[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't you think that pandas are ready and should be extinct?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage(13).jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(13).jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Don't you think that pandas are ready and should be extinct?
>>
>>2355110
don't look now but their populations are growing rapidly.
>>
>>2355110
They're actually no longer endangered and doing fine
I don't know why /an/ pushes the meme that pandas are beyond saving
>>
>>2355110
>>2355130
desu I'm just amazed they survived up to when people decided to save them at all.
>>
>>2355110
they survived long enough to get the dominant species on the world to protect them, one of their reasons being that they're "fluffy and adorable". that's pretty much a success
>>
I find it strange that they haven't already gone extinct, since they function like the most retarded animals ever
>>
>>2355243
They functioned perfectly for their environment up until the point their environment disappeared.
>>
>>2356844
a lot of the funding went into restoring their habitat too, which doesn't just benefit pandas
>>
>>2355110
This is literally a tumblr meme. All of the special snowflakes like to appear smart and bad ass by hating something cute. In reality the panda evolved to not have to worry about competition for food (not even among other pandas), predators (babies also do not have to worry about predators), shelter, water, or territory. Their only problem was that their habitat was disconnected. They have a breeding and gestation similar to grizzly bears and will fuck a dozen times a day during breeding season. The issue was actually finding eachother to fuck.

The zoos made a fortune off of breeding programs because visitors wanted to see pandas and people wanted to donate to pandas. However breeding programs were fucking terrible at breeding pandas. Note that they are not the hardest captive mammal to breed, but the breeding program was not what I would consider successful. The idea of the breeding program was to introduce the species back into the wild, but in the first year most of the pandas reintroduced into the forest already died. The breeding program was more for getting cash by popularity and renting out pandas to other zoos.

It was really only the habitat restoration that made the difference which saved the species. Pandas probably brought in a fuck ton of donations along the way but many zoos are total jews about it so it probably won't be going back into wildlife conservation.
>>
>>2356866
Absolutely this
I don't know why normies think it's cool to hate on animals
There is nothing cool and badass about wanting animals to go extinct
Normies are a plague that need complete extermination because they have no respect for nature
>>
File: 6604002_orig[1].jpg (28KB, 626x382px) Image search: [Google]
6604002_orig[1].jpg
28KB, 626x382px
Why are you people sperging out about the giant panda while the superior red panda dies out before your eyes and is quickly becoming a zoo only attraction?
>>
>>2355243
that's koalas
>>
>>2357180
They have no respect for nature because they've been raised on techno-transhumanism utopian memes their whole life and think we'll just be able to clone the w. black rhino or the bengal tiger with LE SCIENCE!!!11oneone in 30 years. It's like all the idiots who believed in fusion power for all in the 50's, their head is floating so far up in the sky they can't pay attention to what's on the ground anymore.
>>
>>2357209
I believe you've hit the nail right on the head
People are such retards that they believe we can fix all the ecosystems and revive all species in the future with EP1CSC1ENCEXDDDD after we've completely destroyed everything
This lazy reckless mentality is killing everything beautiful in this world
This is why we need eugenics, so we can exterminate all these selfish parasites, and the small minority of humans with empathy for nature can experience a beautiful utopia abundant with vibrant and rich ecosystems which are thriving after a mass culling in human population
>>
>>2357181
There are so many species dying out around the world it's unbelievable
I wish the governments of the world would just mass cull most of the world's human population so animals and ecosystems can thrive without selfish humans destroying them
>>
>>2357358
I nominate the entire state of Alabama for culling

also Tennessee
>>
>>2355207
Evolution favours riding the coattails of the fittest.

Pandas and cats: emotional parasites? Clever girls...
>>
>>2356866
I have been saying this for years here on /an/ and I feel like I got people on my side due to my long winded rants on the subject, on these same threads.

I don't really like nor dislike pandas but panda's objectively have the chillest, safest life of the animal kingdom if you don't count human causes. Millions and millions of years went into this to specialize them from other bears and mammals. They don't have to hunt, they don't have to forage for twigs and berries, hibernate, swim and walk hundreds of miles just to find food or starve, etc.
>>
File: Lierre Keith.jpg (69KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lierre Keith.jpg
69KB, 850x400px
>>2357358

/an/ needs a good dose of Deep Green Resistance.

http://deepgreenresistance.org/
>>
>>2355110
No, because I'm not a moron who swallows every retarded plebeian meme I find vomited on the internet.

>Destroy an animal's habitat that's literally existed for longer than humans
>HURR DURR READY FOR THE JUNK PILE!!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.