[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

declawing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: lnCggcJbfrY8E.gif (490KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
lnCggcJbfrY8E.gif
490KB, 500x280px
Hey /an/, can we get a discussion about declawing going? A group in my area is pushing to make it outright illegal, and I'm a little on the fence about making it completely illegal.

Also I have a very short poll for anyone interested that's related to the topic. It will be used to supplement an unbiased research paper.

>surveymonkey"dotcom"/r/DB8QJBQ
>>
So much shitty bait lately and it's not even summer
>>
>>2352981
I saw if your skin is supple enough for a little cat to cut through then you are not living to the extreme and you should leave.
>>
File: 1485756338890.jpg (298KB, 1015x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1485756338890.jpg
298KB, 1015x1156px
>>2352983
Pity on you for not saging a thread you think is bait.

I guess I will elaborate;
I don't think declawing is ethical in the slightest, but the bill that an animal rights group is trying to pass would make any and all declawing illegal. There are cases where cats, for medical reasons, would need one or more toes amputated. Also, there is the case for cats with neurological issues. I'm not talking about cats that people just think are mean and crazy, I mean cats that will continuously scratch a place until it bleeds, and vets not finding an underlying cause for the behavior.

On the other hand, these cases are rare and so far with my research I've found that not only do declawed cats get surrendered more, but they are also more likely euthanized at shelters for untreatable issues and are also harder to adopt out.
>>
>>2353048
I think people need to more readily put down cats

declawing is dumb though
>>
>>2353076
We readily kill enough cats, believe me. It was my job for a few years. The problem lies in people readily breeding their cats, whether on purpose or not. And everyone lives kittes. The only problem with kittens is they grow up into cats
>>
>>2352981
Mine are all declawed. I don't care about their suffering, I care about my furniture.
>>
File: received_1161613537222874.jpg (27KB, 494x410px) Image search: [Google]
received_1161613537222874.jpg
27KB, 494x410px
>>2353095
>>2353076
>>2353048

Cat's are not really domesticated. They choose to live along side us because we feed and shelter them. This means that if abandoned a cat will quickly adapt and fend for itself quite nicely. A declawed cat can't do this and will die.

So I say making declawing cats mandatory. Cat's can be cool but birds, lizards, and endemic nature is much cooler.
>>
>>2352981
That surveymonkey link sucks. Try again with srawpoll.
>>
>>2353173
Declawed cats prove to kill just as much as cats with claws. Even feral domestic cats can't live without people; they either use structures as shelter or eat leftover food. That's why when there's a feral cat issue, the first thing that is suggested is to not feed them. Except not feeding them also includes securing garbage and not littering, which most people are not willing to do. And then you have your crazy cat ladies who will feed them regardless
>>
>>2353214
Also that retard who keeps coming here whining about his muh feral cat colony.
>>
>>2353048
>Declaw a cat for kitty OCD
I bet you 99% of the time a cat over grooms itself is because of diet. I had a cat who licked one part of her total so bad half of it just fell off. Thought it was a skin condition so numerous vet bills later, it ended up being her food. This goes for dogs with hot spots too. Should we remove the teeth and claws of a dog for scratching too much?

She also had two toes amputated due to a cut that got infected and weren't healing. We went with the toes instead of her entire leg since it was getting to that point. Amputating due to injury is completely different from declawing.

>>2353173
You are retarded. Cats are fully domesticated. That's like saying a shiba Inu isn't fully domesticated because they don't listen. Declawed cats and cats with bells kill just as many animals. Removing the back claws just means they can't escape as well if they have to climb.
>>
>>2353229
>feed your beast dry corn kibble 99.9% of the day

>durrr I wonder why its manifesting da pathological behaviors!!!!

No other pet community allows people to be this retarded. Just dog and catfags. You should call it what it is by this point: animal abuse.
>>
Declawing is a good exampme of human narcissism. Most people do it so they don't scratch furniture (which there are ways to deter). If you love your furniture that much, why get an animal that naturally scratches things?

It should be 100% illegal. If you buy a cat with intentions to love it, you don't cut off body parts for replaceable furniture. If you don't give a fuck or don't understand why it's so potentially and morally shitty, get a pet better suited for you.

If there are cases that pop up where a cat, so save it's limb or life, needs amuptated toes, that's entirely different, and that would never be illegal under the definition of declawing.
>>
cats should be deheaded, really
>>
>>2353235
>No other pet community feeds their pets shitty food
>What are parrot, rat, rodents in general and rabbit owners

Most people feed their pets whatever cheap grocery store bags they sell. I've known multiple people who have fed smaller parrots nothing but wild bird seed. Rodent feed and bird feed they sell is just corn, seeds and food dye.
>>
File: catcuck.jpg (374KB, 1048x787px) Image search: [Google]
catcuck.jpg
374KB, 1048x787px
>>
>>2353359
Comparing feeding herbivores grain and feeding carnivores grain is apples and oranges of the highest caliber.

>inb4 b-b-but muh dog isn't le carnivore i'm smrter than every evolutionary biologist l m ao XD
>>
File: Dumb Cat.jpg (35KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Cat.jpg
35KB, 460x345px
>>
>>2353174
You just have to replace "dotcom" with .com
>>
>>2352981

"I'm going to adopt a certain animal then mutilate it for my own convenience to the detriment of its quality of life instead of choosing one actually compatible with my lifestyle."

reeee I hate you scum kys
>>
File: 1488408946462.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488408946462.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
outdoor cats need their claws
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.