[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How disciplined is your doggo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: 2154.jpg (145KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
2154.jpg
145KB, 432x432px
>>
File: 3.jpg (206KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
206KB, 1024x681px
I could do this with those stupid dog treats but NO WAY IN HELL DOES THIS WORK WITH PIC RELATED.
NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE
>>
>>2343538
Not much, but I could teach her to do that. She gets very focused when training/treats are involved, otherwise, she's kinda goofy.
>>
It is really young and keeps picking up garbage
>>
>>2343538
GOD DAMMIT RUFFUS, YOU GOD DAMN STUPID DOG, STOP FUCKING *asthma* SHITTING ON THE FUCKING FLOOR.
>>
He disobeys me and goes to the same spot every time for his punishment. It's weird and sad, I don't why he keeps doing it
>>
>>2343538
Not very. I find I have to use a "mean" voice to get him to really pay attention
>>
My dog obeyed me perfectly. Unless there was a squirrel.
My dad, though, had absolutely terrible habits. Fed him at the table, let him have treats he lunged for, would stand there and keep calling him while he ran around like a retard.
I miss that dog. If my dad tried to get him to do something he wasn't normally allowed to do, like get up on their bed, he'd get really nervous and want to get down immediately.
If I told him to, he was perfectly happy. I was the only authority he believed in.
Never once punished him in any way. Just made it fun and rewarding to obey.
>>
I can get her to leave squirrels alone. I can easily interrupt her eating chicken with just a whistle, and keep her in position with food in her reach. She walks right beside me with no leash. I can have her absolutely focused on just me in the middle of a music festival and she wouldn't waiver.

I can not, however, get her to leave me the fuck alone. She doesn't do stay or go lay down. She can do anything as long as it doesn't require being further than a few feet from me.
>>
File: IMG-20170324-WA0022.jpg (941KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170324-WA0022.jpg
941KB, 4128x2322px
Incredibly well.
He is a rescue
He never bolts when opening the door unless I step out, no leash pulling, not agresive to other animals or people, knows when to stop doing stuff if I tell him, when I drop food he doesn't try to eat it, only jumps on me when I tell him etc etc
He is even getting the hang of fetch
He makes me look like a good trainer, true is I can't teach him to sit or basic stuff like that he came hardwired with all that from the start
>>
File: 1489345635703.jpg (19KB, 243x216px) Image search: [Google]
1489345635703.jpg
19KB, 243x216px
>>2344055
>Fed him at the table
I just wish this wasn't so much fun
>>
He's old and sick. I tend to give him a lot more free passes these days. He takes half a minute to sit on command? Eh. Arthritis. He doesn't run at me when I recall him, but instead meanders over. Old.
>>
>>2344196
I agree. I also dont exactly trust dog food so ive mostly fed my dog meat and potatoes for most his life. Not too long ago, funds were low so i didnt have enough to feed us both regular food and i broke out the dog food. Its not like its foreign to him, ive just always preferred, you know, real food. Anyway he was on a hunger strike for four days
>>
File: 1442457247248.jpg (116KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
1442457247248.jpg
116KB, 600x551px
I don't quite understand the people who actually flip their shit, get loud and ANGRY when the dog stares at them while they eat at the table.

I know it's not a good manner of the dog to stare at eating people but HOW THE FUCKKKKK does this justify to fucking KILL the good mood at the table just because the dog stares? Everyone is having a good time and then someone shoots up their chair, shout at the dog and afterwards, awkward silence.

This shit always bothered me way more than some dog that wants to participate and isn't allowed, hence keeps staring.
>>
>>2344087
that sounds like a golden, anon
>>
File: feeding the doggo.jpg (211KB, 732x979px) Image search: [Google]
feeding the doggo.jpg
211KB, 732x979px
She's a good doggo
>>
He's really well behaved around everything and everyone except horses. Then he just ignores everything else but trying to bite the horse on its leg like he has some sort of intense death wish. He's been kicked clean over a fence but still does it.
>>
>>2343540
Wouldn't work with me either, anon
>>
>>2343538

I can put food in front of him and he won't touch it until i tell him to

I can give him basic orders like "sit" from a really long distance

That's about it.
>>
>>2344285
>I can give him basic orders like "sit" from a really long distance
I'm jealous, I can't get my dog to sit right where she is.
She will always come right next to me to sit, even if she's just two feet away.
>>
File: IMG_4155.jpg (203KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4155.jpg
203KB, 1280x960px
Not very much, he's just a baby
>>
>>2344295
Cute pitbull, anon

Any clearer pictures?
>>
File: IMG_3986.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3986.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2344298
He's a German Shorthaired Pointer, my dream dog.
And yeah I have tons of pictures lol.
>>
>>2343538
took me alot of patience and practice to get that trick down, but now my dog likes the challenge of trying to flip it and catch it. i started with a simple "wait for it" by putting it in front of him and scolding him if he went for it. then i moved on to putting it on his paw when he was laying on the ground. then i tried teaching him to balance it on his nose (that part took MONTHS). i think he might've seen other dogs do it which helps. now he'll balance it for a few seconds, actually waiting for the go ahead, which blows my mind, and try flipping and catching it. next step is stacking.
>>
>>2343538
My dog is a piece of shit and won't stop fucking jumping up no matter how many fucking times I've tried teaching him and whatever methods I've tried.
>>
File: 2017-03-28 20.47.06.jpg (1MB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-28 20.47.06.jpg
1MB, 1060x1883px
She's only a pup, so not very. She plays pretty rough with my older dog in the back of pic
>>
File: 20170329_231134.jpg (2MB, 1723x1745px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_231134.jpg
2MB, 1723x1745px
He's gonna be 6 in the 31st which is kinda cool because me and him share a birthday, but I gotta say I feel bad for him. He's so rambunctious and whines constantly and is just so high strung. I feel like there may be something wrong with him, but partly I feel like its because I dont take him out or run off his energy. Im not physically able too
>>
>>2345560
>Im not physically able too

Why do you have a dog and even a quite big dog in the first place?!
>>
>>2344228
Yeah that kind of a reaction seems a little...excessive.

For me, I don't mind dogs staring as long as they aren't legit rude. I train my dogs that sitting by the table/looking at people eating is ok, so long as they are quiet (no barking or whining,) calm (no pawing or nosing the person,) and are a respectable distance away (not right up in their face.) The dog simply being there is...a non-issue. I can understand why people don't like a pushy dog, but just sitting there? Who cares?
>>
>>2344290
Try having her up on a bench or something, telling her to sit while she's up there, and then gradually increase how far away you are from the table. The table creates a sort of physical barrier (it takes more effort to jump down and come over to you to sit) and so it's easier to get the dog to stay put that way.

If she still can't do it like that, have her up on the bench/table and take a step back, reward for her staying put. Gradually increase how far away you walk in order for her to get the reward for staying. Then start working on adding behaviors like "sit" with the understanding that she's supposed to stay up there and not come over to you first.

After a bit of practice like this, she will begin to generalize "sit" to understand that she doesn't need to be right up next to you for the behavior.
>>
She is basically a cat. Never showed much interest in humans, dogs or other animals, or food.
Its really tough to train with a dog that doesn't appreciate play, treats, or praise as a reward.

She can sit, lay down and stay, which she learned at the puppy course. Recalls are hit and miss, but she is afraid or otherwise reluctant to leave my side, so she doesn't run away off leash.

The only time she shows any emotion is when I come home from work and she goes absolutely batshit with happiness for 5-10 minutes.
>>
>>2343540
[drools externally]
>>
>>2345623
I never thought he'd grow THAT big
>>
My puppy of 11 months sucks at recall most of the time but is smart at a lot of other tricks, mostly been focusing on practicing putting treats on his nose. I just can't always practice recall due to no area big enough that is enclosed unless I travel a distance with him.

Too smart for own good and tries to roll over before I even issue the command.
>>
>>2344310
>phone number
>>
>>2345560
6 is still young enough for a GSD to behave like a wild teenager. I'm not surprised he's rambunctious. Still, regardless of how large he was going to get, he's a GSD, and they're wild without doing at least some exercise every day. If you can't take him out yourself for physical reasons, shop around for a decent dog walker to swing by and take him out for at least 30 minutes a day.
>>
>>2345954
Yeah, i might do it i just don't want to abandon him that way though maybe during the summer I'll take him out more. I'm not so much overweight and out if shape i just have shit lungs so running and even walking is a hassle and he just gets so into it with walks it's hard to keep up
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.