[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Press F to pay respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Mr. Asshole.jpg (20KB, 275x334px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Asshole.jpg
20KB, 275x334px
Welp, he's finally gone.

The asshole male Mockin' bird, that I've been feeding, and that's lived in my back yard for the past few years, finally lost his battle with avian pox today. Found him dead underneath the window sill right below his food bowl. He put up a valiant fight, I suppose, and chased off anyone that dared enter his territory up until the day he died.

He's now laid to rest under a little rock cairn at the base of one of his favorite bushes, so even in death, he can still monitor his back yard. I saw another Mocker' moving in today, and it might be one of his youngins, as he's had quite a few over the years. Guess he'll be getting all those grapes and raisins from now on instead.

RIP little birb.

F
>>
>>2351935
>to kill a mockingbirb
>>
F
>>
F
>>
Homage to that avian
F
>>
F
May the winds of April carry your little soul to the next life, warrior bird of the bushes.
>>
File: Long live the king.jpg (1MB, 2660x1530px) Image search: [Google]
Long live the king.jpg
1MB, 2660x1530px
>>2351935

Not even 24 hours later I hear a mocker' calling in my back yard, look out the kitchen window, and see a new male standing at the food bowl hollering away, marking his new territory, and trying to pick up a babe for the spring mating season.

Wasn't looking forward to having a back yard without a mockingbird overlord, but all is right in the world again.
>>
oh those are mockingbirds? that explains why I hear them make construction equipment noises.
>>
>>2352359
They're adorable, I've heard ones that do car alarms, weird copies of default iOS and Android text notifications and ringtones, and a noise that I think was a dopper-effect "cars driving by" copy. They also have really neat observable territory behaviour and defense and stuff. My old roommate used to whistle conversations with them.

F
>>
>>2351935
F
>>
>>2352359
>explains why I hear them make construction equipment noises

Yup.

Come spring, the males go all out with the vocalizations to attract a babe, and to mark the boundaries of their territory. They even sing throughout the night sometimes. Come fall, they chill out a bit, and hang out in a smaller winter-sized territory.
>>
>>2351935
F
>>
F
>>
F
>>
File: mockingbird attack.webm (3MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
mockingbird attack.webm
3MB, 720x720px
Why are they such fearless assholes?
>>
F :(
>>
>>2352411
This shit confuses me really bad. There should only be crows and cardinals near my house but then one of these things stops by on a quiet day and sets my autistic confusion into gear immediately. Add in paranoia and a need to investigate strange noises and you end up with asshole birds that visit my house just to be loud.
At least they don't make construction noises, but 100db hawk calls 10 feet away from me is their special way of letting me know they exist.
Fucking birds man.
>>
>>2353043
>raptor just ignores him

That's too funny.
>>
I think that's one of the cunts that kept bothering my parrot. They were both really old and cranky, and every encounter ended with my parrot ramming the window. After he died the bird stopped by the window to scream at our tears and then skedaddled. I don't think he realizes we got a new bird. Actually I hope the hawks ate him.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.