[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you tell doggo to not do things the right way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: shoedoggo.gif (3MB, 439x322px) Image search: [Google]
shoedoggo.gif
3MB, 439x322px
gif related or clicker training?
>>
positive training > negative training
>>
Reward it for not fucking your shit up
Train it to only take things you say
>>
>>2339252

What most people don't tell you is that there is no 1 correct way to do it. It's a combination of reinforcing good behavior, and punishing bad. The punishment is where it gets tricky.

Some dogs are much more sensitive and impressionable. These are the dogs that live to please you. A stern talking and depriving them of further attention for a few hours is enough.

Then there's the more independent dogs that don't do things by your schedule. They don't care if they're pleasing you. This covers most work dogs (huskies, pyrs, etc). The are stubborn, willful, and are harder to get a grip on their reigns. These dogs you will probably end up getting physical with. At least, using an e-collar. I recommend getting physical because it asserts yourself as the person in charge so they don't question you later. If you're already at that point, stealthily using an e-collar is the best bet.

And, of course, always reinforce desired behavior with treats or attention and happy voices. Whatever is available to you. Every single time. Their entire life. That is how you get the best results. Use high quality treats (hot dogs or such) in the beginning, then even as little as a "Gooood boy!" and a pat on the head will work great for the next 10 years. Just don't forget to praise.
>>
>>2341527
Hot Dogs generally have some additive that is pretty bad, just use chicken its the simplest
>>
>>2341895
>"my dog doesn't eat preservatives and artificial colors"

... dude, lighten up.
>>
>>2341895
Retards assume "additives" make a food bad and not the bucketloads of salt in every serving.

BUT SALT IS NATURRRR

NATURR CAN'T BE BAD RITE????
>>
toys. buy your dog toys. because its bored.
>>
>>2341527
so much this

The worst trainers operate on only one end of the spectrum.
>>
>>2339252
Hook the central nervous system to the pain machine for ten hours
>>
File: 1490188329950.jpg (96KB, 960x824px) Image search: [Google]
1490188329950.jpg
96KB, 960x824px
>>2339252
my dog was smart in a malicious way
>tell it not to bark at the gate
>stopped barking at the person who was passing at that time
>starts barks at the next person

the next day
>the same guy passes by
>dog stops barking
>starts barking at the next person
>>
File: 1449587560724.jpg (37KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
1449587560724.jpg
37KB, 500x257px
>>2342988
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.