[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be more time efficient to instruct birds to feed the doggos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1490241408412.gif (987KB, 164x239px) Image search: [Google]
1490241408412.gif
987KB, 164x239px
and then just having to feed the birds here and there?
GIF related
>>
File: result.jpg (290KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
result.jpg
290KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>2350648
Oh god...
>>
>>2350648
That is a hairy pig.
>>
>>2350699
For you
>>
Birds should be fed every day and their usual diet of seeds and/or pellets should be supplemented with fresh fruits and vegetables
>>
>>2350722
ok
>>
Good idea.
>>
>>2350646
He practically puts his whole head in its mouth...
>>
my grandpa had a cockatiel named cupid and a mutt named patches. patches and cupid got along well, cupid was free to move around the house and could be held right in front of patchesesses nose and he would never bother her.
patches died and was replaced by a new puppy who killed and ate cupid :/

one more thing >>2350648
I have two dogs and they are free to eat as much as they want, I keep their bowl full of food all the time and they aren't overweight. they only eat when they are hungry, they have a few bites here and there throughout the day

why are some doggys so fat?
>>
>>2352369
>why are some doggys so fat?

I think it has something to do with WHAT exactly they're fed.
my guess is that the natural eating stop of doggos doesn't work with certain food some dumb ass owners feed them.
maybe they fed them with hotdogs non stop since I think most dogs wouldn't ignore one even when they feel already full.
>>
>>2352381
>the natural eating stop of doggos doesn't work with certain food

Actually, that's the explanation.

You see, some scientist guys did a little experiment: what's worse, a diet high on sugar, or high on fat? So they put two groups of rats to eat diets with high concentrations of sugar or fat. They didn't force feed them, they just let them as much as they wanted, but their pellets had either a lot of sugar, or a lot of lipids.

Surprisingly, none of the two groups increased their weight in a significant way. Yeah, they had their own health problems, but as for this topic, the point is that both groups displayed some restrain when eating their respective diet, with the fat group eating a bit less than the sugar one.

However, when a third group composed of a diet high on sugar and fat was examined, they ate a fucking load and went overweight. Somehow, scientists are not sure, combining sugar and fat on a single food made the rats unable to control themselves and would go on eating all day long. Eventually they suspended the experiment, iirc.

This also applies to humans. The most popular fast food usually includes a combination of sugar and fat, like fried meat with catsup (hamburgers, hot dogs), are baked (milk alone includes sugars and fat, but then we have stuff like syrup or jams + butter or whipped cream) and so on.

TL,DR: Some food can fuck the mammals brain and make them eat non-stop.
>>
>>2352393
Probably because sugar and fat are good fuel combinations so evolution made animals go apeshit when they stumbled across the perfect cocktail of calories. Evolution didn't take into account the invention of readily available hot dogs.
>>
>>2352393
interesting... good to know that I wasn't wrong with my guess
>>
>>2352404
Man i rly want a hot dog now
>>
File: 1390854918865.gif (288KB, 1232x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1390854918865.gif
288KB, 1232x1229px
>>2352404
I'm having a hard time thinking of any foods found in nature that are both high in fat and in sugar.

I give it one shrugging darwin
>>
>>2350648
Who is that?
>>
>>2352532
milk? it's the one and only true superfood
>>
>>2352537
It's me
>>
>>2352537
it's Greg
>>
>>2352567
But adult mammals don't drink milk, besides humans and even then...
>>
>>2352393
Does sugar and fat also made the rats ignore other essential foods like vitamins?
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/nov/29/scurvy-cases-reported-australia-modern-diet-failings
>>
>>2353047
Rats do have understanding of having variances in their food for better health, but lab rats like those had one thing to eat, the complete lab blocks.
They're really good about not eating too much sugar and eating a little bit of everything they have. Also they know what foods might store better, pluck them out for hiding away and go eat fresh food first.
I've seen a lot of unique stuff like this, but a lot of the peckishness and habits translate to they were just bored and wanted to do rat stuff like hide food. There is intelligence and a method though.

Rats do not seek out chemical supplements like we do, to answer that question.. But they absolutely know when they see something that it would be helpful in their diet, like salt, and my male who would lose his mind when you gave him a calcium carbonate tablet and start running up and down stairs.
It seems like a minimalistic number of dietary priorities exist in captivity because you get all their food for them, but they will eat in specific orders and portions, though this randomly changes from day to day.

Rats are known to be able to detect poisonous stuff, so there's questions left about whether or not they can sniff out nutrients. A lot of it seems to be synesthesia related choices, where a food is recognized and retasted on sight, so they can probably eat a piece of lettuce and the next day think "that made me feel good yesterday" and the conclusion is permanently made that it's good food.
>>
>>2353037
I think adult animals not drinking milk is a matter of being pragmatic more so than the milk not being a great food

living in the wild when it comes to food, you are better off being able to forage for yourself, than to rely on someone else to forage not only enough for themselves but then the surplus required to make milk and have them available to feed you

we were smart enough to figure out how to get unlimited quantities of that magic flesh juice by taking it from animals who eat things we cannot. So in essence we aren't wasting our personal food stock, we are using an organism to process inedible material into something we can have

quite ingenious actually
>>
>>2353061
I'm saying even when there is milk from a pregnant female, adult mammals don't try to drink it.
I'll give you another shrugging Darwin.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.