[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody have any experience with growing mangrove trees?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: mangrove.jpg (298KB, 1630x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mangrove.jpg
298KB, 1630x1080px
Does anybody have any experience with growing mangrove trees? Just ordered like 15 saplings and I've never grown anything more than a cactus you guys. What the fuck am I doing.
>>
>>2336026
Don't mangroves take years to grow? I'm just basing this off how slowly they grew by where I used to live.
>>
>>2336026

I did my senior research in college on mangrove crabs and how they contribute to overall mangrove health.

they're tough plants. Salinity has to be just right and there are nitrogen fixing bacteria around the roots. Go for it, but they are actively trying to restore mangroves in florida because they can be so temperamental. Very slow growers as well. If you can manage a way to get them to grow quickly you could make some real money.
>>
what the fuck do you even want to do with that many mangrove trees, you tard?

Do you even know what the fuck you have? You can't just say "mangrove tree" because there's so much shit just called mangrove and they are all particular in their own ways.

Sort yourself out.
>>
>>2336098
There's red, black and one more I can't remember.

In florida at least
>>
>>2336026
>Just ordered like 15 saplings and I've never grown anything more than a cactus you guys. What the fuck am I doing.
Being a fucking impulsive retard
>>
>>2336026
>saplings
You just fucked up. Unless you meant propagules?
What species? Same as your pic?

Anyway. Red mangroves are pretty hardy when grown from a propagule, though need lots of humidity, warmth, and light to grow well. Daily leaf misting too. Fastest growth happens when the roots are fully buried in substrate, trying to achieve pretty drop roots takes years.

If you got actual saplings... be prepared to lose some of them. For whatever reason, they don't take well to an entirely new environment once they put out roots.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.