[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foster thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Vanessa.jpg (31KB, 640x374px) Image search: [Google]
Vanessa.jpg
31KB, 640x374px
Hello /an/

I'm really happy to introduce you to my second kitty mom, but this one is called Vanessa. Vanessa is among the most beautiful cats I've ever seen. Imo 'Cream' would suit her better as a name, since her furr is so light and creamy.

She has five beautiful baby kittens. They are six days old.

Worry number 1:
Vanessa is really skinny, so much that you can feel her spine when you pet her. She has almost no fat and ribs are easy to count too. She is a lost cat, maybe she was abandoned by her owners, maybe she just went on an adventure. But she is definetly houseraised. She is so kind.

I just gave her some wet food to fat her up, she bailed on her kittens like a hot pan, lol.

Worry number 2: While most of the kittens eat well and keep the mom painfully busy, there is the runt of the group. He is so tiny that you can see the shape of his eyes in his skull. He reminds me of a cute bug rather than a kitten because of his head shape. He is so small. I'm legitimately afraid that he won't make it. I'm going to try to give him special milk time with his mom were he doesn't have to compete with his sibling.

I'm about to weigh them soon, but I am wondering how to tell them apart and notice the progress of each individual kitty, since they look so similar after birth.
>>
>raising cats
stop
>>
File: Cream.jpg (17KB, 374x640px) Image search: [Google]
Cream.jpg
17KB, 374x640px
>>2340782
Cream, as I'm gonna call her in my head, is very worried about her kittens. At the shelter she had dragged one of her kittens into the kitty litter to protect it and hide.

She copied this behavior this night in the dead hours of the morning. She had dragged two into the kitty litter and left two little babies sobbing on the floor.

After this incident we moved her crib underneath one of the desks in hopes that she might find it more safe.

And things just get harder for Cream since she is coming off some sickness, she still has a fever (a new baked mother!) and is scheduled for another penicillin syringe after eight days, just for safety.

Despite all her physical ails and former pregnancy, she has no trouble literally climbing the room, going so far as to sit on top of the window gap. The madcat.
>>
File: pink nose.png (734KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
pink nose.png
734KB, 540x960px
>>2340783
is this because I shitposted on one bird thread literally seven months ago? It was just a ruse, man.
>>
File: runt.jpg (18KB, 468x800px) Image search: [Google]
runt.jpg
18KB, 468x800px
And the tiny one.
>>
File: fat one.jpg (15KB, 468x800px) Image search: [Google]
fat one.jpg
15KB, 468x800px
>>2340790
I tried getting a fat one on the scale but it didn't want to sit still, I didn't want to push it since momma was getting worried. All in due time.
>>
File: hoard.jpg (23KB, 468x800px) Image search: [Google]
hoard.jpg
23KB, 468x800px
>>2340791
A bit more of cuddling
>>
>>2340782
>I am wondering how to tell them apart and notice the progress of each individual kitty, since they look so similar after birth.
colored ribbons
>>
>>2340902
I don't think its wise to put something on them that they could get tangled in or hanged.

Their necks are so soft and fragile I wouldn't want to put anything around it.

Plus the mom would just rip it off.
>>
>>2340969
>>2340782

Grab some liquid food coloring in varied colors and dunk the very tip of their tails in it. Reapply when it starts fading.
Food coloring is generally safe for mama cat and she's unlikely to lick it off since the very tip of the tail often goes unlicked for a while.

And by the way OP, about the runt, let nature take it's course and just do your best. Know you cannot change fate, but you can give him your love and care.
I've cared for a foster mama that had such a tiny kitten I thought it wouldn't survive past the first week, while the others were huge. Turns out the runt not only survived but turned into a fat, huge and fluffy girl.
>>
>>2340983
That's a great idea, I'll be sure to apply it. What a cute concept.

Yeah there was a runt in the last litter I had but it came around. I'm happy to hear your kitten made it. I love success stories, sometimes I spend hours watching videos of progress where doctors are tending for severe malnourished animals and at the end of two months they look amazing.

This link is just an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdMj91gpCA
>>
My shelter uses colored nailpolish to mark the back eartips of similar kittens and puppies. Give it a bit to dry before giving back to mom and that shit stays on pretty well.
>>
There's this cat that's been living in my backyard for a couple of months. I think it's pregnant now. what do I do?
>>
>>2341130

Let a shelter know and they will try to capture it for you, they know all the rules about how and when to capture it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.