[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No heat in the house blackout for 3 to 4 days they say, going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_oaoz8wxs0s1vq7ffwo1_500.jpg (34KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaoz8wxs0s1vq7ffwo1_500.jpg
34KB, 480x477px
No heat in the house blackout for 3 to 4 days they say, going down to 10F or so over the next little while.

Rip my fishtank. I never really treated them right but I didn't want them to go out like this

Tryna get them to a neighbors but I can't find the last two in their (pleicostomus and a brown snail, very camaflouged and now they're upset because of all the movement)

They gonna die, frozen like ice cubes

Pls press f to pay respects
>>
>>2332089
dumb hoodlum
>>
put your computer monitor up against the glass
>>
I feel like the bigger issue would be all of the beneficial bacteria dying without the filter.

I assume your neighbors have a tank of their own?

If you can, do daily water changes when the power is out.

When everything blows over, ask them for some of their filter media, get some Seachem Prime and maybe bottled bacteria depending on how you feel using it, monitor the water parameters like a hawk, and cycle everything all over again.
>>
>>2332108
Every time I consider getting in to the hobby I read posts like these, and realize I'm probably not smart enough to keep up with all this shit.
>>
>>2332112
I mean I barely take care if them and they've always done fine

Or at the very least they've lived 10 yrs or so

Anyway I can't protect them forever

My neighbor told me that her goldfish during a big ice storm with her power out formed a mucus cocoon and survived some years after, so I'm crossing my fingers
>>
>>2332112
I'm a complete idiot who even struggles with basic math and the only remotely hard part is starting your tank and getting the right levels but there's kits you can buy. A child could understand the instructions since you just stick in the tabs and get them to match the right colors.
Basically
>Get tank
>Put in water, filter, heater and thermostat
>Leave it alone to cycle
>Throw a few hardy fish in to continue cycling
>Done
For the most part you leave it alone. Check the levels and remove dead plants. If something spills or gets thrown in the tank(most likely caused by children) then it could take a dive. Sick fish too but that's why you're suppose to have hospital tanks so you can quarantine and separate new and sick fish.
I had a backup generator and heater for when we would loose power and had tanks since we had them for years, spent too much time on planting it and I'm cheap as fuck so I'd be pissed if I lost $40+ fish.
>>
Dude just buy a generator
>>
even a car battery and a power invert er would work. adding hot water and a thermometer would also work.
>>
If OP is in Michigan then most of the posted solutions are probably out of the question. More than a million people lost power due to the storms they just had. Any store that had generators has likely sold out.

Hopefully OP will have time to find the missing two and get them to the neighbors. It's not like the tank is going to freeze instantly.
>>
>>2332183
Yeah, and here in MI it's supposed to snow all week. Really shitty time to lose power.
>>
>>2332119
they might survive. Most tropical fish can handle near-freezing temps for a few days.

If not, they're cheap to replace. I keep a few thousand dollars worth of livestock around the house so I have a generator and battery stacks for power outages. It's just a business decision though. If it were cheaper to replace the animals I'd do that instead.
>>
>>2332089
You can nigger rig a setup using metal cans and candles. I've used it before to keep an ice hole open during the winter.
>>
>>2332112
If you're truly too stupid or otherwise incompetent to manage a freshwater aquarium, you shouldn't really own ANY animal.
>>2332119
Goldfish are coldwater, not tropical. What's your setup and what fish you got, OP?
>>
>>2333494
Everyone around me lost power but a few of the apartment buildings and me. Feels good man.
>>
>>2332119
They don't form mucus cocoons. It was probably mold from the poor conditions.
>>
If it's a big tank it won't freeze easily. Wrap it in something to insulate it and let whatever happens happen.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.