[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rhinoceros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: rhinoceros-guy-standen-dpc.jpg (26KB, 480x262px) Image search: [Google]
rhinoceros-guy-standen-dpc.jpg
26KB, 480x262px
Will we see them go extinct in our lifetime?

Will the poachers eventually realize they can't get anymore rhino horns for their dick growth snake oil medicine if they hunt them to extinction?
>>
Who else gonna blast this as loud as possible when they finally go extinct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF1Q56YAo0Q
>>
Why does all ancient Chinese medicine revolve around dick growth?
>>
>>2355516
It probably includes tons of other shit too, Chinese businessman don't care about herbal headache remedies tho
>>
>>2355513
>implying people who believe in snake oil tier "medicines" have the intelligence to realize this
>>
>>2355516
>>2355548
every single one also claims general resistance to disease, aids cure, and cancer immunity.
>>
I think it was elephants that, in some parts of Africa, are increasingly born without tusks as an evolutionary adaptation to poaching. (Tusked ones are killed, tuskless ones survive and get to procreate.)

Why can't Rhinoceroses do this? Was their population smaller to begin with so they don't have a large enough pool of random mutations to produce the occasional horn-less individuals, or do they have a longer generational cycle than elephants?
>>
>>2355602
>Why can't Rhinoceroses do this?
It's easier to lose a couple teeth by mutation than half of your face.
>>
>>2355602
because it's not a conscious choice you retard.
>>
File: cranio-rinoceronte-lanoso2.jpg (67KB, 650x389px) Image search: [Google]
cranio-rinoceronte-lanoso2.jpg
67KB, 650x389px
>>2355611
Rhinoceros horns aren't part of their skull though, but rather an outgrow made of keratin. Shouldn't that be easy enough to drop?
But I get your point, it's probably more complex than that.
>>
>>2355513

Whenever I look at some of the African megafauna all I can think is that the ice age missed some things.
>>
>>2355615
yeah, not growing tusks likely requires a single mutation that's already present. Not growing horns likely requires multiple mutations that aren't present.

there's also the problem that selection would have to occur through reduction, and a reduced horn size doesn't confer selective benefit. Poachers kill rhinos with small horns too. So there's no path to loss via reduction.
>>
>>2355516
if you were 2 inches hard you would know the sturggle, now imagine like 4 billions dudes on the small penis boat, all trying to get a dig bick
>>
>>2355754
daily reminder you're a retard who thinks they're still hunting and poaching
They do this as much as everyone else, including white people.
>>
They want them to go extinct. If they are extinct and they already have horns, their price will sky rocket. They'd never have to hunt anything again. I bet there is plenty of rhino horns just collecting dust until then.
The consumers will also have more to brag about.

It's really Asia and Africa's fault. Asian has the demand and Africa both doesn't give a shit nor do they have/want to spend the money to get more man power and resources to help. Those dudes that ride around in the jungle killing poachers? It's a dangerous, shitty job and they don't get shit for it. They will hire anyone from any country to come help but no one wants to do it.
>>
>>2355797
how can anybody say chinese aren't the biggest poachers in the world? white people hunt but there is nothing wrong with that
>>
>>2355797
Yeah there's a huge market for tiger bones and rhino horn in Europe, m8

Fucking retards, I swear.
>>
>>2355513
What crazy chinese medicines do work? I don't know if referring to something as chinese medicine is a good thing or not
>>
>>2355857
ephedra
>>
>>2355852
As I said, they don't do that anymore.
>>
>>2355602
Rattlesnakes are doing something similar; a lot don't rattle at people any more, because the ones that do get rounded up and the ones that stay quiet live on and breed. It's a disgrace.
>>
File: RR-Buffalo-shoot.jpg (97KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
RR-Buffalo-shoot.jpg
97KB, 600x380px
>>2355517
>>
>>2355862
That's a north american grass.

They probably have it but rumors are that it's stimulant properties were discovered here.
>>
>>2355901
e. funerea is not the same plant
>>
>>2355513
Do you think the nig poachers can even fathom that concept? If so, they dont give a shit about it, because they care more about their families not fucking starving. Do you think the chinese gives a flying fuck about rhinos? They dont even care about other fellow humans.
>>
>>2355899
>actual photo of it happening
>>
File: Untitled-12.jpg (2MB, 2157x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-12.jpg
2MB, 2157x1416px
>>2356086
>>
File: tmp14020_thumb_thumb.jpg (92KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
tmp14020_thumb_thumb.jpg
92KB, 640x425px
>>2356086
White people destroyed the environment on Africa, America, Asia and Europe but hey, keep spamming 'muh chinese' because it's just so much easier.
>>
>>2356111
>white people shot some buffalo 100 years ago

>THAT MEANS WE SHUD BE ALLOWED TO HARVEST BIG DICK PILLS FROM RHINO HORNS FUKCING GUIZI

how much is the CPC paying per post these days?
>>
>>2356199
You're beyond retarded and ignorant, go to Greenpeace.
>>
>>2356204
>HONEST FUCKING GWEILO WE DON'T HARVEST RHINOS ANYMORE JUST AN ENDLESS LITTANY OF ENDANDERED AND THREATENED SPECIES FOR OUR BUNK NON-EVIDENCE BASED BULLSHIT TRADITIONAL MEDICINE J-JUST LET US EXTINCT ALL OF AFRICA IN PEACE

How much is the CPC paying per post? Be honest, this time.
>>
>>2355517
>>2356220
>>2356199
Stop trolling on a slow board and go back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>2355867
Bull shit
>>
>>2355517
>Whites actually know how to take care of wildlife.
Because they took such good care of the American buffalo and timber wolves.
>>
>>2355513
No, but dozens of species you don't even know about will.
>>
>>2356359
Or the passenger pigeon.
>>
>>2356359
>>2356377
There really isn't enough room for giant flocks of pigeons or herds of bison in modern North America.
>>
>>2356339
lol
>>
>>2355513
FUCK NO OVER MY DEAD FUCKING BODY
I'M GONNA MAKE DOMESTICATED RHINOS AND FUCKING MAKE MAD BUCKS ON RHINO MILK AND RHINO HIDE
also join my discord /an/
https://discord.gg/VwxPs
>>
>>2356339
Chinese people will always resort to subterfuge instead of admitting wrongdoing. It's their culture's way of "getting ahead". Just disregard the dead rhinos and the river dolphin and the smog in Beijing worse than inhaling a pack of cigs/day, that's just stupid guizi propaganda.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.