[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aggressive Doge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1475195922094.jpg (35KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
1475195922094.jpg
35KB, 466x350px
>Be me
>be renting a room from a family
>they have another lodger who've comes for the weekend and has come for years
>he has a dog he brings with him
>the dog is a rescued dog
>it hates me for no reason (must remind it of its trauma)
>consistently growls if it even sees me
>barks if i get near
>probably will bite me at some stage

>owner understands and always diffuses situation
>often times the owner is in one room and the dog is in another
>basically confines me to my room because i hate worrying about this animal attacking me if i'm just trying to go to the bathroom or make some food.

what do i do? how do i get it to leave me alone?

I am generally mild-mannered and don't really do anything that could excite a dog. At the owner's encouragement I literally tried befriending it by giving it some food and stroking it and then it started freaking out and barked at me.

I only see it 2-3 days a week, and no matter what I do, it is adamant that it is going to threaten me if it sees me. How can I get it to leave me alone.
>>
Offer it a treat then when it gets close enough kick it in the mouth
>>
antifreeze
>>
grind up glass and put it in it's food
>>
File: 1487408618985.jpg (47KB, 691x516px)
1487408618985.jpg
47KB, 691x516px
>>2334541
Are you me?

I literally have the same problem, except he has already bit me.
>>
I had a friend with a traumatized dog and the dog got over it by my friend being aggressive any time it would bark. He would yank it's collar and get close to it's face and whisper something threatening to it. If the dog kept it up he would put it outside. Felt sorry for the thing but sometimes a traumatized dog needs stern leadership I guess.
>>
>>2334543
>>2334547
>>2334549
As much as i wish it gets put down BEFORE it bites me.

There is little svope for these options
>>
>>2334552
P sure it would just bite me
>>2334551
I think the main thing saving me from being bitten is autistically starving in my room on weekends and saving myself from the bathroom until im sure the other guy has taken ot away
>>
>>2334541
Just knock the bitch out. Law of tooth and nail
>>
>>2334558
He's my friend's dog rescued from the pound. All i did was baby talk to him like I always do and the fucker just bit my hand and started barking at me. My friend doesn't allow me near him and vice versa.
>>
Kick the shit out of it. Make the owner afraid to leave it near you
>>
File: IMG_0294.gif (2MB, 256x192px)
IMG_0294.gif
2MB, 256x192px
Simple, op.
>>
>>2334567
>>2334565
>>2334561
Tfw want to but probably would have to find another room
>>
>>2334569
Call 911 then sue them when it bites you
>>
So there are no options besides heeming it or eventually being bit??
>>
Approach the dog with a dominant and upright post, do not look at it, just walk past and completely ignore it. It probably is unsure of you because you are afraid of it.
>>
File: 1485576353819.jpg (108KB, 900x680px)
1485576353819.jpg
108KB, 900x680px
>>
>>2334884
I think this will exacerbate tge issue

Im sure if i ignore his frantic warnings hes last resort will be to bite
>>
Stop being a cuck and show dominance
Take the foodbowl off the dog and don't let it eat till it sits the fuck down
>>
>>2334543
>>2334547
>>2334549
Found the Turkroaches.
>>
>>2334984
Id rather not get bitten
>>
>>2334991
If it bites you then hit it lightly
If your dog is going to bite something 5 times the size of it then its fucking retarded
>>
>>2334541
Usually treats can make animals associate stuff with positive feelings. Maybe try throwing the dog treats every once in a while but if the dog's so anxious about you, don't approach or stroke it; just ignore it.

I haven't encountered a situation like that and can't offer any other advice than treats. However, if all the attempts to get on the dog's good side fail, can you simply tell the owner that you don't feel comfortable around this dog, and that you want him to make sure the dog can't get near you? If I were in your situation, I'd try to explain to the owner that there's a credible risk of an incident, and ask him to keep watching the dog at all times during these weekends instead of leaving it unsupervised. He knows the dog has showed aggression towards you, so it's kinda irresponsible if he's letting the dog out of his sight.

How big is the dog, anyway? Just wondering which one would be in a bigger danger if you did actually get into a fight; you or the dog.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.