[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pyrethrin spray bad for dogs? I got carpet beetles and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: _20170323_211627.jpg (405KB, 1133x828px) Image search: [Google]
_20170323_211627.jpg
405KB, 1133x828px
Is pyrethrin spray bad for dogs? I got carpet beetles and I'm scared I might hurt my dog, idk but I plan on starting this on everything and leaving the windows open and leaving for the day with my dog, will it affecting me and my dog if i come home 8-12hours after I spray everything?
>>
>>2341299
I want to spray it on everything is what I meant.
>>
>>2341299
No, keep it away from his food though
>>
it's probably not peaches and sunshine moron

>should i spray pesticides all over my dog
>>
>>2341301
If she some how locked residue or sniff some that lingered what would happen? And would I need to leave until it airs out/drys up
>>
I meant lick not lock . Fucking phones and I never said I was going to spray it on my dog .
>>
>>2341303
It decays pretty quickly, and dogs aren't particularly sensitive to it, cats and fish are, birds probably are too, dogs not so much

The situation you describe where you're spraying the house and coming home later though, do you mean like a bug bomb? Or just a regular repellent? What sort of dose are we talking? And is it definitely pyrethrin? The related pyrethroid is a bit more toxic
>>
Why not just vacuum a lot for a while, and get some scent traps?
>>
>>2341306
Idont k is to be honest , I've been looking for a pyrethrin spray I can use for this instance and I'm Manually going to spray it on everything , will probably buy an industrial gas mask for safe measure for myself. I have a carpet which I'll spray with what ever dose is recommended that won't hurt me or pooch
>>
>>2341308
pyrethrin is suppose to kill all the pesky shits at touch and I'm hoping it eradicates these bitches.
>>2341306
Is there a bug bomb pyrethrin thing?
>>
>>2341308
Recommend my friend , I don't know how to handle this
>>
>>2341309
>>2341311
the pyrethrin sprays that you will tend to see around are the sort that spray a little spurt into the air every twenty minutes or so, this will kill any bugs in an area after a few days, the sort of old school bug bomb that you can get at any home depot or wherever which bursts into smoke and fills a few rooms isnt what id recommend, they tend to be a little too much, maybe if youve got a serious borer infestation, or fleas everywhere, but in that sort of situation the better kind of bug bomb is that type that you put in a thing of water, anyway, this is all besides the point.

what this guy said is a much better place to start, >>2341308
vacuum every day for a week, if you have any natural fibre things like rugs or curtains around the place then id send them to be professionally cleaned, but that's optional, definitely do set a few traps, like that gluggy liquid stuff that attracts and kills them, your local dude at the home depot should be able to sort you out with what products you need, and until you are sure that they are gone, id probably keep all my linen, especially any natural fibres in plastic bags or sealed boxes
>>
Should be just fine and safe as long as everything's dry once he's exposed to it. Same for yourself.
>>
>>2341299

I have never heard of someone having so many carpet beetles that it is a problem. Normally its just one or two roaming, you put them outside and never see them again. I wonder how OP got so many.

If anything, you'd want to treat for eggs moreso than the bugs themselves; the bugs are harmless. Like many bugs, they are just a nuisance because they show up where they dont belong, like weevils. I dont normally hear about them being in 'panic' numbers though.

I just ask because it sounds like the spray is more of a nuisance than the bug itself unless there are a lot of bugs.

How many carpet beetles we talking about, OP? Very many? So many that just sweeping them out wont help? Like I said, with most non-parasitic bugs they are few, and its more an issue of preventing breeding. Silverfish, weevils, potato bug, flour beetles.

Roaches, spiders, ants. termites are a different story. I just never heard of carpet beetles being such a problem.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.