[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Constipated Cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Danalien.jpg (56KB, 628x823px) Image search: [Google]
Danalien.jpg
56KB, 628x823px
Hi guys,
I think my cat has megacolon. Every few months, she gets constipated and needs an enema. The vet has administered her two, so far and I don't want to have to do that to her every month.
She could also get surgery, but that's really expensive and might not work.
She's on cisapride, back up to twice a day, but hasn't pooped in over 24 hours and I'm worried.
Do you have any advice, or do you think we'll just have to put her down?

Pic unrelated
>>
cats are a diamond dozen

and they're gross

put it down and get a better pet

don't waste your money on garbage animals anymore
>>
>>2337414
Please tell me you're joking.
>>
>>2337414
Interesting thoughts; I will consider this.
However, you should consider that if you can't even spell "dime-a-dozen" then perhaps you're not intelligent enough to own a cat.
>>2337425
Do you have a different point of view?
>>
>>2337429
I was strictly referring to the "diamond dozen" comment.
As for your situation I don't know what to tell you anon. I know how hard it is to put a cat down, or any animal for that matter, but if her situation doesn't improve your have to think of what will keep her from suffering. Can you say that she's really living?
>>
Why would you kill your cat just because it has bowel problems? Mine had problems for years and I saw him through it until there was no other choice. Dehydration might be a factor and you can get Ringer's pouches and administer it under the skin to keep him hydrated.

Also your picture is fucking creepy, delete that from your harddrive for fuck's sake.
>>
>>2337429
>you should consider that if you can't even spell "dime-a-dozen"

oh honey, lurk more
>>
Crush acidophilus tablets and mix with prune juice. Tablet should be a fine powder.
Move liquid to syringe and serve to cat.
>>
>>2337391
let him outside more. if its an inside cat it probably doesnt get enough exercise.

this is why like 75% of elderly people are chronically constipated, they dont jiggle their intestines enough
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.