[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me what kind of lizard this is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0399.jpg (545KB, 1392x1087px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0399.jpg
545KB, 1392x1087px
Can anyone tell me what kind of lizard this is?
>>
File: IMG_0400.jpg (288KB, 1048x1460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.jpg
288KB, 1048x1460px
>>
>>2352214
five lined skink maybe
>>
one is a fivelined skink with the yellow lines
the other one looks like a ground skink
>>
Thanks guys love you

Any tips on keeping them as pets?
>>
>>2352433
you put them back you asshole
>>
>>2352433
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-a-Five-Lined-Skink
>>
>>2352433
make sure it's legal in your state, because it sure as hell isn't in mine. even if it is legal you most likely need a permit to take it out of the wild
>>
the kind that will die from stress induced by being caught after living in the wild
>>
>>2352462
>even if it is legal you most likely need a permit to take it out of the wild
In a lot of states all he'd need is a fishing license afaik. Probably doesn't even need that if he's under 16, and let's face it- he probably is.
>>
>>2352467
And birds won't be accepted by their mothers again if you touch them.

OP, get a ten gallon and look up a basic caresheet. Used to catch these all the time when I was a kid, and we kept them in kiddie pools outside and fed them insects we caught all summer, they were always fine.

If you don't plan on releasing it again though, definitely need to look up a caresheet for inside care. I don't think keeping two in one tank is a good idea, but you could try.
>>
>>2352470
in my state it isn't even legal to own a captive bred reptile or amphibian that occurs naturally in the state much less take them from the wild
>>
>>2352484
weird. So catching bait other than fish and bugs is illegal there?

My state's the opposite. If you have a fishing license and a small game license you can catch a whole shitload of critters.
>>
>>2352488
I think there might be restrictions on fish too. I can't find the webpage right now though
>>
>>2352500
what state anon it sounds pretty horrible desu
>>
>>2352433
Get them a terrarium that's at least 3ft x 1ft. Feed them crickets or mealworms weekly, give them a reptile lamp and a basking rock. Make the substrate of the terrarium soft soil or that coconut stuff thats really soft, they like to burrow. Give them places to hide. Since they are already adults, you probably wont ever be able to handle them easily. If you want a reptile you can handle, go to the pet store.

I caught a five lined skink in my house in a glue trap, taken care of it for over a year now. I'd recommend only keeping one, they may attack each other. I made this mistake, the skink I got ate the green anole I already had.
>>
>>2352617
georgia. how in the world is it horrible that a state doesn't let people just grab up all the animals out there and sell them?
>>
>>2352433
I had a pet five line skink and some other big brown skink when I was a kid. They're not the friendliest pets, never lost their tendency to bite. My fence lizard, on the other hand, was a total bro.
>>
>>2352931
Oh, both skinks and the fence lizard lived over five years with me, and none of them were babies when I caught em.
>>
>>2352477
>And birds won't be accepted by their mothers again if you touch them

thats not true
>>
>>2352937
>can't intu sarcasm
>>
Drown them. They are invasive.
>>
>>2353101
not if he's in the US. you don't even know where he lives dumbass
>>
>>2352433
>keeping healthy wildcaught animals
Just stop. If you want one so badly buy one from a breeder
>>
>>2353650
>releasing invasives back into the wild cuz muh NATURRRRRRRRR

I despise people like you.
>>
>>2353711
THEY ARE NOT INVASIVE
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.