[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my buddy just gave me his sugar glider, he couldnt give it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (38KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
38KB, 650x487px
So my buddy just gave me his sugar glider, he couldnt give it the time anymore and i've been looking for a new pet. i've done a ton of research and i've done my best to provide a good home, diet, and care for the little guy. This is my first time with one. She is a year old and i've had her for 3 days now, but she seems super scared of me, despite daily bonding pouch time. Is there more i should be doing? Or is it just a matter of time

>inb4 "YOU NEED 2" not an option
>>
Any advice in general would be appreciated, really don't wanna fuck this up.
>>
I think it will just take a bit of time, maybe put a tshirt of yours in her cage when she's in it so she can get more used to your scent.
>>
It will never like you, these things are fucking assholes
>>
On a related note, im thinking of getting a sugar glider and would appreciate any advice.

I'm an architect student and I plan on having it in a public with me at the studio as well. Are they comfortable just chilling in my pocket for hours on end?
>>
>>2338635
well thats just counter to literally tomes full of research and experiences with the critters
>>
>>2338640
They are super needy and piss everywhere
>>
>>2338640
They literally sleep all fucking day. which is cool if you have like a sidebag or a zip up pocket you can just leave them in while you go about your day. Depending on the glider theyre a bit of a pain in the ass at first, but with time they can be pretty chill pets.

They do never stop pissing on you though.
>>
>>2338657
>>2338651
Shiiit, I really don't want to go around smelling like piss
>>
>>2338659
Its just after they first wake up. I keep mine in his bonding pouch throughtout the day and carry him around while he sleeps, so he gets used to my scent. Then when he wakes up, i put him in his cage for about 10 minuets, he does all his pissing and shitting, and i let him back onto my shoulder. Havent been pissed on in a while. You just gotta work with em
>>
>>2338476
You need 2
>>
Is it possible to get them to bond with more than one person? I've been the main caregiver to mine and i think we've started to bond but i'm in a weird moving situation right now so i was going to have my sister take care of my glider while im gone, do you think this is okay?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.