[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EMERGENCY: my scottish highland cattle herd of 10 bugged out!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5599.jpg (146KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5599.jpg
146KB, 500x312px
EMERGENCY: my scottish highland cattle herd of 10 bugged out! How do I chase them back into their fence?
>>
>>2356002
Go outside to start.
>>
Why did you take up cattle farming if you were not prepared for this?
>>
>>2356003

Start with what this anon said, then offer food inside the enclosure.
>>
OP here, no time for judgment i need some real advice. It's my dads cattle and hes on holiday. I was supposed to look after them. FAIL. We are two med and one business student an we have no clue about farming :/
>>
Wikihow's "how to drive cattle" just tells me to get into the animals frame of mind and use the "bubble zone" - but do I use sticks, do I use my hands? Do i "hurt" them or gently guide them?
help me you magnificent bastards
>>
'sigh' OK, anon.

Take it from somebody who grew up on a farm, and has done this a lot - go ask a nearest neighbor for help. Farmers and folks in the country are actually pretty used to this happening. They'll laugh their asses off at you, but they'll call in all the experienced cattle handlers in the area to help get your cows rounded up.

Have someone else offer food in their enclosure - something like alfalfa hay, or oiled grain, vegetables, or whatever their favorite treat is. When the cattle head back in, have that person make sure they stay occupied in the enclosure while the rest are rounded up.

When it is all done and over with, offer your helpful neighbors a beer, your profound thanks, and anything else you can to show appreciation for their time and work.
>>
>>2356012

It isn't really something that can be taught over the internet.
>>
OP here, thank you guys for your help. We managed to get them inside faster than expected. Everyone of those beautiful beasts is safe :)
>>
Until the butcher comes of course
>>
>>2356021
they were half a kilometer down the road (downhill sadly). Also we broke almost every rule we found online. We stayed behind them and stressed them out as much as humanly possible through screams. Worked like a charm.
>>
How the fuck do you have 10 cattle but know knowledge of what to do if they get out?
>>
>not posting pictures of the cute cows
>>
Play MCR or other scene music.
>>
assert dominance through wrasslin.
>>
borrow a kelpie
>>
>>2356002

>don't talk to me or my son ever again
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.