[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling with a pet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1465476171266.jpg (60KB, 690x783px) Image search: [Google]
1465476171266.jpg
60KB, 690x783px
I'm going to be flying across country soon and taking my cat with me. I've never flown before, much less with a cat, so I'm wondering if any anons have advice on how to make the process easier for the both of us.

I'm taking Alaska Airlines, and I'll be carrying the pet in the cabin with me. It'll be about a five hour flight with no connection. I'm mostly worried about him panicking and making a lot of noise, or pissing or shitting in his kennel during the flight.
>>
you are the reason call the airline before every flight that i have life threatening asthma and allergies
i suggest others do the same
>>
>>2342352
What
>>
File: 1488068531084.png (12KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1488068531084.png
12KB, 202x184px
>>2342352
>>
>>2342352
>everyone should be paranoid because I have an uncommon lethal allergy

The world is better without you genetically inferior and oversensitive faggots anyway.
>>
>>2342339
Get your cat used to the cage you're going to take it in advance so you're prepared before the day you have to leave.

https://youtu.be/zkcyyVtIwwo
>>
>>2344237
>what is lying

obviously just didn't want to share a cabin with a filthy shitting cat
>>
Vets can offer sedative medicine for this sort of thing. It's five hours in a carrier. That's a hell of a long time cooped up in it, and it might be easier on him to go that route.

If you don't want to go the sedative route (and even if you do) you could try exposing him to as many of these things ahead of time as you can and seeing how he reacts, then counter conditioning him for anything he's afraid of. There are also calming cat treats and sprays which seem to work well on my cat for smaller things. Some are sedative and some aren't. Don't combine these with anything prescribed by a vet though, or give them to him in excess of whatever the maximum allowance is.

>Loud sounds
>Strange people being all around him
>Strange smells being all around him

There's a lot of things you can't counter condition for though, stuff like the pressure changes as the plane ascends and descends or turbulence for instance.

I'd suggest against getting an aisle seat by the way. I know aisle seats are more comfortable for humans, but every time someone goes by with snacks or drinks or something on that cart your cat is going to be very afraid. And every time you have to get up to let someone else get up, they're going to walk past your cat, possibly kicking his carrier and even if not he'll likely be afraid by them 'approaching' and him having nowhere to hide or run to. This changes some if you're flying with family or other people he's familiar with. Other than that get a seat away from the engine so it's a little quieter for him. Put a blanket or towel in the carrier too so it's a little softer and warmer.
>>
>>2342339
Put him on prone position and duct tape him to the floor
That should do the trick
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.