[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decent cat collars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4099.jpg (168KB, 1300x1065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4099.jpg
168KB, 1300x1065px
Why are all the collars sold for cats terrible quality? They usually don't even have a place for an ID tag. The fuck's the point of a collar without a goddamn ID tag? If they're not shitty or ugly, they're non-breakaway and unsafe. Where can I get decent collars that look nice and won't lynch my cat if he gets caught on something?
>>
>>2350753
Use a slide-on ID tag?
>>
>>2350757
I've only ever seen slide on tags for larger dog collars, probably because you can't get one on a breakaway collar. Ones that use rivets to attach to the collar work, but you can't fit anywhere near as much information on such a tiny thing.
>>
>>2350753
Tbh it's best if you get a small dog collar. They're gonna be slightly loose even at their tightest so they can break away if they get stuck on anything, yet are tight enough on their fur that it won't slide off them.
>>
If you didn't let your cat outside, you probably wouldn't need a breakaway collar. I've never heard of a cat hanging themselves on a regular collar anyway. Breakaways are shit and cats lose them almost immediately so why bother
>>
>>2350804
Why wouldn't you need a collar for an inside cat? My dog isn't an outside animal either, but he needs a collar.
Visit any cat forum and it's very, very easy to find people who've had cats that were injured by non-breakaway collars. Ask your vet or something. It's absolutely not uncommon. I was a bit skeptical at first too, but it's really not worth killing an animal over the 5-10 minutes it takes to find the collar if your cat slips it off.
>>2350803
I think it'd still be pretty easy for a cat to get tangled up in one even if it's loose just because of how bad some of them tend to freak out when they're caught on things. My cats also have a propensity to slip out of looser collars because they're pricks.
>>
My cat is chipped and has a cap flap that uses RFID from the chip to unlock only for her, so she doesn't need a collar. It's expensive, but it's really worth it since we don't have to worry about her losing her collar or being hurt by it, and if she ends up in a shelter/lost then it has all of our information/address on the chip anyway, so it can be scanned by the vet
>>
>>2351244
That won't stop her from getting mauled by predators or run over. I was looking for advice from cat owners who actually own and care for a cat, not an animal that wanders in and out as it pleases.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.