[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we exterminate pigeons and make native species prosper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: pigeon-plague.jpg (302KB, 1282x950px) Image search: [Google]
pigeon-plague.jpg
302KB, 1282x950px
How do we exterminate pigeons and make native species prosper?
>>
>>2334646
well it's not like any native species would live in those cities anyway. I'm not a yuro, so I'm not sure though.
>>
They're only there because they adapted to it when others couldn't. At least falcons benefit from both.
>>
>>2334646
Pigeons can feel pain and have a right to live, unlike most humans.
Why is your first reaction always to kill them?
>>
>>2334646
Every single living being in that image is a plague shitting up cities
>>
>>2334646

In an even of a food crisis and/or famine, you will be thanking God and Jesus alike for the roasted pigeon and stir fried pigeon you have eaten that week.
>>
>>2334931
>>2334955
>>2334968
>>2334684
>>2334671

Please just play along here. Lets say you're the dictator of your country and wants to get rid of them, how would go about it?
>>
>>2335144
gave kids pellet guns and teak them importance of gun safty
>>
>>2335144
Starve my people and let them get so hungry they eat all the fuckers.
Would sort out rats too.
>>
>>2334955
What did the Peruvians ever do to you?
>>
>>2335144
More predators (incl. active hunting)
Less food
Less cover / habitat
Remove nesting areas / reproductive capability
>>
>>2336071
>>2336032
This

>>2335144
Shoot on sight, design poison specific for the race
>>
>>2336051
Tbh this would probably be most effective
>>
>>2334955
What did the trees ever do to you?
>>
Hawks, they already work relatively well in San Francisco
>>
Poisons lead to biomagnification in apex predators.

Same with shooting: neither lead nor copper is good for raptors.

They tried tons of solutions to get rid of pigeons in the 20th century, all leads either to more ecosystem damage than it's worth. You forget that there are native pigeons that live in relatively similar conditions like mourning doves and any control scheme that impacts rock doves will impact natives as well.

My advice is stop giving a shit.
>>
>>2334968
>>2336032
Bad idea. Pigeons accumulate lead from airline fuel and gravel. City birds are shit meat, if you want squab eat a bird that was bred for squab and will actually taste like food.
>>
Let cats breed. Pigeons are slow, if there were enough wild cats in the cities they would hunt them all.
>>
>>2334646
Get rid of the gypsies enabling them
>>
File: IMG_20170113_141159.jpg (2MB, 1728x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170113_141159.jpg
2MB, 1728x3072px
>>2334646
Pic related
>Air rifles where made for sending small game to the viod

Country pigeons make good pies
>>
>>2334646
>implying pigeons aren't a man made problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7GJQZruBZ8
>"WHEN WILL YOU LEARN, WHEN WILL YOU LEARN, THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES"
>>
>>2336474
>and make native species prosper

damn i'm glad y'all arent' in charge of the EPA
>>
>>2334646
Getting rid of humans tends to do the trick.
>>
>>2335144
>Please just play along here. Lets say you're the dictator of your country and wants to get rid of them, how would go about it?
Don't play these stupid games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign
>>
>>2334646
Ger rid of pigeons and make native species prosper, simple really. Deconstruct the artificial cityscapes that allow pigeons to thrive, then go around exterminating all the invasive species that came over on boats from Europe.

Finally, release the native species from their captivity in artificially sequestered reserves so that they can reclaim the land once more.
>>
it's a city, too late bro, the "native species" are long gone
>>
File: 1477663083988.png (211KB, 439x487px) Image search: [Google]
1477663083988.png
211KB, 439x487px
>>2334646
Make pigeons fair game, although walking through the middle of town whilst pigeons pieces are getting splattered all over the place might not be very pleasant

>tfw live in Glasgow
>the pigeons are so comfy that they don't even bother moving when you get close and you actually have to step around them sometimes
>>
>>2334646
Introduce falcons.
They probably wouldn't fully exterminate them, but they would keep the population under control and also they look really cool.
>>
Remove the cities. Other than that, too bad, pigeons are the natives now
>>
>>2336708
Bumping this
>>
>>2337228
/thread
>>
>>2337204
Falcons are already in cities.
>>
Pay homeless people 2 bucks for a dead pigeon.
Afterwards: Make sure to severely tax the upcoming pigeon farms.
>>
>>2334646
More catfish.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.