[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Breeders charge thousands for a dog >Make you sign contracts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1401910045506.jpg (65KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1401910045506.jpg
65KB, 848x480px
>Breeders charge thousands for a dog
>Make you sign contracts, do home visits and treat you like criminals for daring to want their dog
>People instead buy dogs from puppy mills because they're cheap and no questions asked
>Breeders cry "BAWWW DON'T BUY FROM BACKYARD BREEDERS"

Fuck professional dog breeders. They're running a racket and pricing everyday people out of the market. No wonder backyard breeders are such a problem when actual breeders act like greedy dicks. I can buy a purebred kitten for 50, so why am I being charged 2000 for a puppy?
>>
such obvious bait
>>
>buying a breeders puppy

Get a mutt at the pound for 100$, itll have a fraction of the health issues and love you more than that 2000$ purebred ever will for getting them out of that shithole.
>>
>>2347637
>all mutts are healthy and in no way can inherit genetic health issues from the breeds its crossed with
>no one ever adopts a dog and posts here about how it's constantly sick since the adoption and their shitty shelter vet keeps saying its fine
>>
>>2347637
I think rescuing is great, but god can rescue fags be annoying. Dogs aren't capable of that kind of perspective. Rescued dogs don't love anymore that dogs from breeders you faggot.
>>
Same with cat breeders.

>"This is a purebred lilac point Siamese. She is one of a kind, PURE. BRED. No questions asked she is yours for 1000"
>Go to a fucking shelter and adopt one for 100 bucks.
>mfw it's purebred as well.
>>
>>2347644
>Inbred, closed gene pools are not more susceptible to the accumulation of deleterious traits over time and successive generations
>Pounds can never transmit diseases that aren't genetic
>>
File: 1485921031316.jpg (22KB, 368x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485921031316.jpg
22KB, 368x600px
>>2347620
>giving money to perpetuate animal dysgenics of any kind
>giving money to someone who actually contributes to the dog population
what are you on I want summa that shit
>>
File: 1487305746009.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1487305746009.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>2347672
>getting a purebred dog with DNA testing
>hurr durr it will have genetic diseases
>get a byb mutt instead
Well done
>>
>>2347620

?

I have 2 dogs from breeders. She asked us a lot of questions about the dog's future, like if it would be alone for too much, and if we had socialization training planned, and what the vet would be, but that's it. There wasn't any forms to fill out (other than the AKC registration that we did on our own). No home visits.

Your breeders are fucking nazis. I would have walked away around the time they demanded home visits.
>>
>>2347646
>rescue fags be annoying

Just more virtue signaling.
>>
>>2347668

>What is AKC registration?
>>
>>2347675
>DNA testing is reliable
>My inbred puppy can't ever have any nasties lurking in his genome!
>get an overpriced byb with fancy papers to assuage your conscience instead

You'd have better success if you started to shout about poorfag flyovers.
>>
>>2347620
My room mate recently got a boxer puppy from a breeder expecting me to be responsible for it when he's at work. He has so far trained it to piss and shit in our kitchen without pads and to sit if he has turkey in his hand and says "sit" ten or so times.
How do I get this dog to shit outside and stop eating my furniture/biting me as fast as possible? I am chained to the apartment for about a year, so moving isn't an option, and I'm not keen on poisoning it just because he's a shitbag. I just need a simple plan that can get it to act civilized in about a month or something close.
>>
>>2347743
Put it on a leashe and take it outside every hour or so and he'll learn that's where he should shit and piss
As for training you and your roommate need to ignore him completely when he begs and put him in another room if he's a jumper when it comes to food.
That's the only way he'll learn that his behavior is wrong.
>>
>>2347763
Thanks for the reply.
I take him outside (not hourly, so will do that) when I'm watching him, but he usually just holds it when we go out and immediately runs to shit up the kitchen when we get back in. What can I do to change that?
He's not a beggar around food; it's the only time I see him act well-behaved. As far as chewing the furniture, what can I do there? Will that get fixed in time if I ignore him when he tries to bite me?
>>
>>2347620
breeding is a dumbass meme. just adopt
>>
>>2347620
Honestly I'd rather a Caucasian Shepherd breeder be this strict rather than let any scumbag have their dog. I wish 'wolfdog' breeders were more like this.

>>2347644
>Implying a puppy mill pure bred puppy is healthier

I'd take a mutt over a puppy mill pup any day of the week.

>>2347668
Vast majority of cat breeders are breeding moggies that they call Bombay, Egyptian Mau, Siamese, ragdoll, Maine coon, etc. At least with BYB dogs, they usually have some of the breed that they are claiming.
>>
It's almost like purebred dogs, and the invention of breed standards and what is a "purebred" dog, was created by the rich for the rich or something. Weird.
>>
>>2347782
Make sure your roommate ponies up for an enzymatic cleaner to clean the puppy's shit and piss from the floor. There are also sprays that trigger their "piss here!" sensors, but I've never used them and can't attest to their efficacy.

Also tell your roommate if he doesn't start actually training and interacting with his dog you're going to give it back to the breeder.
>>
I've never gotten a pet from a breeder, why do they charge to adopt a cat/dog?
>>
>>2347782
Ah, I've had to retrain puppies who think they're supposed to shit in the house before. Since the behavior is predictable, here's how to fix it: Go for walks anticipating a post-walk indoor shit attempt. Have a towel ready, draped over your shoulder or something. Be right there waiting for the puppy to shit, then right before it does, or as it is doing it, pick him up and try to catch/deflect the piss and shit while you carry it outside to the correct shit spot. Drop the shit on the grass so it sees it, then give it some praise. If you have a clicker, use that when it starts to go on the grass, eventually replacing clicks with praise. I like to say "outside" during the carrying part to associate it with the act of going outside to shit. I don't like scolding for this behavior because they can think shitting is bad entirely. You could end up making a sneaky shitter. I have trained all the dogs in my life to vomit outside using this method too. When they start to urp, cue the outside thing. They learn to get your attention and run to the front door to be let out to puke. Be very consistent for a few weeks and it'll work out fine. Be inconsistent and you're gonna have shit on the floor for months to come. The hardest part of dog training is retard owners. Puppies just take a lot of work for several months.
>>
>haven't spoken to my mum since my teens because she was an imbecile that developed alcohol problems
>once we managed to convince her to get a dog
>none of my family know jack shit about animals but are plebs so they think there's nothing to actually know
>me, kid at the time, thinks the same
>mum has heart set on "andrex puppy"
>heard from her friend or tv or something that pedigree is best
>£500 on pedigree labrador that we can't afford
>fast forward 6 years
>animal is cripplingly epileptic
>terrible fits everyday
>mum won't buy medication- "he just needs his mummy"
>most of these fits happen when his stupidly long claws slide across the laminate flooring
>"yea but he won't sit for his nails being cut"
>then take him to a goddamn groomer
>"no, we don't want them to see how bad he's getting"
>also the most anxious dog I've ever seen, constantly shaking and on edge because family are always fighting/he's scared of having another fit.

Not seen him since I was 16, 22 now. Hope he is okay.
But fuck the kennel club. Disabled dogs for a premium.
>>
> "professional" breeders
Or how to throw away 2k+ for a fucking animal you could've rescued for free in a shelter. just sayin
>>
>>2347832
>>2347870
Thanks again, my dudes. This has been more help than the dog "experts" I've asked outside here.
Room mate has enzymatic cleaners for carpet and tile. Have been using those.
He's been farly receptive to what I've told him about training, but will have to see if he sticks with it or is just trying to placate me. In a worst case, how old could the dog be before the breeder will no longer accept it back?
>>
File: 1490933295604.jpg (62KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1490933295604.jpg
62KB, 500x374px
>>2347620
>what is rare or designer breed
>paying thousands when you could adopt
>implying puppy mills aren't shit and abuse puppies
>implying puppy mills aren't likely to give you shit quality dogs
>hurr hurr pricing everyday people out of market, hurr hurr what is free market, hurr hurr they all are a massive monopoly, hurr hurr adoption doesn't exist
>>
>>2348046
Depends on the breeder. BYBs never accept them back, but good, reputable breeder will often take them back at any age as returning them if you can no longer keep them is in their contract so they can be sure their dogs are always in good care.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.