[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rat help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170412_211751.jpg (67KB, 669x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_211751.jpg
67KB, 669x502px
Hi there, my (old) female rat suddenly had a pretty red eye a while back, but it didn't seem to bother her so nothing was really done about it. It's been almost a year now, and she has cancer (tumours under the arm) and her eye developed cysts/absess's. We treated her with eye drops, and when it popped, we treated it with hydrogen peroxide and polysporin, but the cream makes her want to clean, which then she scratches and makes it worse. After the first one popped it left behind some gunk that won't come out, and now after trying different things it looks infected and bad. Any suggestions? (I do not have access to a vet. Please don't lecture on that -- she is already old enough to be dead and I'm not taking her to a vet. But i will buy any medication needed.).
>>
Just get her euthanized or do it yourself. She's suffering at this point and no medication is going to help. If there was a medication that would help then you'd need a vet to prescribe it anyway and I don't suggest doing it yourself through a farm supply.
HP probably makes it all the more painful to her. It damages and irritates tissue. Cleaning it with saline would be better.
>>
I honestly don't think she's suffering. It does not seem to bother her, she eats a ton still, loves treats, runs around and plays. I would think she was suffering if she slept all the time, didn't eat a lot, or acted off at all (trouble breathing, biting or anything like that), but she's the love bug she's always been. Just with a gross face. :/
>>
>>2355761
By your description it doesn't sound like she's suffering. But with an infection you need to get her on antibiotics and/or open up the infection and irrigate it with distilled or pure water in a irrigation syringe. Clean out all that nasty material. If her immune system isn't compromised (tumors?) she should heal up in no time.

Hydrogen peroxide, I haven't used that since the early 80's when a biochemist friend gave me an educated talk about it. It's vastly overrated with limited effectiveness. That bubbling action isn't a sign that it's working, but visual evidence that the chemical breakdown -oxidation- of H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) occurs rapidly and doing practically nothing beneficial. It's also probably irritating your cutie there. I'd never use it. Google it and you'll see why you'd never want that stuff around.

Other than that I don't have any other ideas. I'm just drawing on experience & education with backcountry/wilderness first aid. I hope she gets better, seems like a tough girl.
>>
File: 14602076256024.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
14602076256024.png
88KB, 568x548px
>>
>I do not have access to a vet

Yanks and fellow third worlders shouldn't be allowed to keep pets
>>
>>2356177
>Yanks and fellow third worlders shouldn't be allowed to keep pets

Hi Ivan
>>
>>2355761
take it to the vet
>>
If one cant afford a vet,,one shouldn't have chosen a pet. Just sayin'..

..that being said and all, hope she heals up soon. I've always been kinda partial to white rats.
>>
>>2358470
Quit typing like an autistic,,...., k? ......,,,
You're massacring the English language.
>>
>>2358475
i'll massacre your mom's fat pussy tonight worthless eng major
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.