[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future is wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: the future.jpg (156KB, 1024x277px) Image search: [Google]
the future.jpg
156KB, 1024x277px
So I remember seeing this old show as a kid, about how animals in the future might look like, I'm genuinely curious if these could actually show up in the far future or if they're just the product of fever dreams?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHY135TdgUs
>>
File: 1479905566429.jpg (2MB, 2083x1786px) Image search: [Google]
1479905566429.jpg
2MB, 2083x1786px
>>2343256
oh yes, i still remember those fucking arboreal octopodes
>>
>>2343266
Only thing I remember off the top of my head were the silver spiders that farmed up a bunch of hamsters.
>>
>>2343256
>I'm genuinely curious if these could actually show up in the far future or if they're just the product of fever dreams?
Nobody can or will know. That's why it's called Speculative Biology.

Though I do remember an article about the flish not being the right shape and what it would take for it to be functional.
>>
>>2343398
>Nobody can or will know. That's why it's called Speculative Biology.
I guess you're right on that.
I dunno, it just feels like some of these things feel so silly, like they're the product of a game. Some of these can kinda make some sense like that frill lizard using its frills to catch bugs or the giant predator land bird existing since cassowary exist, but the silve spider just feels so weird since it's a spider that has ant like mindset and harvests rats.
>>
speaking of these oldish shows, does anybody remember this weird one that had a scene where scaled up footage of a monitor lizard was edited in to footage of a guy running away and it was just like a monitor lizard taller than trees. A lot of it was weird, and I really want to remember what it was.
>>
>>2343422
I think Jeff Corwin did an episode with something like that
>>
Man I wish a modern speculative evolution tv series could be made
Those graphics looked great as a kid, but now they look trash
>>
>>2343519
Oh, I wish, I wish... I bet you have no magic wand to wish, isn't it? The producing of such TV series needs lots of time, powerful comps and great lots of money. As for ideas, there are numerous projects in net. Only hands, hard, soft and money are needed.
>>
I remember being really mad about 'sharkopaths', as cool as they'd be in some hack sci-fi setting.
Packs of sharks that communicate and hunt through visual light signals? Seems like one fuck of a stretch for sharks. I was really autistic about sharks.
>>
>>2343256
Ignore that youtube link, found the full collection here.
Thinking and looking through here more, some of them do kinda make more sense, but I really have to wonder about the spitfire beetle, like it looks like it NEEDS 4 to survive, what happens if one has the shell damaged or doesn't make it?

https://vimeopro.com/switchint/the-future-is-wild-documentary-series/video/79628567
>>
>>2343256
Earth will get so hot that some mammals might mutate their fur away and develop a new skin covering making a sixth vertebrate grouping thats then dominates the planet.
>>
>>2343875
The future of the Earth is not 100% predictable. And here it is a native ground of "Earth" branch of speculative biology.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.