[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, can you help me to identify this lizard? Much thanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: weird lizard.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
weird lizard.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Hi guys, can you help me to identify this lizard?

Much thanks
>>
>>2335836
Some kind of anole, but I don't know the species.
>>
Can't help, but that's a very cool looking animal.
>>
>>2335836
what country/state is it?
>>
File: brownanoles.jpg (90KB, 420x286px) Image search: [Google]
brownanoles.jpg
90KB, 420x286px
OP>>2335836
Brown anoles? Need location OP
>>
>>2335836
it almost looks like a baby basilisk lizard
>>
>>2336025
nah brah, it's definitely some kind of anole. Look at it's head shape.
>>
>>2336029
that's why I said almost
>>
>>2335836
A nigger anole.
>>
Brown anoles
They're invasive as fuck
>>
>>2336318
This. I don't condone herpecide but if there was one to consider, that'd be it.
>>
>>2336332
I think burmese pythons or iguanas are the ones you really need to consider.
Brown anoles mostly coexist with the native ones
>>
>>2336335
wrong. iguanas coexist because they just eat plants. brown anoles push green anole populations to extirpation.
>>
>>2336357
Iguanas displace other herbivores.

There was a study that showed that the local anoles have evolved to cohabitate and compete with the invasive ones.
Generally, green anoles spend more time higher up in trees and brown anoles spend time on the ground and low in the trees.
>>
>>2336335
Burmese pythons aren't that bad, just because they are limited to a very small area.
>>
>>2336357
Iguanas are considered pests in some countries. Google it.
>>
>>2336381
But those areas have no large native constrictors so they destroy the populations of native prey items
>>
>>2336363
exactly, they displaced green anoles outside of habitats closer to the grounds

>>2336388
yeah in some countries like mexico because they are everywhere. what does that have to do with ones in florida?

looks like I was wrong about florida though. recent information shows they eat an endangered plant that is the food source of an endangered butterfly, and they also steal burrowing owl burrows
>>
>>2336439
They're native to mexico, not florida
>>
>>2335836
i think your dog has autism
>>
>>2336509
yeah and brown anoles aren't native to florida either
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.