[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giraffe chase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: planetearth2.png (84KB, 432x243px) Image search: [Google]
planetearth2.png
84KB, 432x243px
This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blm-c47LUpE

A proper video is surprisingly hard to find, but there it is.

I thought Giraffes were frail. Spindly, awkward, dainty. I thought they'd be easy prey for a pride of lions, just swipe a leg and the whole thing comes down.

It blew my mind. While I was watching, I fully expected the Giraffe to die. I braced myself for it. Sir David narrates that the Giraffe can outrun the pride, which was kinda surprising, but being led into a trap? No chance.

The chase draws to an intense close, and we're shown the lead lioness - one of the most successful predators in Africa - lining up the kill. The focus on its face is steely as it meticulously positions itself, leaps up, grabs the giraffe by the neck...

And the giraffe just plows right through the lioness like it's a toy. The damn thing doesn't even slow down, and stomps the lioness for good measure. Everything I thought I knew about giraffes was a lie, and this shocked the hell out of me when I first saw it. This has to be the best segment of the entire Planet Earth 2 series. I've watched the entire series so far, and nothing tops this.
>>
>>2346406
so much for apex predator. dumb outdoor cats
>>
>>2346406
Giraffes can kill a lion with a single kick and most of the time lions are afraid of them

They're such sweet animals too, giraffes. Weirdos as well. Really an all-around stellar animal.
>>
>>2346406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aljb_M0uY7s

What the fuck?
This appears to be the same footage as the OP video, but in this one the giraffe definitely dies while the OP giraffe definitely lives

It's all a fucking lie, everything you see
>>
>>2346406
lions are fucking faggots
>>
>>2346406
needs more lens flare
>>
>>2346471
that's because all africans look the same.
>>
>>2346471

Yeah, I saw that video. Wonder what happened?

Is it stock footage? Did the Planet Earth team record it?

I wonder if the Giraffe/Lion collision in the OP video is the same event as the chase, or if it was just used to highlight the shot they did get.
>>
>>2346529
well that vid only shows the giraffe go off screen and then shows a dead giraffe. try using your brain
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.