[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal skeleton preparation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170410_124945227.jpg (692KB, 3751x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_124945227.jpg
692KB, 3751x1160px
Found these remains of a cat while taking pictures in a friend's garden. Surprised how complete I managed to get it. It's missing rib, paw and tail bones but otherwise the general structure is complete. Going to soak him in bleach today. And want to try wire mounting it on a wooden board to put him on my workbench. Anyone have any tips or experience doing this? Will probably leave the paws out and make mittens for it or something. Make it look cute as shit
>>
I once sawed off a dead cat's head and threw both into a river. That's about it.
>>
Wood glue for teeth.
Bleach? Do as you wish if you want it white as a blanket
Dont put to much pressure on bones when using the wire. Cat bones are pretty fragile
>>
>>2353515

Look into diaphanization
>>
Bleach not necessary. Boiling water is more gentle and will get the bones nice and clean, free of dirt and debris.
>>
>>2353664
I heard boiling water can make it fairly brittle. Ive already scrubbed it with a water vinegar mixture, but I dont think thats enough
>>
Do not bleach it, use diluted hydrogen peroxide unless you want it to dissolve in the bleach and become very brittle and fall apart.
>>
so you stole your friend's buried dead cat?
>>
>>2353872
I found it and she told me I could take it
>>
>>2353841
Do not boil! But keep steady 80 degrees
>>
File: DeadThings.jpg (249KB, 1312x738px) Image search: [Google]
DeadThings.jpg
249KB, 1312x738px
If you don't want the skull, send it to me. I collect shit like that because I'm a virgin and alone.

Try to avoid bleach and boiling. Ruins real fine bones. I'm not sure what else to recommend though.

The only tip I have is if there's still parts with flesh on (or in) it, leave it on an ant pile for a couple weeks. Ants will get that thing cleaner and picked clean better then you ever cold.
>>
>>2353515
Literally what Jeffrey dhamer used to do

Fuck off, why does this board attract such weirdos
>>
>>2356393
I don't really think it's less that this board attracts weirdos and more 4chan in general.

I have a hard time imagining someone going 'I like talking about animals.', googling 'animal boards' and picking 4chan /an/ from what pops up. It's easier to imagine someone jacking off to dick girls on /d/ then popping on over to /an/ to see what's going on.
>>
>>2356401
>I don't really think it's less that this board attracts weirdos and more 4chan in general.

Jesus. I really need to focus on one sentence instead of trying to jam two together.

I think it's less that this board attracts weirdos and more 4chan that attracts weirdos.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.