[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can dogs eat food cooked with onions (like rice) that have the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: onion.png (119KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
onion.png
119KB, 620x412px
Can dogs eat food cooked with onions (like rice) that have the onions removed, or is that still really bad for them?
>>
>>2332496
How big is your dog, and how often will this happen? If it's a one time thing and he isn't a toy, it won't be an issue.
>>
>>2332496
It's the oils that's really bad for them, so no, don't let the dog eat it.
>>
>>2332496
can you cook a sock full of arsenic in rice and then just remove the sock and be ok?
>>
>>2332519
I'd say small-ish/normal, like a Beagle/Fox Terrier kind of size.

It's definitely not a one time thing, I cook with onion a lot.
>>2332520
Damn.
>>2332521
Is this analogy correct? Are onions arsenic to them?

Is it really that bad? Hot damn. I cook a lot with onions and feed him leftovers all the time.
>>
>>2332526
https://www.banfield.com/pet-healthcare/additional-resources/article-library/safety-tips/garlic-and-onions-are-poisonous-to-dogs-and-cats

Google is your friend anon.
>>
why feed your dog rice anyway? I mean, obviously there are as many opinions on dog food as there are dog owners, and I try to respect other peoples choices, but its pretty rare to see people purposefully feed their dogs corn, grains, or other starch and carbohydrate heavy food these days.
>>
>>2333625
Anyone feeding dry food is using a starch heavy food. It's required as a binder to extrude the kibble pieces.
>>
>>2333648
There are dry foods available consisting of only meat, fish and vegetables (usually peas).
Even one of the shitty supermarket brands supposedly offer this here as of recent, but I haven't tried it or done any more research on it
>>
>>2333687
Peas have starch.

Literally the only dry, non-dehydrated, food without starch is that one flavor from wysong.
>>
>>2333625
Chicken and rice is a good bland food to feed dogs when they have upset tummies. It is also good to transition dog food. My second rescue refused to eat the food she got at the shelter. She only wanted the first dog's food. So I gave her chicken, rice, and pumpkin until her shit stopped being bloody and mucously, and then slowly started working in the other food.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.