[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want a dog or cat >allergic to both Is there any way around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1460844219387.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1460844219387.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>want a dog or cat
>allergic to both
Is there any way around this?

Are hypoallergenic pets just a meme? I can't get a straight answer on this.
>>
File: 1337911898924.jpg (51KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1337911898924.jpg
51KB, 500x514px
>>2346889

... Chinchillas?

Its a stretch, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.
>>
This is basically the best thing u can do
>>
same here op, for fucks sake i just want a nice dog for companion but i fucking cant because i will go all wheezey wilson around them. fucking allergies, fucking curse that is.
>>
Try finding a dog/cat with little to no hair due to a genetic defect.
>>
Immunosuppress yourself with drugs?
>>
File: Angora rabbit.jpg (98KB, 1316x996px) Image search: [Google]
Angora rabbit.jpg
98KB, 1316x996px
>>2347040

Is it the hair? I thought the allergies came from dander.
>>
File: redtegufence.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
redtegufence.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
Get a Tegu
>>
>>2346889
>asks about hypoallergenic pets on here because can't get a straight answer
>still doesn't

poor op
>>
>>2346889
Hypoallergenic does NOT mean it won't cause allergies, just that it will have a chance to not cause as bad of allergies. Hypoallergenic cats are a meme imo as there hasn't been any conclusive research that shows one breed produces less allergy causing protein than others. Cats produce Fel d 1 in their saliva, so not even hairless cats will do because they still lick themselves. Fel d 1 production is random and we have yet to find a genetic link. A mother and father with low fel d 1 may have some kittens that produce less, more or average fel d 1. So luckily you won't have to buy an expensive breed to get a cat that doesn't cause as bad of allergies. However, you will have to figure out what cats set you off.

For dogs, when you mix a breed at all, even if it wasn't a recent mix, you are now not guaranteed a hypoallergenic animal. That's why the poodle mixes are such a dumb fucking scam; mixing a dog that has less potential to cause allergies with a dog that has a higher potential to cause allergies just creates dogs with a higher potential to cause allergies. Dogs also produce an allergy causing protein that is secreted through the skin and saliva, and there is no know genetic link or mutation yet to stop this production. People tend to stick to non shedding dogs if they have allergies. Non shedding dogs still produce allergies, but it's easier to manage when their saliva infested hair isn't covering the home.

TL;DR- All cats & dogs produce allergy causing proteins, but at different rates which are not dependent on breed. There is no breed known for producing on average less of said protein, not even hairless or non shedding breeds. However everyone reacts to it differently, and you can find an animal that may not set your allergies off badly, but it will be based on the individual and not a breed.
>>
>>2346889
I have severe allergies and I've kept reptiles since I was in elementary school. It sucks not being able to own anything furry, but I'm a borderline poorfag who doesn't have the space for a dog or cat to begin with. If you have really bad allergies, but only to dogs and cats, you should probably look into keeping some other sort of pet instead of just being upset that you can't have a dog or a cat.
>>
Hey OP.

Best thing to do is get a house with a decent-sized backyard and keep a dog in it. You want have to deal with the allergies of keeping a dog in your house that way. Make sure your dog has some cover outside though, a good doghouse or a shed or something.

This is what I do. I have only a very minor allergy to dogs.

(Also, I personally think dogs should be outside. I think it's better for them.)
>>
>>2347805
do not do this shit, it's retarded. look into hypoallergenic dogs or cats, ask your vet or doctor or something what the best option is for you, but there's no such thing as an "outside only" dog. the big space and shed is better than some retards treat their dogs, but your dog should be inside with you and apart of your family and life. doesn't matter how much time you spend outside with your dog, it's wrong.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.