[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faggot burd hates me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20170313_105955[1].jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_105955[1].jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
This little faggot here keeps biting me whenever I try to pet him. I know nothing about birds /an/. How do I train him to let me hold him and pet him?
>>
>non mammalian pets
You brought this on yourself.
>>
I didn't buy him btw. My sister found him in the street. She posted a notice on facebook and the owner met her and let her keep him. She can't have done to good of a job training him.
>>
Birds are not mammals, they don't lick each other and don't like to be pet.
Petting a female bird's back would tigger a mating response. Preening their face feathers would be also a romantic gesture.

The best way to bond with a bird is to eat together.

Also if you would like to build trust, look up youtube videos on how to train your bird to perch on your finger.

Do not grab your bird. Do you know what grabs birds? The talons of a falcon or the jaws of a fox. Birds don't like to be grabbed.
>>
>>2334371
I've heard they enjoy noise. Is that true? What do you by eat together? Is hand feeding a bad idea? I have a feeling that might have been what stated this behavior.
>>
>>2334375
Also is being in the same room as a tv okay? I'm guessing it's bad to watch tv at night since it could mess with his sleep cycle.
>>
>>2334375
Yeah they enjoy noise. Not all kinds of noise, but it's good to talk to your bird.
Whatever food is parrot safe is good. Hand feeding also takes a bit of time, bird need to get to trust you and be comfortable around you. Do you let him out of his cage yet?
>>
>>2334378
I do sometimes but not that often. Also I'm not living with my parents anymore. I'm visiting for the week. I don't know how often they let him out but I doubt they do it much. It's also kinda difficult to get him back in. I just sort of have to let him walk back in but if he gets on the ground I'm going to have to grab him to get him back in. I've seen my mom do this before so that might be part of the reason why he's like this now. He wasn't really like this when we found him. Also I think he needs his wings recliped iirc.
>>
Right now the method I'm trying to use to train him is to show him food and then hold out my hand to let him climb on but he's not getting it and keeps biting. Whenever he does that I close the door and wait some time before trying again. He doesn't seem to get it desu. I got the idea because he was screeching which made me check his food and it was empty. My parents probably feed him when this happens but I'm trying to let the little shit know he's not the boss of me. I know this is important to dogs but does this matter with birds? Do birds ever have dominance issues?
>>
>>2334378
>Whatever food is parrot safe is good.
That makes it sound like I should eat bird seed with him. What do you mean by eat together? Just sit next to his cage and eat after I feed him? That's sort of what I'm doing right now actually
>>
>>2334363
I'd recommend placing your bird cage set up in the kitchen and setting your oven to self clean function. This actually releases a slight amount of gas in the air that will put the bird in a euphoric (sort of drugged) state. This allows time for you to bond with him and reduced the chance he will get upset and bite you.
>>
>>2334461
Not really an option but thanks for the advice.
>>
>>2334394
Pretend to eat some of his food before offering him some. Or mix up some food that you both like (fine chopped broccoli or some fruit might work) and do the same thing sans pretending.

>>2334755
Don't actually do that. He's being le ebin ruseman and trying to get you to kill your bird.
>>
>>2334767
Oh, are birds really sensitive to gas from a stove or something?
>>
>>2334845
Not that anon but iirc the fumes that come from pots and pans when you're cooking are toxic to birds, so bird should never be in the kitchen or in a room connected to the kitchen.
>>
>>2334863
Teflon fumes. Birds can't handle them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.