[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You could make this up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

If someone told me this I would tell them it's an urban myth

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dog-owner-fatally-mauled-by-staffordshire-bull-terrier-while-he-was-being-interviewed-for-bbc-documentary-074925727.html

It's like it's fucking scripted
>>
>he was not asking for it
>>
What was the documentary even about? What could go so wrong that somebody's dog attacks them seemingly out of the blue? There is such little context here.
>>
>>2345729
>those comments
And I thought this place was bad.
>>
>>2345778
I don't think it happened completely out of the blue, some other article about the incident claims that the dog had attacked its owner before in the past. Also, the owner was apparently a drug user, and his neighbors had some unpleasant stories to tell about him.
>>
File: 1488758830554.jpg (442KB, 638x3464px) Image search: [Google]
1488758830554.jpg
442KB, 638x3464px
OP here

Only posted that article because I saved this recently

I wasn't really aware it was a thing. If I'm honest I thought it was fearmongering.
>>
>>2345729
But Staffordshire Bull Terriers are the nice ones, at least that's what the Brits believe
>>
>>2345799
Checked
Yeah yeah I just always thought this was about shitty owners. I thought these dogs were attacking other dog owners in the street or whatever.
This whole "No they're murdering their own masters" thing is horrifying
>>
>>2345795
>boyfriend of 10 years
Jesus Christ should've popped the question
>>
i bet the film crew was agitating the dog
>>
>>2345844
Yes, they dared him to kill his owner. He actually did it, the absolute mad dog.
>>
>>2345836
I've always been a firm believer in the thought that there had to have been an ongoing problem with the owner's training and handling of the dog that ultimately led it to attack, but so many reports suggesting unprovoked attacks are starting to wear on my own beliefs.
>>
>>2345836
It has happened before, but it doesn't actually happen that often. They're very commonly dog-aggressive, and usually pitbull incidents involve attacks against other dogs. Whenever a person dies from a pitbull attack, it's most of the time either a small child or an elderly person.

The guy who was killed had serious problems such as drug use. Some neighbor said that they heard him shouting during the attack but didn't think much of it since they heard shouting from his apartment all the time, anyway.

The part that I have real trouble understanding are the owners who still put their dog first, even when something bad happens. Pitbulls are not the only dogs that have been known to kill people (even a pomeranian once managed to kill a baby), but pitbull owners are oddly fanatical about their dogs. For example the woman mentioned in my picture used to be a vocal member of an organization whose main goal is defending the reputation of pitbulls.
>>
File: 1490321660865.png (132KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1490321660865.png
132KB, 500x489px
>>
>>2345850
>I have real trouble understanding are the owners who still put their dog first, even when something bad happens

My uncle put his cocker spaniel down without the blink of an eye when it nipped at him once. He was the dog guy who had got all the signals for a while and saw no good end to it.

Stupid adorable insane dog
>>
>>2345868
my uncles friend had a dog that bit one of his kids once, he beat the shit out of it with a piece of pvc so bad that it ran away for 3 days before it returned. was never a problem after that ever again,

you have to take extreme action when dogs get out of hands, its the only thing they can truly understand
>>
>>2345836
I'll be honest, I train dogs for local dog pounds and shelters, and I have even taken in dangerous pit bull dogs just to get dangerous dogs out of a chaotic area where they are more likely to bite. Of course I needed to train them and work with them and take precautions, but i have gotten even dog fighting dogs to play with other dogs kindly, and never had a pit bull dog bite me.

Pit bull type dogs have several things against them. Firstly that they are often not a breed. You see an ad for a purebred pit bull and I'd put money on it being a mongrel. Because of that, most pit bulls aren't bred to a standard. Just like any other mutt, we won't have a clear indication of their traits, including behavior. However, breeders of these dogs still sell them with claims of them being great with kids, being great guard dogs, etc when it may not be true. While not true for all pit bulls because of mixing, the pit bull type breeds are prone to dog aggression and animal aggression, and the breeds are also very high energy. They are working dogs really. Go to any reputable APBT breeder forum and the dogs look like body builders. However many people get them to stick in the yard, with the kids etc. You wouldn't do that to a Belgian Mal or Australian Shepherd, you're not supposed to do that with any working breed. Another shit thing is many breeders add mollasar type dogs, often the very stranger aggressive prone American Bulldogs, to their pits so now they are tenacious and wary.

So yeah, pit bulls are a gamble of genes and they aren't good for everyone, which everyone seems to imply. They require a lot of training, you won't know exactly what it's prone to, and they need a lot of activity, preferably a job. I can easily handle most pits but then again I have a mostly at home job and my hobby is taking care of animals. Not everyone is capable of taking care of every dog and they need to get a dog according to their capabilities.
>>
>If someone told me this I would tell them it's an urban myth

..Why? I mean, the guy was being interviewed specifically because he was a drug addict who was a total fucking mess and the police kept getting called out, and we all know that dogs occasionally kill people and that pit bull terriers are particularly likely to be involved in fatal attacks. What's so wacky and difficult to swallow about a news story in which a criminal junkie is attacked by his own dog?
>>
File: 05122016299.jpg (596KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
05122016299.jpg
596KB, 2592x1456px
>>2346375
>Australian Shepherd

o hai :3
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.