[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good pets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: guinea-pig-1.jpg (40KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
guinea-pig-1.jpg
40KB, 400x298px
good pets
>>
File: carrot-fb.jpg (28KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
carrot-fb.jpg
28KB, 1200x630px
>>2345314
>pwee
>pweeeeep
>>
File: piggy.png (1MB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
piggy.png
1MB, 800x572px
>>2345314

I would say they are brainless yet that is part of their charm. Many are so skittish. They seem to delight in anxiety, as if panic is enjoyable.

They can be terrified by a shadow and equally ecstatic about the sound of lettuce treats coming. Tremendous capacity for histrionic emotion about everything.

They have a unique combination of great memory and little intelligence or attention span.

By the same token, they are a bit like chickens in that when they are visibly calm and happy, it means more coming from a typically nervous animal, and the interlude of peace and contentment is contagious. Then, apropos of nothing, a leaf may fall or a blanket may rustle, and suddenly they are back to wary suspicion of everything.

Their primary sense seems to be hearing which is very acute, and of course they aren't an especially graceful or athletic critter. So their world seems to be mostly sound and the expectation that something bigger and faster could be anywhere.

The pitched emotions combined with no attention span and endless gluttony is comical. Whatever end-of-the-world panicked suspicions one might have as a result of hearing a pencil drop disappears instantly if the next sound is treats coming. When food is on the way, I dont think hawks dropping bombs could distract or worry them.

The horror and terror that might be the monster growling in the air conditioner may indeed herald nightmarish doom, but a leaf of lettuce is a leaf of lettuce, and it could be the last one in the world. No one will get between him and treats,
>>
My daughter wants one, because my sister has one, but you have to get two, right? I'd rather have a rabbit, though.
Will a Gunea pig eat grass like a rabbit? I figure I can get a little fencing and move it around the lawn.
>>
>>2345620
Get a pet rock. Your daughters will hate you but you're to retarded to take care of anything sentient.
>>
File: cscage1.jpg (21KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
cscage1.jpg
21KB, 360x270px
>>2346195

hey everyone- look, its that guy

ya know, that guy that lurks a slow as shit board but still drops edgy shit posts everywhere in an hour and thinks people wont notice its the same guy in every thread...

hi guy...

>>2345620

It depends, generally two is better if they will be alone for long periods. But that doesnt mean you have to get them at the same time. If you do, you will want them younger, because you have to account for pig personalities being compatible.

You can keep one, but if you do, it may get a little weird from isolation, and then have trouble adapting to a new one later. As pets go, they arent especially long lived. They are social creatures, so they feel more comfortable if theres a second set of friendly eyes watching their back.

However, they do take care and attention, and can have odd personalities. That is, depending on your daughters age, it may or may not be appropriate. Very small mammals and children arent always a good mix.

Theres a number of reasons I wouldn't recommend a rabbit for a small child. Keeping a rabbit is one thing, keeping it well is another. Rabbits are usually less affable even than most small mammals. If she expects everything furry to wanna cuddle, she may be disappointed and then the interest ends.

A pig will eat grass, but you have to be wary of pests and contaminants. Outdoor enclosures are nice for recreation, but you will want to look at designs for shelter. You definitely dont want to keep it outdoors as a primary spot.

But if you get a small mammal, a pig might be good (after a small dog which is ideal for that age). Rabbits, I find, aren't what people expect. Rats are great but perhaps not age appropriate either. If you get a pig, take time to create a nice enclosure and habitat. With a pig, take time and learn and appreciate them for what they are before jumping in.

This is a proper pig habitat, if the vid is a bit tedious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWmRLA0rZA

Good luck.
>>
>>2346230
I wasn't shitposting, I was serious. If you can't even do basic research on your own you shouldn't have a pet.
>>
>>2345590
Why was this written so descriptively
>>
File: trolling.png (64KB, 580x581px) Image search: [Google]
trolling.png
64KB, 580x581px
>>2346239

Hi guy.

Boy howdy, you're a smart one. You think they should do research.

You mean like, idk, getting on the internet and asking direct questions on an animal board about fuckin animals? In a thread about the animals they are referring to? Maybe gain information from people with experience where people are discussing that very animal?

Just stfu. Go watch your Bill Nye faggotry or whatever you consider research. Maybe the poster should've gave a book report before asking some simple opening questions, is that it? So some worthless faggot could be satisfied that they were qualified to ask a fucking question on 4chan?

Ten points for getting me to reply, you attention starved pitiable sack of shit.

You shouldn't even be on an animal board anyways. You get upstaged by spiders, snails and snakes. You know, the things people like more than you, ya pathetic fuck.
>>
>>2346254
quite the edgelord we got here
>>
>>2345620
I've had three pigs now, and all just one at a time. They do fine in small groups but don't mind their space, especially the males. IMO the only rodent you really ought to get a companion for is a rat.
>>
>>2346283
>I am a retard that doesn't know shit about the animals I keep but I've had them three times, therefore I am going to spew uninformed shit
fuck off
>>
>>2346283
If I can learn that your "in my experience" bullshit is wrong in a simple google search (which I did), don't give anyone advice, ever.
>>
>>2345590
this is like fucking poetry man, thank you
>>
File: 1397541656011.jpg (154KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
1397541656011.jpg
154KB, 640x449px
>>2346283

Awesome, ty.

I too see rats as more of a companion pet, while guineas are sort of just a cuddle ball. They dont have quite the personality depth (but then dont depend on constant interaction either.)

I've had guineas both single and in pairs, both do well, but it depends on the individual.

Hey, check out this fag- >>2346283 >>2346294

He hangs around bawwing for attention. For example, he did a google search, indicating he has no knowledge, found something quickly and took it as fact, then raced back here to shit a strong opinion on something he clearly felt he didnt know and didnt even cite the link. Instead he argues with experienced people and had the fatuous gall to yammer about research.

That is one desperate troll. Idt its even fair to call him a troll. I think he literally is retarded. Definitely low functioning at least. Hory sheet. I'd guess he went to pol and the smarter guys probably stomped him so now he's here.

He's happy now. Getting this (You) will sustain him for another hour.
>>
>>2346230
with cages like that how are you supposed to clean them after a while? Scooping can only keep up with so much. eventually all that urine is going to settle at the bottom
>>
>>2346304
>I've had guineas both single and in pairs, both do well,
You kept a social animal by itself. Use google before you get a pet, this shit isn't hard.
>>
>>2346310
take everything out once a week and hose it down, it's a pain in the ass but its worth not having to deal with the smell
>>
Had 2, Gannon and Link. Great little guys. Miss them. They were good friends.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.