[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my three kittens died tonight, struck by a car. I loved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: téléchargement.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
One of my three kittens died tonight, struck by a car. I loved him dearly. We will bury him tomorrow in the garden. He used to sleep on my bed or spread somwhere in my bedroom I miss his purring.

Pictured; some vaguely similar cat cause damn site won't le me post without.
>>
I just wish someone would speak with me this is so hard
>>
>>2349384
>outdoor cat
shit happens
>>
>>2349400
They stay out during the day and round 20, 21 we make them go in.. Around 21h30, I went out and called and called and only his mother arrived. I came in and thought he would come back through the cat-door, all the others were here and he always came back last, and fifteen minute slater my stepfather come in and say he found him dead, smashed on the other side of the street. it wasn't pretty
>>
File: 1488675426307.jpg (17KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
1488675426307.jpg
17KB, 320x319px
>>2349402
You are on an animal and nature board. People here dislike the idea of outside cats for several reasons, but one that is relevant to your situation is the fact they live drastically shortened life spans because of things like sickness, predation, and human interaction.
There will be a few types of people responding to your posts. Actual animal and nature enthusiasts who really have no pity for you and a cat they already feel was being neglected, Cat enthusiasts who will tell you they are sorry for your loss, and trolls who will say anything, but probably hateful shit.
I personally feel responsible owners don't let their cats roam unsupervised, and put themselves in dangerous positions. However this does not make any difference to you right now, so in that case, sorry for your loss.
>>
Where we live is a rural town. These kittens were born inside of the house from our pussycat, which we had adopted with her now disappeared brother. We simply couldn't keep them shut in forever, yet supervising three kittens at once is also nigh impossible. We made our choice.
We could simply never have taken cats in the first place, but our pussycat and her brother would have ended drowned if we hadn't taken them in. When her brother disappeared, we decided not to sterilize her so she wouldn't be lonely- a loneliness which was terrible on her.
I just wish to explain you how we had come to this, I don't want you all to think we neglected them we loved and love these cat as our own childrens
>>
>>2349423
>don't want you all to think we neglected them we loved and love these cat as our own childrens
I show love and affection for my pets by making sure they are healthy and safe.
>>
>>2349432
We checked them thoroughly every evening, we got them rid of all ticks and fleas, we washed them and if they were wounded they would be kept in and nursed (which nearly never happened). We simply couldn't shut them in you understand? This would have been terrible for them. At first, we would monitor them into the garden, first the porch, then the path, then the garden itself -but they got really depressed, trying constantly to claw a way out when they were in. what could we have done
>>
>>2349384
You expect pitty on someone that let their cat outside? You wouldn't let a dog just roam around. What about a child? Come on. Your stupidity as an animal owner has caused the death of the animal. So, no i feel no pitty for your ignorance.
>>
But I don't expect pity. I don't expect anything being expressd, I just want to epress my sadness, how bad I am feeling. I loved this cat more dearly than most human beings. I came here to get this off my heart, communicate with other cat lovers who could understand me when no one else could, so, essentially, no, I don't want anyone's pity.
>>
We thought we lost our cat a year ago. It was, for a few days, the hardest time and most depressing thing we've felt in a long long time. Im sorry for your loss. Find a shelter cat that needs your love.

But she came back a few days later, acting like nothing happened the little shit.
>>
We can't take any shelter cat, sadly, as neither my parent's wishes to endanger another cat's life (an idea with which I fully agree). It is very hard knowing the insane amount of kittens being murdered in the area.
At least I am happy people around the world can still give their pets love without being separated by a speeding bastard.
>>
>>2349384
If it makes you feel any better the cat never felt any love towards you as with any other feline.
>>
>>2349423
I'm sorry op. Don't even listen to those others who blame you for letting your cats outside. I have 2 cats, one 8 y/o and one 6 y/o and I don't ever let them outside unsupervised, mostly because of other humans being faggots and fuckin kids fuckin up cats.

I do however don't tend to disagree with outdoor cats. I still feel torn sometimes. My cats seem to enjoy the times they can spend outside in my big garden more than they do their time chilling at home. They are hunters after all. They like to snuggle with me and with eachother on the bed and on the couch as well tho. It's a dilemma, still I feel sorry for your loss. Chin up.
>>
>>2349450
Have you considered cremation? Allows you to take him with you if you move and avoids the horror of foxes/raccoons/your cats digging him up.

Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>2349454
I know, I know, but if you had seen how addicted he was to petting and rubbing. Now his eye is jammed out of his skull, right where I usually began the petting when he was there, and I saw it
>>
>>2349457
Digging him up, seriously? Ew. We just can't conserve him long enough for cremation, so maybe will we dig deep. His brothers are going to search him everywhere
>>
>>2349457
>and avoids the horror of foxes/raccoons/your cats digging him up.
Which is a non issue if you just dig a proper hole. No animal will smell or dig up a body if it's well below the frost line.
>>
>>2349384
nice bait. if only a cat actually died
>>
>>2349423
you should've let them drown. it's not about neglecting the cats. nobody gives a shit about the stupid pest cats. it's about ecological damage
>>
>>2349436
they weren't depressed you idiot. they just wanted to get away from your abusing self
>>
>>2349463
>>2349465
Depends on the local wildlife and drainage stuff etc

Buried a badger once only to have it "returned" two days later.
>>
>>2349525
How can you? We buried him this morning, not an hour ago, in the very garden he used to play in. You are the cancer destroying this website
>>
File: 1490988624378s.jpg (2KB, 125x96px) Image search: [Google]
1490988624378s.jpg
2KB, 125x96px
>>2349699
>>
>outdoor cat
why don't fuckers that do this buy some sort of electric fence?
>>
>>2349441
>I loved this cat more dearly than most human beings.
And that's why I neglected him letting him free to the dangers that awaited him in the outside! Thanks to you that poor cat died, now go and kys
>>
File: 1490021589625.jpg (191KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490021589625.jpg
191KB, 653x477px
>>2349781
Who the fuck wants to live with a 6-8' electric fence surrounding their property.
When you figure liability added to the cost it makes much more financial sense to just keep replacing cats.
I hope this thread is bait, with catfags you can never be sure....
>>
>>2349423
>When her brother disappeared, we decided not to sterilize her so she wouldn't be lonely
So many things wrong here.
>>
File: 20170314_122147.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170314_122147.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Sorry for your loss. Keep it inside please even if he really want to go out. it's in his nature but you just can't let it go.

Have a pic of mine that left me to live with his real owner when we separated
hugs on you OP
>>
>>2349808
Go back to /pol/ where you belong fucking autist
>>
>>2349910
>catfags are really so stupid they don't know how to build a good enclosure and think electrocuting the neighbor's dog is the best solution

lol nu-male MUH ELECTRICITY SOLVES EVERYTHING ahhahahahha
>>
>>2349910
>le ebil /pol/ boogeyman
So you just assume anyone who disagrees with you visits /pol/.
I can't imagine going through life with such a fragile self esteem.
The mental gymnastics required to make yourself believe this>>2349808 has anything to do with a /pol/ post is amazing, even for a hyper sensitive autist like yourself.
>>
jesus h fucking christ op what in the ever loving fuck?

t.catfag
>>
>>2349929
Are you an autist too ? This guy just found le electricity meme stupid but ok
>>
>>2350144
>le electricity meme
What in the fuck are you talking about?
And how is it even remotely relevant to my simple post as to why an electric fence is a stupid idea?
>>
>>2350150
he's probably an african who thinks electricity is a myth
>>
indoor cat of 5 years died today
>>
Samefagging detected. Now bring your newfag ass out of /an/

> b-but my electrico-protecto-anticat-fence was great desu

hang yourself
>>
talking for
>>2350150
>>2350152
btw
>>
>>2350150
I agreed with electricity. shitty idea. But you can't just say something like "better buy another cat as soon as the previous one died." just don't let them go outside
>>
File: Screenshot_20170405-173500.png (485KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170405-173500.png
485KB, 1440x2560px
>>2350211
WTF are you on about faggot?
btw, calling someone a newfag when you can't even properly quote a post is pretty ridiculous as well.
>still waiting to see how my post about an electric fence being a stupid idea>>2349808
has anything to do with /pol/
>it was real in le small island fags mind
>>
I'm really very sorry ftor your loss. And also, I'm sorry that the outdoor cat trolls are such insensitive cunts.
>>
>>2350208
>>2350211
you can't even reply and what the fuck do electric fences have to do with being new or /pol/?
>>
>>2349438
>What about a child?
I generally had at least 4 hours of unsupervised outside time a day when school wasn't in session. The normalization of the helicopter parent is fucking bizarre to me.
>>
fuck yo cat nigga
>>
>>2350323
>>2350211
>>2350226

Please help /an/, we're surrounded by retards there
>>
>>2350464
Takes one to know one newfag.
This board has always had idiots and trolls.
>>
When I had to give my babies a new home due to being forced to move for work in a place that doesn't allow pets, I expressly looked for people that I knew without a doubt wouldn't let them outside for your very reason OP.

If you have an outside cat, you can't be surprised to find it dead. I know this from experience as I grew up in cat filled households that believed this was okay and we had a number of babies get mauled by dogs, hit by cars, fights with other cats, and ones that just disappeared. His death is on you, OP.
>>
>>2349423
>>2349402
Fuck off. Nobody gives two shits.

Obviously it's not the case with you and your "childrens", but I don't let my children roam the streets waiting for a car to run them over.
>>2349450
>speeding bastard
>blaming others for a life that is your fault/your responsibility
He could've killed your cat at any speed, dumb ass.
>>2350371
As a child I'm sure you weren't that retarded kid in your neighborhood that played in the middle of the road. I'm sure you were able to call upon the many memories of your mom making you look twice before crossing and shit like that. We're talking about a fucking cat here.

1/10 for making me respond to up shit bait thread op. If this is real I hope all your cats suffer the same fate. No, scratch that, just kys.
>>
>>2349384
So what are you planning to do to change the situation, OP?
not-OPs don't need to reply
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.