[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing limb pet thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170410_154219.jpg (2MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_154219.jpg
2MB, 2976x3968px
There must be other anon with disadvantaged pets, and I'm keen to hear about them, so let's have a good thread.

>name
>age
>missing limb
>how long has the limb been missing
>weird quirk

>Ladybird
>not sure/3 months
>front right leg/arm up to the foreleg/arm
>not sure/whole life
>enjoys a belly rub

I got her for $100 from the lonely meow society incl spaying and vaccinations.
She makes slow movement look very difficult, and isn't quite sure how to make use of her reduced limb. I caught her trying to shovel litter with the arm stump yesterday.
I've only recently gotten her but she's made me very aware of how differently animals behave when they're missing a limb.
>>
>>2353402
Not sure if this kind of thread is wanted/unwanted but I'll give it a bump or two until I know
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490447400335.jpg (107KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490447400335.jpg
107KB, 960x960px
Bump, I'm curious
>>
>>2353402
bump for cute pets
>>
>>2353402
Post more pics.
>>
my neighbor's cat once climbed up underneath her car in the winter to warm up - she didn't know and started it up, and the cat lost one of its front legs.

It was always very skittish after that (of course, I was also a little kid so i'm sure it didn't want to fuck around with me) but really sweet if you managed to persuade it to come near you. always felt really bad watching it walk around, even as an 8-9 year old it made my heart hurt
>>
>>2353402

no pic but I used to have a cat with a missing limb

>name doesn't really make sense in English but can be translated as "little soul"
>age unknown, but I guess young adult, maybe 3 years old
>unusable crippled back right leg and tail with a right angle in it

gf and I found her like this near the port, she smelled, was dirty and didn't look good at all. we took her home and did what I never thought I would have to do to a cat: give her a bath.
She started to get better soon and her fur got really fluffy and soft. She always limped but she was tough, since she came from the streets. She scared away dogs twice as big as herself.

Badass cat.
>>
>>2354795
sorry my bad, the leg wasn't missing of course. just really fucked up
>>
my little chihuahua has a nerve problem which flares up every now and then in his front leg, if it ever gets too bad they may have to remove it. is it an easy thing to deal with?
>>
>>2354926
Yes. Dogs and cats do well without a limb, sometimes without two of them. Since he is a small dog you don't want him jumping off of anything though, missing a leg or not. Toy breeds easily break their legs form just jumping off a couch.
>>
File: IMG_20160927_213528.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160927_213528.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>Trick
>7
>tail
>about 5 years
>very well trained knowing several tricks

Not so much a limb but it had to be amputated after it got caught in and skinned by a door. Now he was his nub when he's happy or flicks it side to side when he's about to do something he knows he's not supposed to
>>
>>2354989
Except Yorkies, whose favorite thing to do is jump as far and as high as possible off of couches and chairs, like a frog.
I guess their legs are a little sturdy, I've never seen them get hurt unless their nails aren't clipped.
>>
>>2354788
Awww, that makes me sad. I hope she turned out to have a great life.
>>
>>2355891
He looks mad
>>
>>2353402
This is a slightly offtopic post, but I was unsure about making a thread on this. I thought about asking /adv/ but I figured you anons here are more knowledgeable on this.

Around two weeks ago I found a stray kitten with both it's hind legs disabled, in the back area of the house. It's mother still comes and gives it food, and I occasionally see another kitten that I presume to be its sibling. It looks really sickly, can't meow properly, and it was dragging itself on the ground with it's too front legs when I first found it, but isn't as active lately.

I gave it cat food and water, which it would sometimes accepts, and took it to the vet yesterday so they can tell what's wrong, and if it can be treated. Also importantly, I live in a third world country with few vets. The veterinarian I went to told me it was most likely born disabled, and there's nothing they can do except give it antibiotics and dextamethasone, or put it down. I also think that it's developing injuries from dragging itself on it's ass, and the area around it's anus looked to be missing fur, but vet wouldn't check it's underbelly as it was pretty hostile from being in a box (with holes ofc) on the car ride to the vet.

I fear that it's mother will abandon it in the future, as it can't leave the walls of the house, and it honestly looks miserable most of the time I think putting it down would be for the best.

TL;DR Disabled kitten in third world country, what do?
>>
>>2356176
Unless you are willing to try to take care of it (and only if its not suffering too much), putting it down would probably be the right thing to do.
>>
>>2353402
My fish was born without any lungs. It's amazing how nature improvises though.
>>
my grandmother adopted a three-legged cat
when he got mad he would try to scratch you with his stump
>>
>>2355983
She had it put down eventually because she moved
>>
>>2356178
The vet gave me a choice of putting it down yesterday, but I thought against it, as it still had a mother and siblings. But the antibiotics and painkillers he gave me are administered through injections, and I'm worried I might fuck up and hurt a disabled cat even more. I also don't want to adopt it because health services for animals in this country are abysmal, and it would be on me if it got a disease or injured even more, and didn't get the proper treatment it would find in other countries.

At the same time, I feel like I'm being negligent right now for not giving it painkillers and antibiotics, and not doing my best to find it proper care. Do you think I'm responsible for it now, as I fed and gave it water before? Do I have a responsibility to put it down now?
>>
>>2356029
He was having fun attacking the wrapping tissue
>>
>>2356189
I'd say it is a matter of conscious . If I were in your shoes I would feel bad for the animal knowing that it is suffering and since I had made a brief connection with the cat I would want to put it down. As far as the mother and siblings go, runts are born are the time in the wild, and it is natural for a kitten to die naturally. I don't think the mother will really miss the kitten, and I'm sure she already knows something is wrong with it.

I'm not a vet, these are just my opinions on the matter. I thinking putting it down sounds like the humane thing to do.
>>
>>2356208
I agree with you in that if it's suffering it would be best to put it down. But how can I tell that it is suffering? Besides it's back legs being disabled, it still tries to eat and drink, and sometimes move. I don't know if it's hurting or not. But I really don't want to take care of it, as if would be a responsibility too large for me.

Am I it's owner now because I fed it and took it to a vet, and for at least 5 days I'm going to give it injections?
>>
>>2356222
Those are all good questions. Without having information about the cat I can't say whether or not it's suffering, that is a judgement call. I wouldn't say you are the owner now, as I said before, it is just a matter of conscious. You just have to do whatever you think is best in these types of situations. There's no real right choice or winner when it comes to this. All you can do is appeal to your good nature and try to help out the little kitten. Even if that means putting it down to end its suffering.
>>
>>2356272
Thank you for your replies. For now, I don't think I'll give it injections. But I'll give it food and water if it's mother stops feeding it.
>>
>Athena
>5-6 years old (Don't remember birthday very well)
>3 missing toes on back paw
>Missing since I got her
>Sleeps a lot, even by cat standards
>>
>>2356284
Unless you are going to take the cat in, put it down. It can't defend or take care of itself. It is eventually either going to starve to death or become some other animal's meal
>>
>>2353402
I had an awesome cat that had to have his left rear leg amputated because he got a tumor from that fucking 3 year rabies shot. Pro tip: DO NOT GET THE 3 YEAR RABIES VACCINATION! DEMAND THE 1 YEAR OR FIND ANOTHER VET THAT OFFERS IT.

Anyway, he adjusted to it remarkably well. Poor little guy was such a trooper. His tumor eventually came back of course and he had to be euthanized. I still don't know if I'd do the amputation again. It gave him about 8 more months but it was a hard 8 months. Still miss that fluffball and think about him everyday
>>
>>2356356
there's a chance of tumors developing from any injection regardless of the medicine. don't spread this soccer-mom-homeopathy bullshit please.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.