[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ ausfag here, is there any pet similar to a guinea pig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: creamboar.jpg (355KB, 3071x2047px) Image search: [Google]
creamboar.jpg
355KB, 3071x2047px
Hey /an/ ausfag here, is there any pet similar to a guinea pig with a decent lifespan? (over 5 years?) We just have no room for guinea pigs and want some companionship, in the state we live in (Queensland) Rabbits, Ferrets, and Chinchillas are banned.

We had a dog for 13 years who passed a few months ago, still missing her and just want some warm and friendlies around but not another doge.

TL;DR Any pets similar to Guinea Pig that need less room and have a 5+ year life span?
>>
File: 123526532532.png (401KB, 444x607px) Image search: [Google]
123526532532.png
401KB, 444x607px
>>2348021
With those lifespan requirements degus are probably your only choice. They live about 5-6 years on average. While they have less need for ground space like guinea pigs, they do need several floors. A 100 x 80 x 180cm cage would be a good starting point for 2-3.
>>
File: 1488405339620.jpg (120KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488405339620.jpg
120KB, 800x600px
>>2348038
Looks like they are banned here too

Fuck this country
>>
Get a cat.
>>
>>2348219
Our house and area is pretty shitty for a cat don't they constantly leave and explore? Wish Guinea pigs didn't require so much room
>>
rats need similar space as degus, and are really fun pets, but they don't live as long, only about 2-3 years.
>>
File: Beautiful-Chinchilla.jpg (58KB, 768x435px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful-Chinchilla.jpg
58KB, 768x435px
Chinchilla lives around 10 years.
>>
>>2349072
>Rabbits, Ferrets, and Chinchillas are banned.
sorry, forget this.
>>
>>2348258
Guinea pigs don't require room. You can donate a room to them if you wish but they thrive in a large enough dog kennel. They also do well with a hutch or a run outside and you'd be able to keep them outside 24/7 in Aussie land.

I don't know much else you're gonna be able to obtain with a decent lifespan and australia-legal. Rodents don't live long.
>>
>>2348021
Degu are basically smaller Guinea Pigs but live longer
>>
>>2350441
see >>2348214

Are rattos banned?
>>
>>2349076
Rabbits and ferrets aren't banned.
You might need a license for them in some areas maybe since I think rabbits are considered pests. Chinchillas are banned though unfortunately.
>>
>>2349076
>>2350448
Oh, nice, I made the same mistake as you and didn't read the OP properly. Queensland sucks.
>>
>44 thousand dollar fine for having a rabbit

wew
>>
>>2350443
Rats aren't banned, it seems like the best option right now but they only live 3 years? Just lost doge dont want to go through it again so soon

>>2349088
We'd want to keep them indoors, how big would the cage/pen have to be measurement wise for 2? Do you need to clean it out every day?
>>
Omg OP, ferrets and rabbits are legal in most of Australia. It really varies on your location. Call the nearest exotic vet and ask them if they take ferret or rabbit patients. Ask them if they're legal. Do this today and report back to thread. Btw ferrets>bunnies.
>>
>>2350477
Also any animal but mice and hamsters>guinea pigs.
>>
Fuck my gay russian ass, queensland sucks. Literally everywhere but your dumb state and the northern territory allows ferrets. Move and get your life together. At least in the U.S. most vets will see illegal pets if they're as harmless as ferrets and bunnies. No one should take away your ferret rights.
>>
Sugar gliders live 10-15 years and can be very sweet if well taken care of
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.