[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

discus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: discus.jpg (184KB, 1162x1066px) Image search: [Google]
discus.jpg
184KB, 1162x1066px
>>
>>2333056
overrated meme fish desu
>>
File: 4f3bdbe07c7d6.jpg (51KB, 670x449px) Image search: [Google]
4f3bdbe07c7d6.jpg
51KB, 670x449px
>>2333056
You can do better for the effort and money.
>>
>>2333056
Say, if I were to throw this fish in just the right way, do you guys think I could get a couple skips off the water?
>>
>>2333166
No, but you might get a gold medal.
>>
>>2333166
I'd bet you a silver dollar you can't.
>>
>>2333056
I used to breed discus back in the early 90's. I think they might have been new and cool back then.
>>
>>2333056
What the deal with discus? Why are they so popular?

Just got into fish keeping, but it seems like every youtuber that I've seen, who is into fish keeping, is into either goldfish, betta fish, koi fish, or discus.
>>
>>2333380
they're big. they're pretty. they're expensive.
but mostly they've got a reputation for being difficult to keep.

they're seen as expert-only fish, and people like that. Saltwater has the same appeal but without all the grinding-up-beefhearts-and-freezing-them-into-cubes.
>>
>>2333166
I used to catch and release bluegill that way.
>>
>>2333344
You cheeky little cunt I get it.
>>2333386
The great part is now they're being bred a lot in tap water and have become much easier to keep!
>>
>>2333403
Yeah when I started all we had was wild fish. Parasites usually killed them in a matter of months. They'd breed in tapwater but none of the eggs survived.
>>
>>2333405
As easy as they are now and depending where they're sourced from the price tag keeps normies away. But I have been seeing nice discus at some places starting at $20.
>>
Fish Shop Worker here.

Discus are a shit meme and boring fish. They're not even difficult to keep but somehow people fuck it up all the time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.