[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive found what seems to be a bumblebee in my house. I gave it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: BYgmMHb.gif (30KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
BYgmMHb.gif
30KB, 914x1091px
Ive found what seems to be a bumblebee in my house. I gave it some sugarwater and it crawled away after drinking and it is now sitting on a shoe for some reason.
Idk if its stuck but what should i do with it?
>>
>>2343809
Give it a little bit of honey and introduce extreme flowers.

Just put the honey near it or they die.
>>
>>2343810
But i read they shouldnt be given honey.
>>
>>2343813
That's because people feed it to them, I said leave some nearby.
>>
>>2343815
>http://www.buzzaboutbees.net/found-a-bee.html
>Do not use honey, because honey may contain traces of viruses that may be passed on to the wild bee.

Even if you are attempting to revive a honey bee, do not feed it honey – honey bees should only ever be given their own honey, and should not be given other honey, even if it is organic.
>>
>>2343809
Is the bee warm enough?
>>
>>2343818
I think so...
It has been very hot all day.
Now its hiding inside the shoe (?)
>>
>>2343821
Could bee an old bee. What condition are the wings?
>>
>>2343826
hm cant see it anymore and the fotos are too vague.
I tried getting it out of the shoe but then it just starts buzzing.Of course idk if it wants to rest there or if its stuck.
>>
>>2343830
Think your best to just leave him and put some sugar water nearby. Not much more you can do. Could just be old.
>>
>>2343831
should i put the shoe on its side at least?
>>
>>2343834
Might make it easier on the bee to escape without wasting bee energy
>>
File: 1462642787002.png (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462642787002.png
60KB, 1000x1000px
>>2343840
Its also my neighbours shoe btw.
>>
>>2343846
Tell him you need to borrow it for the greater good.
>>
Oh fugg i moved the shoe and it feel out.
Then i brought it to the kitchen and it went full retard against the kitchen light after i opened a window until it crashed somewhere..
Now idk where the fuck it went.
Fugg im so sorry bee ;_;
>>
File: 1368639197051.jpg (726KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1368639197051.jpg
726KB, 1200x800px
>>2343809

Make sure it gets some pollen. I had a sickly bee once and I gave it sugar water and juice. One has to be careful not to feed it artificial stuff; sometimes additives are not good for them.

But the sugar water or juice wasn't helping. I even added grains of vitamin or mineral colloids, or a fraction of salt grain for electrolytes.

Nothing worked until I though to bring in some clover for it to romp around on. Within a few days he was up and buzzing.

My conclusion was that there was something in the pollen that he cleaned from his limbs and ingested, presumably some protein. So I kept bringing him fresh clover blossoms, and in days he recovered and I was able to let him free.

It sure felt good to see him buzz away on his own power.

A few years later, it didnt go so well. It was a yellow jacket and it died, and I felt bad. She seemed alright but grew weaker and weaker. I fed it jam and thought maybe it had additives that were toxic to the 'bee'. I tried and tried different things, bits of uncured meat and such, but nothing worked. It was very sad.

I should warn you that the seasonal emergence of carpenter bees or bumble bees often doesnt seem to go well. Some people tell me its age related.

In such cases, I do my best and make them comfortable, warm and sheltered. If it seems moribund, I make a point to keep food/water drops close, check it often and do my best to give it a decent final view, and provide shade and shelter timed for day and night, with it also available during the day. Sickly ones seem to like shade and shelter.
>>
>>2344050
Ok ill give it some pollen if its still hiding in my kitchen somewhere.
As i mentioned it already flew towards the lamp in my kitchen.
>>
bumblebees who are too early to awake from hibernation
google spring bumblebees
if there's no nectar she's pretty much RIP and it can't be helped.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.