[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw a wild animal in a corner so i went up and got real close to it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0556.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Saw a wild animal in a corner so i went up and got real close to it
>>
>>2333436
this is how natural selection works
>>
>>2333440
He hissed at me when i tried to pet him and thats when i finally got the message
>>
I do this all the time. My advice is to not fuck with deer in rut, (obviously) avoid skunks and groundhogs are meaner than raccoons.
I've grabbed foxes, raccoons, opossums, etc but if you get bit, go get your rabies shot just in case. One because you deserve the pain for being stupid and two it's not worth dying over. Opossums are total babies though. Even touching their tongue with a stick or a finger not once out of the many have tried to bite.

Only got bit once but I'm my defense it was to wrangle a raccoon out of my attic rather than running after wild animals for no reason.
>>
>>2333436
This happened to me once, except it played dead while I was poking it with my flashlight.

It wouldn't go away until I gave it some grapes
>>
It's an opossum. Cornering most wild animals is a bad idea, but an opo isn't going to flip the fuck out and maul you like a raccoon or something might.
>>
>>2333436
an opossum won't maul you but
>not knowing what an opossum is
>approaching and cornering a wild animal
>especially when you don't know what it is
>trying to fucking pet it

you'll get rabies or something from that thing, and you'll get killed by others.
>>
>>2333755
IIRC possums are actually one of the few mammals that can't get rabies, or at least it's very, very rare for them to get it. Something to do with their body temperature or something.
Won't save you from an infected wound going to your blood, though.
>>
>>2333760
Also: Possums won't really bite. It's not their thing. I trap them all the time and they're just too slow and usually, they just go stiff and start drooling everywhere. I've picked up a few and they don't seem interested in fighting. I mean... I'm not advising you go and grab a possum if you're not even smart enough to know what one is, but they're pretty chill relative to shit like raccoons, which will absolutely fuck your shit up.
>>
>>2333760
well there must be some disease you can get from touching them
>>
>>2333760
>>2333763
can confirm possums for being non aggressive rabies free bug munchers.
>>
>>2333829
That goes for literally any animal, though. Domestic or wild. As long as you don't eat it raw, lick its feces, make out with it, fuck it, or eat a sandwich directly after touching it, you'll be fine.
>>
>>2333892
>as long as you don't lick its feces or make out with it
damn what's with these unfair restrictions?

>>2333891
too bad I live in the US so I don't see possums. I've found the guys in OPs pic before though
>>
File: Macfag.png (127KB, 836x711px)
Macfag.png
127KB, 836x711px
>>2334685
>too bad I live in the US so I don't see possums. I've found the guys in OPs pic before though
>this autist again
>>
Growing up, my dad was an exterminator and would set cage traps around the yard to catch possums, which he would then shoot.

I used to secretly set the empty traps off or, if he had caught anything, let the trapped possum go.

He never knew it was me and always wondered how they were triggering the cage without getting caught.

Fuck him.
>>
>>2334754
you're damn right it's me. I won't abide you mixing up the names of two separate animals
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.