his black and dark grey coat
i like to tell myself that he's got 3 years left, but he's probably in his last year
we sleep together every night, just like we always have
he's getting pretty senile, now he only wants to sleep, and he meows much more for no reason
he sticks to me like glue, seeming like he cant do anything without me
he's never farther than 20 feet from me at any time
he cant sleep unless he holds one of my arms, while sleeping on the other
my parents didnt really know how to be parents so
he's singularly showed me what unconditional love is, somehow making me feel it not for me, but for him

i'm completely rambling, but we've spent our entire lives together
the fact is, life ends
eventually everyone and everything dies
death is simply a part of life
to them, they've lived long and loved lives
we remember them and feel their love every time we show love and patience for someone else
you cant let the time that you spent together disappear after they're gone
we have to remember what they taught us, simply by them existing
there will never be anything to replace them, and there will absolutely be a hole in your heart
just dont ever let your cat feel alone or forgotten
be with them until the very, very end
living life with them missing seems impossible
but there's still happiness in the world
there's still a place for you
>>
>>2356660
also it's not gay to fucking love something
>>
>>2356681
Like this anon said, make the most of your time with her.

I've had cats my entire life, but not until my most recent and finally being in my late 20s did I realize just how special a cat's love can be. Not to say I didn't love my previous cats, but I understand now that the more time you put into your cat the better friend its going to be. I always just figured cats were pretty solitary, but now I play with my cat for at least a half hour a day, brush her, give her treats, and pet her for at least an hour every given day. She is 9 now and can't stand me even going to the bathroom without scratching at the door trying to be by me.

So spoil your cat, play with the damn thing, and give it lots of affection.

She looks like a good catto.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (71KB, 1568x882px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
71KB, 1568x882px
>>2356660
>>2356721
actually your cat even looks very similar to mine, same exact body pattern, just a much grayer face (and white kitten mittens). But the body is
>>
>>2356699
man dont make me cry fuck
>>
File: 662050.png (338KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
662050.png
338KB, 1440x1080px
>>2356699
I had a cat like this he was the only male in a group of females. They followed him everywhere and whenever a male cat came into the yard he would fuck them up. He was my best bro and I still have his twin sister who is 16 years old now.
>>
>>2356660
Had to put both my cats down within 9 months of each other, both for kidney problems. They were each a couple months shy of 16 and 20.

It's hard, yeah, no beating around the bush it was the worst times of my life since I had been with them for just about every single day since I had them and I got both when they were maybe 2-4 months old. At least you still have time to spend with yours because you know the end is coming in the next couple years (at best). Just make the most of it, take lots of pictures and video so you have those memories, and enjoy your cat while you can.
>>
>>2356767
Yeah.
>>2356767 here and one thing I regret is not having a single fucking photo of my cat (just his sister). Although I'm pretty sure my bro is engraved into my mind. At least his sister is living proof of him at the moment.
>>
Hi, i know you guys are talking about cats but I have an 11 year old dog and she's maybe got a maximum of two years left. It feels really bad; but I try not to spend each day thinking about how or when she'll die because I don't want to waste time I could be spending with her.

Make memories, don't waste the time you have left.
>>
>>2356660
From the thumbnail I thought someone had stuck metal skewers through the cat
>>
>>2356660
>anyone who can relate?

Hey buddy, very much so. I lost mine to congestive heart failure about one year after my infant son died, the susequent divorce, then the loss of the ex-wife. During those dark days I used to come home at night after a long day at work & she would be waiting for me at the door. She was the only constant in my life. Snuggles like crazy. Kept me going. I had to put her down when she started having trouble breathing one night & started suffering terribly. She crashed out fast. I stayed up the whole night for 9 hours until the vet opened, comforting her and supporting her body so she could breathe & sleep. Prognosis was dire & I had to put her down. That event was just too much.

To get my mind off it I went to work and did a half day , but I was basically putting off the inevitable of facing my loss. That night when I came home I unlocked my door and caught myself looking down in anticipation, & even called out her name, before the realization those days were over. I will admit to you & all that are here that I ~fucking~ lost it! The sight of a grown man bawling into his pillow is never pretty.

Sleep came in fits without that warm purring bundle of fur I rescued as a kitten 9 years earlier occupying the spot next my head or in the crook behind my knees (I sleep on my side sometimes). Christ, I had already lost so much that I felt I was laying on the ground getting the shit kicked out of me.

That was in April 2005. To this day I still have difficulty thinking about her & looking at her pictures. I felt like a zombie when I came to pick up her ashes. Everything felt surreal. Tbh I was pretty depressed for a very long time (probably talking months here).. clinically. I would escape it by burying myself at work.

I have no solutions or answers for those facing the same dilemma. I found solace in the outdoors. Still do. For me the words in the song "Here For A Good Time" by Trooper ring true.

<continued>
>>
>>2356811
Dunno what else to say, man. Value every moment as others have suggested. Maybe I could have summed all this up without using so many words by stating You won't be alone.

And thanks for reading this (and to everyone else), it's rare I can get comfortable enough to open up. Maybe it's because i'm listening to Supertramp ("Even In The Quietest Moments") while typing this up. :^)
>>
God the feels...

I had a dog who's been with me for a long ass time and died. Enjoy every moment like it's your last Anon. I find it harder to lose a pet than a relative.
>>
>>2356660
hello chilli. i like cats.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.