[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question about doge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1649-520x390[1].jpg (52KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1649-520x390[1].jpg
52KB, 520x390px
so, me and my bf finally are moving out
we are going to rent a flat and we are thinking about buying a dog as well
we really like the doge (lol, I know it's not the real name)
online they say that it's not very appropriate for flats but I actually know a girl who owns one and she says it rarely barks
so I don't see how it could annoy the neighbors
of course we would take it two times a days outside for.. you know what, lol
do any of you own a Shiba? is it quiet as my friend says? it's important that it doesn't bark and damage furniture or we'll be in troubles lol
>>
>>2345751
>me and my bf
>buying a dog

Don't, unless you two can see yourselves living together for a long time. You know what I mean.

>shiba

Why are you getting a meme breed? Get a puppy mutt, they're healthier usually, cheaper and can love you all the same. Those pedigree dogs get bought for sure but most of the stray puppies get put down without a chance to even enjoy life.
If you can train a stray, it'll turn our just like any other dog
>>
>>2345753
>Those pedigree dogs get bought for sure but most of the stray puppies get put down without a chance to even enjoy life.
wow are we getting raided by pro-"life" bigots from /pol/ ?
>>
File: 1415840036046.jpg (34KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
1415840036046.jpg
34KB, 308x450px
can you go shitpost on /b/ please?
>>
>>2345761
>assmad
>>
>>2345751
Do some research or watch some informative YouTube videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLWcMrDTny8
>>
File: golden-retriever2.jpg (257KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
golden-retriever2.jpg
257KB, 1024x681px
>>2345751
If you want to buy a dog and this is your first time at least get something that's more obedient.

I recommend a Golden Retriever.
>>
>>2345751
Shiba Inus are notoriously stubborn, hard to train, and strong-willed. Sure, they don't bark much--but they SCREAM. Search for "Shiba scream" in YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Personally, I think you should look into other breeds, especially if you're novice or first-time dog owners. Shibes can really try your patience and they're smart--smart dogs left to their own devices, uncrated and without stimulation, will destroy shit. They also have the potential to be pretty dog aggressive at the worst, and pretty damn aloof at best.

And also I wouldn't get a dog with someone unless I was married to them or at least seriously committed because it gets ugly when you break up and have to decide who gets to keep the dog.
>>
>>2345751
>you know what, lol
>we really like the doge
>online they say that it's not very appropriate for flats but -
but you want to get one anyway!
>we'll be in troubles lol

Please don't get a dog, any dog.
I know this won't stop you though, so at the very least DO NOT GET A SHIBA. They are *not* for inexperienced dog owners. They are a guarding breed, buying a shiba is like buying a rottie or a doberman without knowing what you're doing.
Get an easy to train breed for your first dog that is a non-aggressive breed.
>>
>my friend has one and it rarely barks
One example of the breed being like this doesn't mean every dog of that breed will be like that. If your research tells you that this breed is a noisy one, I would trust that over an anecdotal example of a quiet one.

>take it outside two times a day
This isn't enough... Even if we're just talking about bathroom breaks and not exercise, the dog should have the opportunity to relieve itself outside at least about every 8 hours or so...which is 3 times/day bare minimum.

>shiba inu
Please be sure that this is really the kind of dog you want... They are very independent and can be "stubborn," not the easiest breed to train for inexperienced dog owners. It's also often said these dogs are kinda like cats, temperament-wise. So keep that in mind.

Overall, it doesn't seem like you're really prepared for any dog, it seems like you're not really aware of how to raise or care for one. I would recommend doing some more research first, and then reconsidering what type of dog you want. Maybe visit some local shelters and play with various dogs, see which types of dogs mesh with you the best. You want to get a dog that will fit your needs/lifestyle, not one that you just think looks cool or cute.
>>
>>2345755
>upset because he reminded you that youll soon be breaking apart from your "forever bf" by hopping on the tinder dick and then giving the dog to a shelter when you cant take care of him anymore because youre too lazy, sitting on the couch getting fattet eating ice cream
>>
>>2346422
they're obedient, but pretty high energy. might be challenging for a first time owner
>>
Google good first-time dogs
>>
adopt a dog instead of buying one
>>
File: 1490819699162.png (27KB, 352x482px) Image search: [Google]
1490819699162.png
27KB, 352x482px
>>2345751
Shiba Inu were specifically bred to run out on the battle field and rip the throats out of a enemies who were injured. Take that as you will but that makes them aggressive sometimes. A friend of mine had one and we couldn't even go near it. They kept it tied up to a tree outside.

Get a mutt. Greater generic diversity means smarter, healthier and generally better dog.

Also, you kinda talk like an idiot, so maybe you shouldn't be responsible for other animals.
>>
wow, it seems there are a lot of frustrated and boring people in this community
>>
>>2345751
This literal exact same bait thread is made every couple of months. It's always the exact same situation with the exact same wording. And you retards fall for it every single time. Because you're retarded. You suffer from mental retardation. That's what being retarded is. You are it.
>>
>>2345753
>get a puppy
wrong
>>
File: DSC_0104.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0104.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I didn't want to start a whole new thread to ask one question but this thread is dog related so I'll ask here
Does anyone know what pic related is? It started growing beneath my dog's butthole and seems to have reached its maximum size. Poking and squeezing it does not cause him any discomfort or pain.
Breed: Staffordshire Bull Terrier
>>
>>2348082
>>>/vet/
>>
>>2348086
>£100+ for a diagnosis on a benign lump
No thanks
>>
>>2345751
>inexperienced owners getting a shibe
You're going to fucking regret it. They're stubborn, head strong and one of the hardest breeds to train even if you train from puppyhood.
Good luck fag.
>>
>>2348089
>benign
>>
>>2348089
>benign

Nigga your dog could be seriously ill. It's your duty as an owner to make sure he has proper health care. Stop Web petMDing this shit and go to a vet you mongoloid.
>>
>>2348089
TAKE IT TO A VET
>>
>>2345761
Are you retarded ?
>>
>>2348089
mongoloid
>>
Additional doge question

My pup was attacked by another dog at the dog park.

The owner grabbed the dog before I could get my hands on it.

Is it ethically A-Okay to curb stomp that dogs head when you see it again?
>>
>>2349335
Nope, but feel free to curb stomp the owner
>>
>>2345751
If it's you're first time raising and training and dog, don't get a shiba. They are notoriously stubborn and aggressive if not trained properly

The whole "shibas don't bark" thing is a meme. It entirely depends on the individual dog's personality. Some are very quiet while others will bark at nearly everything

They're also quite energetic, so keeping them in a small apartment probably isn't the best idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5WgCwNcz08
>>
>>2348089
What's gonna hurt more? Not having the money or not having your friend?
>>
>>2348089
>trusting pet hobbyists on an anonymous board
>>
>>2345761

>question about dog breeds

>/an/-Animals and Nature

YOU go shitpost on /b/
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.