[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phobias and Fears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

I don't like spiders very much, or roaches for that matter. Jumping spiders are ok, but anything bigger with thise creepy legs I can't do.
I'd really like to be able to walk past even a dead roach without having a panic attack.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure how I would even go about doing this besides being exposed to different species. I don't know anyone that has bugs though
>>
File: IMG_0817.jpg (137KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
137KB, 640x1136px
>>2335097
Roaches scare the shit outta me, as do centipedes. Other bugs dont bother me at all, ill let a spider crawl on me no problem. But if i see a pic related i bolt outta the room and return with body armor and a baseball bat
>>
>>2335097
get a baby tarantula and watch it grow up
>>
>>2335097
Exposure therapy is delicate business. There's a reason why people trust professionals to handle it. If you can afford it, there are therapists who specialize in treating phobias.
>>
File: philippine-spider.jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
philippine-spider.jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>>2335103
I thought about this a few times

It's just the legs on spiders that freak me out. That's why I'm ok with jumping spiders because they don't spread their legs and crawl really fast. They just jump.
So my problem is that they scurry really fast and I don't like them I guess

>>2335106
Thought about this too. There just isn't anyone close enough to justify the price I'm going to pay
>>
>>2335121
Jumping spiders can move quite quickly though, faster than most tarantulas. If they're not panicking this is about how "fast" they move: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgLLObzSHWE

Normally it's about half this speed, and this is already a fast and active species, most will be a lot slower normally. And they also get even slower as they grow up.
>>
>>2335128
Man I love the avicularas
>>
>>2335121
>>2335128
I believe you can get used to the fast movement. You got to observe them a while though, but you can tell which way they're going to move and why, and realize that they're not attacking but behaving like a superhero with special powers
>>
>>2335103
this, you would not believe how many tarantula owners are reformed arachnophobes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igPh7_pksM

If you're in the US, you can get a juvie or adult female Aphonopelma (our native tarantula genus) for 20-40 dollars. They're usually chill bros (just avoid A. moderatum), and very easy to keep
>>
File: 11-canadian-lynx-paws-cute.jpg (147KB, 1154x866px) Image search: [Google]
11-canadian-lynx-paws-cute.jpg
147KB, 1154x866px
Top worst fears

>1. any bodies of water
>2. death/mortality
>3. getting rabies
>>
>>2335101
I'll let one of those crawl on me no problem. they tickle
>>
>>2335121
tarantulas are like the slowest spiders ever though
>>
>>2335577
>watch vid you posted of nice calm tarantula
>jewtube puts a vidoe by a channel called "they will kill you" titled "when tarantulas attack" with a infected and untreated wound wound.
>>
>>2335698
for every good video/channel on youtube there are hundreds of shitty ones

couldn't you tell by the title and thumbnail that it was gonna be crap?

>>2335697
There are fast ones like Poecilotheria, but those are usually feisty and beginners shouldn't get them anyway.
>>
>>2335097
I fear roaches too, I hate summer for that reason. The worst part is that they hate me, for some reason they are very aggressive to me, instead of running from me they fly to me and I have to run like a dumbass punching everywhere.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (2KB, 137x93px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
2KB, 137x93px
Leeches scars the shut out of me. LAST time one for on me I like a baby in front of a bunch of cute girls. It gives so much satisfaction to put salt on them.
>>
Learn more about them. Roaches can do literally nothing at all to you except poop in your food. Handle a dead one with tweezers and look at it closely.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.