[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: bathead.JPG.jpg (359KB, 919x792px) Image search: [Google]
bathead.JPG.jpg
359KB, 919x792px
I was walking back to my apartment last night when I saw several bats fly overhead. They reminded me of how much I love bats, and how they don't get enough love
>>
>>2339813
Agreed. They are neat to watch. I've had them fly right to me and even buzzed me a few times on occasion. So sad that white-nose disease is hitting them hard. We're just starting to see examples of this in my region.
>>
>>2339813
I have a colony of endangered brown bats roosting in an old barn on my property. I get to watch them in the evenings, and enjoy a mosquito free environment.
In process of applying for a grant from Purdue University, turns out they will either pay me directly, or provide a tax break for ensuring that nobody fucks with the colony. It's a win/win.
>>
File: 1490225734275.jpg (80KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
1490225734275.jpg
80KB, 680x907px
>>2339813
I love bats but seeing or hearing one always reminds me of something that happened once
>be 11 years old
>on summer holiday with family, rented a house with a farm and a pool for around a week
>one day, at the pool
>nighttime slowly comes around, but water felt too nice and didn't feel like coming out
>start hearing bats, seeing them fly all over
>they start reaching to the water to catch bugs on the surface
>PANIC. gif
>5 minutes of little me screaming and swimming all over the place until I get the courage to get out
Not my proudest moment
>>
>>2339813
Unfortunately, the hate they get is somewhat fair, even if it isn't for the right reasons.
They are notorious for carrying infectious diseases, especially fruit bats if you live in the old world.
On the other hand, they're advantageous as far as generic pest insects/bugs go.
>>
>>2339813
He has excellent dental hygene
>>
>>2341465
That sounds funny to have seen
>>
>>2339813
I like bats because they aren't bland and boring like most mammals
>>
File: 1460139092979.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
1460139092979.png
284KB, 499x559px
>>2339813
>Be me
>Go to cotage in the middle of nowhere
>See rat lying on the fucking floor of my room
>Go to take a closer look
>It's a fucking bat
>Never seen one in the open
>Poke it once
>Let it there to get my camera
>Poke it and thinking it's dead
>It hisses at me out of nowhere
>Cry like a little bitch
>Return back to room after an hour
>No one entered it yet bat is missing
>Didn't sleep that night
>>
>>2339813
Bats are CUTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz8rvIl_vY
>>
Once bat flew into my apartment at night. When I heard something big smashing into walls and ceiling I hid under a blanket. Probably the scariest moment in my life.
>>
Got one stuck in my hair when I was a teenaged metalhead.
And another time I was walking and thought my friend threw something at my back or hit me and it wasn't until we walked into a Walmart did we realize there was a bat hanging ontoy hoodie. It was alright and I calmly walked out and shook it loose and into the night.

I assume they were average brown bats.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.