[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do animals think of human activities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: Cão Verboso.gif (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Cão Verboso.gif
54KB, 320x240px
Do pets wonder what humans are doing sitting in front of a flat screen for hours?

How about when we go out, especially when it comes to pets that have never left the house - where do they think we're going? Do they have the concept of a greater world outdoors? Or would it be similar to humans trying to imagine where someone goes after crossing the edge of the Universe?

How about when you give them baths, put on silly clothes, make them do funny things and film to post on the Internet? They don't feel threatened, but they are also not aware of what's going on, so why do they passively accept being toyed with? Would it fit in the same category as being cuddled or something?

I'm sure they don't exactly get curious or ponder about this stuff, but they must have some pseudo-logical conclusion as to what its owners are doing/where they are so they can function inside a group.
>>
yeah it's a weird thing to think about. scientists who study cats have theorized that when your cat brings prey home and leaves it for you to find, they're doing so because they've noticed that you never hunt and are worried that you will go hungry, which shows they do have enough sentience to observe your activities and interpret them (to a degree).

as for dogs, I don't fucking know, they're a lot stupider and are generally okay with anything if they or their owners aren't being hurt.
>>
I've always wondered if animals understand the idea of clothes, or at least recognize that clothes aren't a real part of a human's body.
>>
>>2342396
my cat used to be obsessed with cotton shirts and would always lick your shirt whenever he was happy and being cuddled, yet he would never lick your skin. meanwhile an earlier cat we had was obsessed with licking skin but would never lick clothes.

cats are the weirdest animals on the planet
>>
>>2342388
>cat fags actually believe this
>>
>>2342398
>cats are the weirdest animals on the planet

Says the human wearing the clothes in the first place
>>
>>2342396
I think they know it's not a part of us.

I would like to know what dogs think when we leave. Dogs with separation anxiety I imagine are just unsure and confused about us not being there or not knowing what happened to us. Regular ones probably know we will be back soon but are happy we didn't die or something.
>>
>>2342396
My pet fox understood what blankets are for, so I guess she could extrapolate that clothes are portable blankets. She tried to take clean ones along on walks often enough.

Her brother stole a knife from the kitchen when someone left the door open, kept it hidden somewhere for at least a week, then punctured a pillow with it and fucked the hole.
>>
File: 1487726215336.jpg (19KB, 343x283px) Image search: [Google]
1487726215336.jpg
19KB, 343x283px
>>2342546
>then punctured a pillow with it and fucked the hole.
>>
>>2342552
It's not funny. The kitchen heist might or might not have been premeditated, but he obviously spent some time thinking about potential uses for the knife. He could have stabbed a power outlet. Or my fucking eye while I was sleeping.
>>
File: 1465774095772.gif (911KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1465774095772.gif
911KB, 360x202px
>>2342565
So this was supposed to be an evil laugh all the time?
>>
>>2342565
>Anon gets multiple foxes
>Foxes learn things from their new human overlords
>Anon gets murdered by a knife-wielding fox in his sleep
>What a tweest!
>>
>>2342592
I put round knobs on all my doors, so they would have been kept in check by mutually assured destruction.
>>
>>2342348
My dog watches tv, even has a favorite show Chopped. What amazed me the most is the tv for our security cameras is to the left. When he hears an outside noise he looks at the camera tv. If it's the backyard he goes thru the dog door, if it's in the front yard he goes to the front door.

I only noticed this because he will wake up if he hears something and look straight at the camera feed and go back to sleep. So it's a learned behavior but still odd.

Time is something i question. Dogs are good with time in a routine. But if your schedule varies do they think you are never coming back when you leave? Seems like the same reaction if your gone 15 minutes or all day.
>>
File: smugdog.jpg (712KB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
smugdog.jpg
712KB, 4928x3264px
>>2342388
>as for dogs, I don't fucking know, they're a lot stupider
>>
>>2342565
But instead of all that he used it to make a fleshlight out of your pillow. Animals can be startlingly bright but you're overestimating their ambitions in life.
>>
>>2342388
Cats have brains the size of a walnut, retard. You can feel their little rodent-like braincase. Cats are closer to reptiles than they are to dogs.
>>
>>2342388
Dogs have more neurons in their brain than cats
>>
>>2342388
I´m pretty sure cats realize you're eating when they see you eating.
>>
>>2342893
>Assuming an animal smart enough to use a knife to make a sex toy can't figure out doors with round knobs
>>
>>2343054
Oh they've both figured it out quickly. They just can't do anything about it.
>>
>>2342388
>cat thinks you'll starve because you aren't eating raw bird carcass
>dog is aware that you have an entire room filled with food and sees you eating all the time
Hmmm yes cats are much smarter
>>
File: 1488300379866.jpg (97KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488300379866.jpg
97KB, 665x1000px
>>2342546
>>
>>2342997
fuck off retard. reptiles are way smarter than cats
>>
/an/ - animal behavioral experts

>m-m-muh cats ruin another thread, morons
>>
>>2342348
What do they thinking when they see you masturbating?
How about when your jizz lands on them?
>>
>>2342348
My old bun, I'm pretty sure, thought I was an idiot. Way back, I tried to train him to high jump, because I was a teenager and thought it was cool. Got one of those little ladder things with the bars you can insert that fall out at a touch, and kept adding more as he was able to clear higher and higher ones.

And then one day, I think he's ready for 7 bars, and he looks at the structure, looks at me, and then just hops around it instead of jumping over it. And afterwards, any attempt to get him to jump over it would only be done after he demonstrated to the stupid tall pink thing that he could just as easily go around the obstruction as over it.
>>
File: Stormeh.jpg (55KB, 686x915px) Image search: [Google]
Stormeh.jpg
55KB, 686x915px
>>2342388
I can at least partially confirm this. She used to leave small "presents" for me around the house until one day I decided to take her with me on a fishing trip. I'm pretty sure she's convinced herself that every time I leave the house now, I'm going fishing.

The only downside is that every time I take her for a walk now, she wants to go to the river where I fish. Every. Single. Time.

[spoiler]Also, when I do take her, she inevitably catches fish faster than I do and gives me this "what the hell is taking you so long" look.[/spoiler]
>>
>>2343705
>human comes back from fishing every day
>gives me no fish whatsoever, must have ate it all in the river
She must hate you.
>>
>>2342546
Liar
>>
>>2342546
kek

>>2342565
There's a reason this fox is holding a knife.
>>
>>2343804
forgot pic
>>
>>2342348
>Do pets wonder what humans are doing sitting in front of a flat screen for hours?

My cat reacts when I put on nature videos of birds and small animals for her and will try to catch them, so she knows my screens are good for that. She herself spends hours staring out the window or at the wall at shit I can't grasp or show interest in, so I consider us on equal footing there.
>>
>>2343663
They can smell it. They know what's going on, they just don't have our sensibilities and really don't care.
>>
My birds will watch Youtube videos with me and coo along if I play them pigeon noises.
>>
>>2343825
Eh, my dog has his own mysterious machinations, too, and I have no idea what he's thinking or up to. I would also say I'm about on equal footing.
>>
File: 1485892789299.jpg (102KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485892789299.jpg
102KB, 900x900px
>>2343825
Don't quote me on that, but wasn't this staring cat victim of a brain tumor or something?
>>
>>2342348
They lack the ability to imagine, they're not sapient.
>>
>>2343825
Had a lab that would lay there staring at a corner for hours. It'd freak me out at night when we'd be walking through the dark house and she'd suddenly stop and stare into the dark or out a window.
>>
>>2342388
>how to trigger dogfags
>>
File: IMG_20170107_155624.jpg (112KB, 364x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170107_155624.jpg
112KB, 364x486px
I read that scientists now believe cats leave you dead animals because they think you're an idiot and need to be shown how to hunt. My cat used to leave cat toys in the shoes of guests. In his case I think he loved to parent everyone. Did it with me and other cats. Now that his limbs have stopped working he is happily living his last days being heavily mothered by my widowed grandma. Good boy.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.