[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

neighbors trapping my cats inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1472222985232.png (929KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1472222985232.png
929KB, 1200x630px
Hey /an/ I need some advice.
I've been taking care of a family of cats for a couple years. There's an adult male, adult female and teenage kitten. They live outside because my parents don't like them but I've gotten them all fixed and vaccinated out of my own pocket.

I think my neighbors who live through the woods behind our property are taking the cats inside. They've been disappearing for days at a time, and recently I heard an old woman yelling at a child for letting the cat out, and then calling for the cat, who ran through the trees and looked shaken.

When they have the mother cat inside the kitten gets very stressed out. I really don't like this at all, but I don't know what I can do. I want to move out and take the cats with me to live indoors somewhere, but I don't have a job right now.
>>
If you got a receipt for getting them fixed you can prove they are yours. Disregarding how much youre gonna get memed on for outside cat you could always explain to the people they are yours and if they wanna start some shit get the police involved
>>
File: 1471647053521.jpg (26KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
1471647053521.jpg
26KB, 500x301px
>>2346264

I empathize with your position, but I am not sure you have a claim here.

I understand what the other anon said about receipts. But that is the abstract of law, not reality. In reality, you never took full ownership of the animals. It would seem more that you were caring for cats that remained feral and roaming.

That said, I dont know how they would adapt to becoming kept house cats at this point. I think its nice you have some cats to care for. But you may want to keep the situation as is and accept whatever direction it goes as being out of your hands. I also empathize with your space situation; this is one of the tense outcomes possible when people attach to roaming animals in small living spaces with close neighbors. The lines get a little blurry.

I am trying to decide about a similar situation. I wouldnt mind caring for a stray. But I have a neighbor who gushes food on numerous strays that are problematic. I assume the neighbor is incompetent, because he keeps feeding them as they reproduce. Its going from bad to worse. I will have noise to contend with and diminished natural wildlife.

I dont know my options. I dont what the protocol is for this. Am I to trap them and take them to a shelter? Is there some animal control option? Is it going to cost me?

Its frustrating. Its a little lake-side forest village, so the homes are small and most people dont actually want a cat in such small space. But they will feed them, and the population grows. I asked neighbors if there was some neuter and release program and no knew what I was talking about.

I guess I dont mind trapping them. But I cant afford to process a dozen or more cats at a shelter that will no doubt expect 'donations'. One is one thing, but there are a dozen minimum.
>>
>>2346264
keeping cats outside is the mark of a shitty owner your best bet is to give them away to someone who can care for them properly where they can have an owner who isn't a shitty selfish asshole
>>
>>2346264
I would say talk to the neighbors and let them know they're your cats, but they would be better off with actual shelter and not allowed to roam around killing things and spreading disease. Also, there's the matter of them not being your cats.
>>
>>2346322

This, just talk to them, they might think the cats are strays

You could also put a collar on them as a way to claim ownership
>>
>>2346345
they ARE strays

Fuck off and let them take the cats, OP. They're already better owners than you are just by letting them inside.
>>
>>2346264
they are strays, not yours. if you have enough money to get a family of cats fixed and vaccinated, why the fuck haven't you moved out of your parent's house?
>>
>>2346266
let's get this shit started /an/
>outside cat

100% your own fault OP consider sudoku
>>
File: 128236582651.gif (831KB, 183x169px) Image search: [Google]
128236582651.gif
831KB, 183x169px
>outdoor cat problem thread

HOW THRILLING~
>>
File: Outdoor-Cat.jpg (15KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
Outdoor-Cat.jpg
15KB, 408x286px
HOL UP
*carries fleas*
Y’ALL BE SAYIN’
*shits in neighbour's rose garden*
SO Y’ALL BE SAYIN’
*keeps people awake at night*
WE FINNA
*kills multiple birds*
WE GONNA
*produces feral kittens*
BE ON THAT
*sprays urine everywhere to mark territory*
OUTSIDE CAT
*carries toxoplasmosis*
FLEX?
>>
>>2346863

anyways... new topic: whats this I heard about the US Bureau of Land Management doing some huge cull of wild horses?

I haven't heard anyone mention it in a while. Probably from all those Canadian ranches and CAFO's catching fire and turning into flaming death camps last year and taking over the news.

Also:

> neighbour

It's spelled 'neighbor'. This site was built in the USA where we speak The Donald's English, champ. Get with the program.

Although, props for spelling 'finna' right.
>>
>>2346264
Be grateful, catfaggot. Had you me for a neighbor then kitties don't disappear into my home only to reappear a few days later. They stay gone.

Honestly, you whining makes me wish I could cull the little pests myself.
>>
>>2346907
>cull of wild horses
fucking finally
>>
File: deer_in_the_snow_wallpaper-29111.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
deer_in_the_snow_wallpaper-29111.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>>2346938

I dont know what to think. There is probably a good argument for it. But its government run with possible government reasoning. It depends on whose idea it is.

When its conservation people making the decision, I feel better. They point out that people like bears, for example, until they are in your backyard.

Then you have other stories about people of a small town befriending a deer that wasnt hurting anyone and everyone loved it- except one person. That person felt compelled to call cops who shot it front of everyone, a perfectly friendly deer, even in front of kids who came to love it.

Then you have potentially hazardous animals. Here it is the 'mountain lion' (or whatever the hell they are calling them now). A dangerous animal, but now we have none anymore. Literally- its like a unicorn sighting if anyone claims to see one anymore. We want safe natural spaces, but it would be nice to not go full-Africa and have them hunted to regional extinction.

I hear there are still a few jaguars around southern Arizona.

As for horses, idk. Its like deer. We get so many that the hunters cant keep up. They raid corn fields in part of the state. If we dont hunt them here, they push into town and end up causing one wreck after another. I turned a corner walking home one night and damn near got trampled by one that panicked
>>
>>2346961
horses are an invasive species tard, not any of the ones you mentioned
>>
File: bunny.jpg (42KB, 359x441px) Image search: [Google]
bunny.jpg
42KB, 359x441px
>>2347041

The invasion is over. Things change. I would suppose you think climate should be static out of some mystic neo-Gaian fealty also, and while trying to divine the wishes of a wet rock in space, are certain you are too smart for traditional theisms.

>fucking finally
>tard

I should've know from the two-word angsty language that an actual discussion was not going to happen.

I took a chance addressing you as an adult anyways. That's over. You may resume baw-posting edgy bumps for attention. I promise not to interrupt you with the cordial assumption of maturity again. Back to the sand box with you.
>>
>>2346922
You know you're not on /b/ anymore right? Your edgy faggotry isn't cool and you should kill yourself
>>
>>2346938
I hunt most things but I've got a soft spot for horses. It's like shooting babies for me. They need thinning out though so long as they aim well.
>>
>>2347045
>>2347305
man you're retarded. you should kill yourself
>>
>>2347045

Horses are not native to the US and their population is getting out of control. Thankfully they're not as destructive as the wild pigs in the south are, nor do they reproduce as fast. But they're still a problem.

The best implementation would to be to put a large bounty on them to incentivise hunting. It worked for coyotes in eastern Washington. The reason I feel this is best as hunters generally have no incentive to go after horses. Not many in the US eat them, they lack any sort of trophy status, and they're not seen as a threat to the non farming population.

Horses do cause ecological damage as they have almost no predators in the U.S. , and consume resources that native species need. While climate is not static, introducing a species from an entirely different continent causes problems, such as the non native racoons in Japan out competing the native species for resources and dropping their population numbers. Honestly it seems like you don't really care about this one ecological grounds, but only the grounds
1) you don't trust the government, which is fine, trusting the government is a brainwashed European thing.
2) you really like horses. While you have not out right stated it, you seem to be defending them pretty hard.
>>
>>2346273
Maybe try talking directly to a local vet or shelter about it in advance.
If you explain you're trying to help the animals and prevent a feral cat problem that could end up with them having to be culled or something they might be willing to work out a deal.
Or you could try taking up a collection. If they're willing to buy food for random strays they might be willing to chip in five bucks for fixing, as long as you look like a responsible sort. A neighborhood worth of fives would be a good start at least.
>>
>>2347305
See
>>2347315
>>
>>2346581
>why the fuck haven't you moved out of your parent's house?
>finally save up a few hundred bux to get a few cats vetted
>no job
>compares vetting a few strays to paying monthly rent
anon you dumb
>>
Write a stolen property report and get the old bitch on trouble.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.