[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys. My puppy keeps on getting food stuck to the roof of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170328_104742.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_104742.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
Hi guys. My puppy keeps on getting food stuck to the roof of her mouth and ends up chewing endlessly with a big wad of food glued to the top of her mouth. I've tried soft puppy food, kibble and chopped up chicken breast, it all ends the same way. One hour of smacking her mouth trying to get the food in with a big mess all over.

Any advice on how I can stop this from happening? Is this common in puppies or is she genetically defective?

Pic related
>>
>>2345482
How old is this puppy and what breed is she?
>>
>>2345489
About 10 weeks. Mostly mutt with some sharpei and golden retriever in her.
>>
>>2345491
try feeding her even softer food and harden it every week or take her to a vet if you believe this poses a threat to her life
>>
Think hand feeding her smaller bites of food would help? I can imagine that it can get stuck up there if she tries to eat too much at once.
>>
>>2345496
ive mushed up kibble and puppy chow in puppy formula for her but i run into the same problem

vet is kinda expensive so its the last resort

>>2345523
ill try this out! I'm afraid it may only be a short term solution though, I won't have time to hand feed her as my lunch break is very short and i also have to feed myself
>>
>>2345533
at 10 weeks I was feeding my dog little balls of ground beef mince, which is basically like pre chewed meat to puppies.

you could try just giving them one ball at a time. Your puppy will grow out of this, it's just a baby who hasn't learned how to chew yet.
>>
>>2345482
Does she have a cleft palate?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.