[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Growth on dog near ear base

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2189.jpg (89KB, 679x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2189.jpg
89KB, 679x905px
We just noticed this weird growth-like thing near the base of my dog's ear. It's hard-ish and hair has stuck to it. We can't tell for sure whether it's connected to the skin but we're pretty sure it is. Any ideas what this might be? The dog is a 5-year-old mutt.
>>
>>2338044
Female :) hi!
>>
File: IMG_2172.jpg (130KB, 679x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2172.jpg
130KB, 679x905px
>>2338046
Yeah the dog is a female. Pic related
>>
>>2338044

Are you sure that isn't a tick? Looks remarkably tick like, and is in the right spot.However, whatever you do, if it is a tick make sure you remove it properly using a tick tool or take it to a vet who can remove it for you. You don't want to leave the head in the body.

As for anything else barring ticks, it could be a benign tumour or it could be a cyst. There is very little way of knowing without a pathology report. You can either take it to your vet, have it removed and then sent away for laboratory analysis. Or you could leave it and monitor it- if it grows/your dog starts to bother it etc then you will need to have it removed.
>>
>>2338048
Ah well if you aren't a female then later.
>>
>>2338049
Tick is possible; we found a tick on her earlier this season (it hadn't attached yet). It has shown up within the past 24 hours and we often walk underneath trees. I would have thought it's too cold for ticks to be active but THE WORLD IS DYING so I guess anything is possible. Thanks for your quick response; I'll go try to find a tick removal tool.
>>
>>2338056

Just looks very brown to me on the photo, but again- it's a photo, so I could very well be wrong. I'd be tempted to try the tick removal tool (but be gentle) and you'll rapidly find your answer.

If it's not a tick, as I said, pop her down to your vet and go from there.
>>
Yeah, looks like a fat tick.
>>
At first glance I thought the hand in op's picture was an avian foot.
>>
It is a tick.

146% infa
>>
>>2338105

Very close, but that is a human female. They're in the same genus as harpies.
>>
>>2338056

>THE WORLD IS DYING

For about 4.5 billion years now.
>>
>>2338044
looks like tick to me

Also gud doggo
>>
File: IMAG0004.jpg (148KB, 509x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0004.jpg
148KB, 509x905px
>>2338202
Thank you! Here's another photo.

It was indeed a tick. I've owned dogs for 15 years and have somehow managed to avoid ticks till now. Thanks for the advice friends
>>
>>2338325
I'm a guy you fucking troglodyte. That's not my hand
>>
>>2338044
Why is it I always forget to remove things from other threads I'm on? I'm not even drunk tonight...

Deleted previous post, so I'll try this again. That's just a tick, your dog looks like my last dog, do you have any clue what breeds went into her making? I've spent ages trying to work out what that dog of mine was, and any ideas might hep, because other than some small color differences, they look very much alike.
>>
>>2338387
We're pretty clueless ourselves. Right now we think she might be something like an Australian shepherd/chow? At least part Australian shepherd. We're unclear on what else. Someone literally gave her to us in a parking lot and the vet just put "mix" on her papers so yeah

Great dog though. Very trainable
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.