[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UVB lighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: LF-36_Nano_Double_Dome_Thumb.jpg (55KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
LF-36_Nano_Double_Dome_Thumb.jpg
55KB, 273x200px
So I guess I kinda got confused. I bought this nano lamp for my new vivarium and it turns out the LED bulbs dont do anything other than make light which is stupid because I guess my day geckos need UVB light and worse is that all of the nano bulbs zoomed makes for this lamp fixture don't make UVB although one does make UVA.

So should I return the lamp and LEDs altogher and get something different or is UVB really that important? The tank is only 12x18 I think.
>>
>>2344082
It'd make an okay night light. Uvb is pretty important though and you should look for one.
>>
>>2344101

Okay maybe ill just take the whole thing back then. I was hoping of just replacing a bulb though but I dont think there are any that will fit to this hood.
>>
>>2344107
Did some searching and I think these might be uvb. http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?EntryID=1646&DatabaseID=2&SearchID=20&SearchContext=YTo3OntzOjg6IlNlYXJjaElEIjtzOjI6IjIwIjtzOjEwOiJEYXRhYmFzZUlEIjtzOjE6IjIiO3M6NzoiS2V5d29yZCI7czoyMDoiTGlnaHRpbmcgQWNjZXNzb3JpZXMiO3M6MTU6IlByb2R1Y3RDYXRlZ29yeSI7czo4OiJMaWdodGluZyI7czo3OiJIZWFkaW5nIjtzOjk6IlRlcnJhcml1bSI7czo4OiJTZWFyY2hfeCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjg6IlNlYXJjaF95IjtzOjE6IjAiO30=
>>
UVB is not only important but absolutely required for day geckos.

Take fixture back and get two individual domes, one equipped with compact UVB bulb and one with a heat lamp for basking. The heat lamp can be an ordinary incandescent bulb; select wattage based on desired temperature. You want 95 degrees directly under the screen, and an ambient temp of about 80-85. No lighting or heat required at night as long as the room is about 75 or so.
>>
>>2344110
>>2344111

thank you so much for the feed back. I think I will ask if the linked lightbulb shown gives UVB or not and if it doesnt I might try and see how a

https://www.lllreptile.com/products/8474-exo-terra-compact-fluorescent-13watt-uvb-100-bulb

fits into the hood. Not a biggie if i have to switch altogether though.
>>
>>2344127
Here's zoomeds chart.
>>
Use a Megaray bulb or an Arcadia bulb if in Europe.

http://www.reptileuv.com
>>
>>2344082

You don't want coil bulb or globe bulb uvb. You want the tube. The coil and globes don't distribute the uvb evenly and it can damage your geckos eyes.

The tubes also last longer, have a lesser failure rate. You can also buy a cheap fish tank balace to install the tube.
>>
Tube and ballast is def. the way to go for any full spectrum light solution. These specialty pet bulbs are overpriced as fuck.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.