[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are birds superior compared to dinosaurs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: 100_4546.jpg (3MB, 3072x2406px) Image search: [Google]
100_4546.jpg
3MB, 3072x2406px
Are birds superior compared to dinosaurs?
>>
Considering birds went on to survive while the rest died out, yes.
>>
crocodiles are much better than dinosaurs desu
>>
>>2335290
well that was mostly a size thing. it couldn't be helped
>>
birds could adapt
dinosaurs couldn't

birds>dinosaurs
>>
>>2335318
it wasn't about adapting. everything above a certain size just fucking died (except crocs because they're too cool to die). you can't just choose to shrink.
>>
>>2335710
what about tiny dinossaurs
>>
>>2335722
what do you think modern birds are? they are the tiny dinosaurs that survived and continued to change and adapt to their environements.
>>
>dinosaurs no longer around
>birds still around
Really fires up my neurons
>>
>>2335299
>>2335318
>>2335739
>>2335722
The K-Pg extinction was was more complex than maladapted clades died whilst others survived, to give an example the only mammals that survived were omnivores, regardless of size all obligate herbivorous/carnivorous mammals went extinct.

dinosaurs just got unlucky
>>
>>2335289
>Are sardines superior compared to fish?
>>
>>2335289
I wish death to all birds. I have a colony of probably 150 cats outside. They are doing a great job of fucking the birds up. For every cat I lose I gain 8 more. The war is still going but it's going well. Fuck annoying birds.
>>
why did birds survive and pterosaurs die out?
>>
File: pixelwain.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
pixelwain.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>2335799
toxoplasmosis victim identified enjoy being louis wain
>>
File: 1489532568769m.jpg (105KB, 837x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489532568769m.jpg
105KB, 837x1024px
>>2335803
>>
>>2335739
>are dinosaurs superier to dionssars
Really leggos my eggo
>>
>>2335289

no. birds are just another branch of dinosaurs, and were contemporaneous with all the other dinosaur branches of the cretaceous. modern day birds are just the descendants of the one group of dinosaurs that survived the k-t event.
>>
>>2335722
>tiny dinosaurs
you mean birds?
>>
>>2335802
we don't know.
>>
If birds are dinosaurs but dinosaurs were reptiles, does that mean birds are reptiles?
>>
>>2335289
This is a hippogriff you idiot it's from harry potter.
>>
File: Untitled.png (265KB, 500x884px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
265KB, 500x884px
>>2335954
yes
>>
File: 1317785103146.jpg (7KB, 170x206px) Image search: [Google]
1317785103146.jpg
7KB, 170x206px
>>2336028
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Reptile&type=revision&diff=770104890&oldid=770103644

>mfw I will never be this butthurt over clades
>>
>>2335289
>depends on what do mean

Dinosaurs (true non-avian dinosaurs)
1. Truly dominated the earth for over 200my
2. Had the largest terrestrial organisms of all time; although not all were giants.
3. Some of the most well armed herbivores like stegosaurus, triceratops, therizinosaurus, and ankylosaurus to name a few
4. Some of the greatest, scariest, and arguably ultimate complex terrestrial predators: ranging from utahraptor and dakotaraptor to allosaurus and tyrannosaurus.
5. Had greater freshwater monsters, like baryonyxe and spinosaurus
6. Ancestors survived the P-Tr extinction

Birds
1. Are the most adapted for flight than arguably any creature ever
2. Dominate the skies
3. Easily much smarter with crows and parrots exceeding old-world monkeys (which are many leagues above dinosaur intelligence)
4. Generally have superior vision: most dinosaurs had poor vision, with the exception of dromaeosauridae and tyrannosauridae (more birdlike dinosaurs)
5. Better adapted swimmers, like the torpedo penguins; which are also saltwater animals which no dinosaur seem to be adapted for.
6. Survived the K-Pg extinction
>>
>>2336039
>literally just says "fake and probably not true just because"
>>
That fact that birds seem to be largely one of the most intelligent group of non-primate animals is fascinating to me.

makes me wonder about the intelligence of dinosaurs.
>>
>>2335289
Birds dominated the earth for only a short period in the early eocene.
Non Avian dinosaurs dominant the earth for 200 million years.
However birds are still around and won't be going anywhere any time soon, unlike non avian dinos
>>
>>2335802
Birds replaced small pterosaurs, only ones left were massive fish eaters which were wiped out during the kt event.
>>
>>2336415
>the most intelligent ones were almost lion-sized but as smart as possums

What did they mean by this?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.